• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Revealed by Jupanda and Handsomeguy here.

handsomeguymijnt.png
Mathematically this is superior to the 2 mana version.

You are losing the same amount of stats but this doesn't die to hero power and you can potentially get a second tick.

But the issue with this card is that it comes out at a stage when you have probably used a lot of your cards. Maybe you can use it late game by using the 3 mana draw card into this.

Mathematically this is superior to the 2 mana version.

You are losing the same amount of stats but this doesn't die to hero power and you can potentially get a second tick.

But the issue with this card is that it comes out at a stage when you have probably used a lot of your cards. Maybe you can use it late game by using the 3 mana draw card into this.

I think the 2 mana one is stronger since you're committing less mana to the effect, making it easier to hit your small time recruits and then you're also able to use the minions the same turn. Every minion you play the same turn as the 5 mana won't get buffed.

Xanathus

Got 3 for voting for Amnesiac. I voted for him purely from the deck lineups and have never watched him stream or play. If I could have changed votes during the 2nd phase I probably would have picked someone else based on what decks everyone chose to bring.

Dahbomb

I think the 2 mana one is stronger since you're committing less mana to the effect, making it easier to hit your small time recruits and then you're also able to use the minions the same turn. Every minion you play the same turn as the 5 mana won't get buffed.
That's why I said mathematically and not actually better. The 2 mana card is likely to hit more targets one time. But tempo loss at 2 mana is more severe than at 5 mana.

Got 3 for voting for Amnesiac. I voted for him purely from the deck lineups and have never watched him stream or play. If I could have changed votes during the 2nd phase I probably would have picked someone else based on what decks everyone chose to bring.
Same but for Hotmeowth. Would've switched with the swiftness after seeing that 0-4 Giant Warrior deck lol.

wiibomb

Can I take part in Amazon sales and Amazon coins if I'm in Canada?

Just create an account in US and buy from that one in .com

You can switch accounts on the amazon appstore, so you can buy from multiple amazon accounts while being on the same blizzard account.

Magnus

Just create an account in US and buy from that one in .com

You can switch accounts on the amazon appstore, so you can buy from multiple amazon accounts while being on the same blizzard account.

Gotcha. That said, this won't be useful for buying the new expansion pre-order, eh? It's all only pre-orderable straight through Blizzard this time?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thanks for posting this..

I guess I'll need to make a new account just for this

Unfortunately supposedly the account had to be created and have a purchase prior to today to be eligible. This one will be hard to abuse sadly.

Lucky for me I made an account to abuse the twitch prime promotion and get Tyrande hah.

This is no good for preordering but 40 packs for $25 is far better than 50 packs for $50.

ZeroX03

Banned
I could see buff Paladin being a thing if they like reprinted Minibot or something. As it stands it's just too risky to buff anything without some kind of protection. You make something a 6/6 it still gets balled, value is not in your favor.

I think I'm eligible for that Amazon coin promo, but I'm not exactly loving HS enough to throw money in...

wiibomb

Gotcha. That said, this won't be useful for buying the new expansion pre-order, eh? It's all only pre-orderable straight through Blizzard this time?

Yeah, this won't work on that unfortunately since there is no way to access those purchases with the amazon appstore, only the HS shop since it can be accessed from the app obtained in the appstore.

Unfortunately supposedly the account had to be created and have a purchase prior to today to be eligible. This one will be hard to abuse sadly.

Lucky for me I made an account to abuse the twitch prime promotion and get Tyrande hah.

This is no good for preordering but 40 packs for $25 is far better than 50 packs for $50.

Oh! Good I had 2 accounts I made before, so I will be buying with one of them.

I'll be "abusing" the referral program for even more packs. $60 for $15 is a lot of value, even if they are spread

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Got my 6 from my boy Pavel. Got 1 golden epic so that's probably a win. Rest was garbage, but it's TGT so what do you expect.

They said the packs won't be delivered all at once. Maybe they're doing in pick by pick, as in all pavel winners got theirs first and thijs got theirs last (I haven't gotten mine yet).

patchday

yeah still waiting on my packs from bbgungun. my friend and I that voted for him spotted him walking around (blizzcon). But it would've been a hassle to catch up with him and it would've been an awkward convo (hey man you lost us our packs yo)

zoukka

Keep in mind they just gave paladin a lot of card draw with small time recruits. I think it may be playable because of that.

Yeah but that late in the game those 1-mana minions become more and more irrelevant. Not to mention you would need to draw them and not play them while having a vanilla 4/4 somehow alive on the board.

We can't 100% say it won't work, but in theory all of this sounds very gimmicky. The 2 mana hand buff is better.

Heropon

Got Chillmaw from my Thijs pack. I was so happy to see a second legendary after depleting the pity counter in my last TGT pack but then it's a duplicate and I only have three TGT legendaries. Agh, now I remember why I hate that expansion.

Well, 425 dust for free, yay!

Xanathus

Got Chillmaw from my Thijs pack. I was so happy to see a second legendary after depleting the pity counter in my last TGT pack but then it's a duplicate and I only have three TGT legendaries. Agh, now I remember why I hate that expansion.

Which reminds me that you should buy TGT packs until you get a legendary just before TGT rotates out in order to exploit the pity legendary counter.

fertygo

Dude Chillmaw is good, its everyone dream leg from TGT to get without crafting

especially with Dragon Priest gonna good very soon

Szadek

Revealed by Jupanda and Handsomeguy here.

handsomeguymijnt.png
Another one of these? Seriously?
It has the same problem the other card has: It's a bad tempo play.Also. in oder to make this effect consistently good you also need a lot of draw,which means you lose even more tempo.
Maybe a deck like this can work, simply because bliizard is pushing it so hard, but I'm not seeing that right now.
The 1/2 "draw a card if it has 2 attack or" more card would work really well in this deck, but I don't think that's enough,

Heropon

Dude Chillmaw is good, its everyone dream leg from TGT to get without crafting

especially with Dragon Priest gonna good very soon

I got it a year ago, I was just complaining about duplicates. I haven't been really lucky with them in TGT compared to Old Gods. I got Dreadscale, Dreadscale, Chillmaw, Fjola, Chillmaw. With Old Gods I haven't got any duplicates yet: Volazj, Soggoth, Huhuran, Y'Shaarj, Twin Emperors and Yogg-Saron N'Zoth.

Another one of these? Seriously?
It has the same problem the other card has: It's a bad tempo play.Also. in oder to make this effect consistently good you also need a lot of draw,which means you lose even more tempo.
Maybe a deck like this can work, simply because bliizard is pushing it so hard, but I'm not seeing that right now.
The 1/2 "draw a card if it has 2 attack or" more card would work really well in this deck, but I don't think that's enough,

Have you seen small time recruits? Draw 3 1 cost minions from your deck for 3 mana. It's a 3 mana nourish. That is a ton of card draw really I think people underestimate it because it's 1 cost minions. That 1/2 1 mana card will definitely be useful since you can tutor for it and then buff it, at that point it's a 2/3 1 mana hoarder or better.

jgminto

Have you seen small time recruits? Draw 3 1 cost minions from your deck for 3 mana. It's a 3 mana nourish. That is a ton of card draw really I think people underestimate it because it's 1 cost minions. That 1/2 1 mana card will definitely be useful since you can tutor for it and then buff it, at that point it's a 2/3 1 mana hoarder or better.
Small Time Recruits is obviously great but would you really run it over/alongside Divine Favor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom