• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

wiibomb

Double post

Too many one-offs, not enough top end. You're also gonna run out cards.

If you're running Patron, you should run Sir Finley. Look for Mage or Warlock for the hero power. You also want a second inner rage and at least one battle rage, and definitely a second Frothing and taskmaster. You want at least one big card--Nef or Rafaam, maybe, to help close out the game. Ravaging Ghoul also has good synergy if you have it.

If you can, use the Innkeeper program on Hearthpwn to upload your collection, and we can give you more specific advice.

thank you, that's exactly the advices I was looking for. I thought taurissan was like an odd addition, so may be I'll take that one out. I'll also take out some oddballs I added.

BTW, I just make the deck public on hearthpwn, right? I haven't used it much, so I was hesitant to make it public to be trashed

EDIT: oh well.. made it public, not expecting much

scarlet

Today has been like about 6-1 with my custom zoo. From 18th to 15 lost my last one to midrange hunter. It was close match.

I like playing aggro. It's fast.

Currently 6-0 with this:

xLLbd7O.png

My highest recorded arena run has been 6 wins. I think I have gotten 7 before. I've been doing pretty good today, so I hope I can beat that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People complain about salt in this game, but you guys don't know salt until you're playing Overwatch and you get 4 gold medals and your team loses.

Just hit Legend for the first time ever! Super pumped haha.

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2006-21-16%2016.15.38_zpswavaz3zd.png

I got from Rank 15 or so all the way to Rank 1 (3 Stars) with Zoo. Eventually I lost 6 straight games, falling back to Rank 2. I switched to my own Tempo Warrior list and went 10-1 directly after the 6 game losing streak to hit legend. What a roller-coaster! I was about to quit for the day after my 6th straight loss but decided to stick it out with a different deck and just dominated.

Damn Mitch, you've been playing since beta - I remember you from some of the early GAF tournaments. I'm surprised you'd never hit Legend. I guess I should probably hit Legend some day too...

But, congrats!

The deck I posted ended up going 8-3. One loss was from a terrible starting hand, the next was some crazy mage with multiple framestrikes and polymorphs, and the last was a warrior that rushed me down. I almost came back with a crackle but RNG made me 1 off of lethal, and he topdecked a charge card. This is what I got from the pack:

Two legendaries in 1 day is pretty good. Both from the newest pack, so no pity timer.

Pooya

started playing straight up good ol' handlock, I was seeing so many control warriors, I won like 6 games back to back, sogood.

Then shamans and hunters came, lmao, it's hilarious how fast your health reaches zero with these bullshit curves. no darkbomb is a big deal. I just want to play my jaraxxus damnit.

Zoggy

F lol. Average N'Zoth plays are far far far weaker than a Call of the wild and you have two of them.

Tunnel Trogg wins more games than Nzoth, Cthun, Yshaarj and Yogg COMBINED!

so true.

it makes me laugh when people say hearthstone is a pay 2 win game when its best cards are always commons and stuff (cotw is an epic but still).

and the best decks or the most effective ones are usually cheap as hell.

zoolock doesn't even have epics, shamans only epic is godhammer, and in older metas the based face hunters most costly card was a rare arcane golem! lol.

greepoman

Hit legend with Ryzen's Malygos rogue going from 4 to legend in a couple hours and only lost 1 match in the homestretch from 2 to legend.

Surprisingly effective against just about any deck except face warrior... which is auto lose. Some of the advantage is some people still don't know how to play against rogue though.

I think Edwin won me more games than Maly... but you still need maly for a win condition against control. Definitely seems more consistent than Leeroy miracle cause it's more of a tempo deck.

squidyj

started playing straight up good ol' handlock, I was seeing so many control warriors, I won like 6 games back to back, sogood.

Then shamans and hunters came, lmao, it's hilarious how fast your health reaches zero with these bullshit curves. no darkbomb is a big deal. I just want to play my jaraxxus damnit.

fuck your jaraxxus.

ZZMitch

Damn Mitch, you've been playing since beta - I remember you from some of the early GAF tournaments. I'm surprised you'd never hit Legend. I guess I should probably hit Legend some day too...

But, congrats!

Yeah, I don't play enough to hit legend in most months, usually a bit less than an hour per day. This month though I was able to get a big winning streak going early and hit the low ranks quickly and then I decided to go for it.

Congrats, mayne!

I wish I could enjoy playing aggro decks! Closest I've gotten is maybe Tempo Mage or Beast Druid.

Did you enjoy the climb?

Yeah I did, mostly because it was quicker than I thought it would be. I hit Rank 1 before a few months ago but ended up not doing well and falling back to Rank 3 or so and never recovering so I was expecting more of a slog

patchday

^^ Cant imagine ever being Legend (but I've just barely started). Grats on your success!!!!!

My loot from a classic card pack

Never saw so much bling from a card pack

Can't imagine the salt being worse than in a MOBA game.

DOTA 2 salt transcends the multiverse.

Yeah MOBAs easily topple Overwatch for toxicity

The deck I posted ended up going 8-3. One loss was from a terrible starting hand, the next was some crazy mage with multiple framestrikes and polymorphs, and the last was a warrior that rushed me down. I almost came back with a crackle but RNG made me 1 off of lethal, and he topdecked a charge card. This is what I got from the pack:

Two legendaries in 1 day is pretty good. Both from the newest pack, so no pity timer.

Nice! been awhile since I've used Servant of Yogg

wiibomb

That Warrior deck reminded me that Blood Warriors exists at all. Has anyone tried making that card work?

the grim patron is the only thing stopping me from dusting the gold one I have..

surprisingly it worked pretty nice for me.. getting 3 grim patron's as backups with a whirlwind worked for some awesome moments.

I'm very low on any ladder or competitive mode, though, so may be that's why it worked

^^ Cant imagine ever being Legend (but I've just barely started). Grats on your success!!!!!

My loot from a classic card pack

I can't imagine it either, but I'll keep trying, if I get ever to rank 5 I'll be ecstatic.

btw, incredible pack, you can make those cards work later on some nice decks, well, most of them

Dota 2 salt is just Overwatch salt multiplied by the increased length of games. A 7-10 minute game isn't so bad when you lose, but losing a 40 minute game from minute 12 because your team decided to dick around until it was too late to come back is just the worst.

Hearthstone salt is largely RNG based. I rarely get mad when I lose to a legendary I didn't see coming or don't have the cash/dust to craft a deck to counter, but I do get mad when Knife Juggler gets the perfect juggle, etc.

Still, I play 'em all. Salt fuels me. Gonna get into Rocket League too sometime soon.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Can't imagine the salt being worse than in a MOBA game.

DOTA 2 salt transcends the multiverse.

As a person who used to play a lot of Dota 2, this is also a true statement. The rage levels in that game are inconcievable. Thankfully it is more fun to watch than play for me these days.

I save gold for adventures.

I bought all the adventures so I could use gold for Arena / Packs.

Just won 5 games in a row to hit legend again:

The decklist: (1 change from Kolento's list: -1 Tracking, +1 Fiery Bat http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/kolentos-midrange-hunter-june-2016-season-27/)

How does running two Elekk do for you? I can totally build out this deck but I'm thinking of putting in an Acidic Swamp Ooze for the sweet weapon snipe.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I bought all the adventures so I could use gold for Arena / Packs

How does running two Elekk do for you? I can totally build out this deck but I'm thinking of putting in an Acidic Swamp Ooze for the sweet weapon snipe.

I would think the elekk gets you highmane or cotw more often than you happen to have ooze in your hand when your opponent has a weapon. But with so many warriors maybe not.

wiibomb

I save gold for adventures.

I did that and bought the whole LoE with gold, then I bought all BRM with real money.

I gotta be honest, as Levi here said me, real money goes further with adventuires, gold goes further with packs.

I believe he is right, as I have been realizing, adventures have some useful cards, but not as useful are cards in the packs, and even commons in packs are useful many times.

I would suggest to new players to try and get packs with gold, and may be someday use amazon coins to get the adventures when you know you need to build something with the adventures.

I realized the pack cards build one's card foundation for later decks

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't think I would have the self control to not buy packs and save up 2800-3500 in gold. Especially with my collection as incomplete as it is.

wiibomb

I don't think I would have the self control to not buy packs and save up 2800-3500 in gold. Especially with my collection as incomplete as it is.

I did that... but only because I never tasted cards outside the basic sets. I was pretty comfortable in that spot, but if I wanted to get further I would need to get better cards/decks.
I realized adventures didn't gave me that much cards I could use.

EDIT: well, I saved up 3800 gold up to the point where I bought LOE, I could buy BRM instead, but decided to go the amazon coins there because of the savings

Buying the adventures is fair, I bought black rock mountains with the 5 dollar amazon coin deal but I don't really want to have to buy adventures going forward with money.

Thankfully I had the collection from starting in late beta before stopping early into official release to never have to spend money on the game.

Dahbomb

DOTA 2 also has some RNG factor thrown in the mix for the salt. Like that one pub where you always got hit by the 4x Multicast from Ogre Magi. Though the game has started to reduce RNG considerably by making it pseudo chance.

Wish HS would implement pseudo chance or weighted chances like with Discover.

bjaelke

When you open a pack of cards in Gwent, three cards that are either rare quality or better are presented to the player. You pick one of these to keep and discard the others. Then, the remaining four cards included in the pack are chosen at random and given to you.
sounds like a great approach

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
DOTA 2 also has some RNG factor thrown in the mix for the salt. Like that one pub where you always got hit by the 4x Multicast from Ogre Magi. Though the game has started to reduce RNG considerably by making it pseudo chance.

Wish HS would implement pseudo chance or weighted chances like with Discover.

Oh man you just triggered me so hard.

No lie though, that slot machine jackpot sound they implemented for Ogre is one of the best things in the game. When YOU get that 4x multicast.... its the best thing in the universe and when it happens TO you the rage is instant and severe. Nothing in Hearthstone provokes me like that. Praising Yogg forever is infinitely less horrible than 90% of what happens in Dota.

I would think the elekk gets you highmane or cotw more often than you happen to have ooze in your hand when your opponent has a weapon. But with so many warriors maybe not.

That's true - I may play it for a few days and see how often I end up wasting Ooze to stay on curve.

I figured it'd be a good tech card vs. Shaman, Warrior, and Paladin really. Also could help with the Hunter / Hunter matchup.

Currently at 2-0 on that Mage arena run. My opponent, a Priest, desperately dropped Majordomo to try and get tempo back. I play Servant of Yogg, Darkbomb on the Domo, I kill it and then deal the 8 damage for lethal.

Why a Priest went from 23 health to dropping the Domo giving me lethal is beyond me.

Elek only draws minions, so it can't draw CotW. It can thin your deck to make you more likely to draw it, but it can't directly draw it. From my experience with Elek, it draws a card maybe 30% of the time. I'm not a fan.

wiibomb

That's true - I may play it for a few days and see how often I end up wasting Ooze to stay on curve.

I figured it'd be a good tech card vs. Shaman, Warrior, and Paladin really. Also could help with the Hunter / Hunter matchup.

Currently at 2-0 on that Mage arena run. My opponent, a Priest, desperately dropped Majordomo to try and get tempo back. I play Servant of Yogg, Darkbomb on the Domo, I kill it and then deal the 8 damage for lethal.

Why a Priest went from 23 health to dropping the Domo giving me lethal is beyond me.

Majordomo is not a good card, right? seems to be mostly used against the user because of how little health Ragnaros has

Apathy

Yo fuck this stupid game.

Unbelieable, first this stupid brawl is another mage one (why the fuck does sorcerers apprentice let you have 0 mana spells, why? It's fucking broken and it happens every fucking portal brawl). All they have to do it make it so spells can't go less than 1, there, I fixed the fucking brawls.

Then add to the fact no one like portal brawls, they fucking suck, I have had the fucking games I was about to win taken from me three times already today because of some fucking unbelievable draw from the portals, as if they are programmed to give my opponent the exact draw. I am so sick and tired of this RNG bullshit, just let the fucking cards be there without RNG. It's no wonder I don't even care for this game anymore.I come in to do some dailies once every 3 days and I get so fucking angry because of bullshit.

Top Bottom