• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

spell plus trade, gaining 2 armor, something like that on average. I don't know, I think you can do better. It's not going to help with shield slam. If you're building your control warrior to beat aggro hundred percent it could be useful, and by aggro I mean face warrior and things like that not mid range decks that will eat this easily. It's more of a tech choice than a 'good card I want to play'. that card could put a brake on aggro paladin for example. It's decent I guess.

----

in any case, no one will ever play those bolster buffs :p

bjaelke

Cwr1kIBWgAE16Pn.jpg

http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hea...ard-grimestreet-smuggler-hunters-paladins-and

gutshot

I'm surprised you guys think Outfitter is bad. Is it the 1/1 body that people are worried about? Because the effect seems insane to me.

Pooya

not looking good so far for grimy goons.

I guess it's all about the legendary ones. I'm not sure why they're even doing all these neutral 3 class cards now if they're printing things like that and only 3 of them.

bjaelke

Man Reynad really messed up his video. 2 other cards have now leaked through it - the one above and a rare card that gives +1/+1 to all cards in your hand at the end of your turn.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Minion battlecries also won't trigger the armor gain. So something like Shadow Strike into SI:7 also cleanly kills it.

You'd be coming out fairly even in that scenario. 6 mana 2 cards, with him getting a 3/3 to show for it.

The bigger worry is having cards like Thing from Below or Councilman just trade into it like it was nothing. Sure you saved a ton of health, but you'll lose that extra health next turn with the board they gained from your weak tempo play.

Then put on top how worthless it is against control matchups.

These buff cards in your hand remind me of eternal cards, but the eternal cards let you choose which card to buff. I wish hearthstone mimicked that aspect.

I'm surprised you guys think Outfitter is bad. Is it the 1/1 body that people are worried about? Because the effect seems insane to me.

I thought outfitter was no brainer level of good. Play it right after small time recruits and you're probably getting like 5 buffs. So it's sorta like getting a 2 mana 6/6 spread out.

zoukka

Minion battlecries also won't trigger the armor gain. So something like Shadow Strike into SI:7 also cleanly kills it.

And after that you feel pretty happy as the warrior.

I thought outfitter was no brainer level of good. Play it right after small time recruits and you're probably getting like 5 buffs. So it's sorta like getting a 2 mana 6/6 spread out.

The problem is you skipping turn 2 if you have to drop it on curve.

gutshot

As opposed to current aggro paladin which plays... what on turn 2? Knife Juggler?

I don't see how this is "skipping" your turn. Especially because 1/1 bodies in Paladin are pretty useful.

zoukka

considering this is one of the highlights of the expansion, it is very mediocre... it should be an "above average" card for these, and considering there are only 9 cards on this families it makes me think they are not really trying to make this mechanic a thing

The neutral one needs to be the weakest usually. A good arena card :trollface

As opposed to current aggro paladin which plays... what on turn 2? Knife Juggler?

I don't see how this is "skipping" your turn. Especially because 1/1 bodies in Paladin are pretty useful.

If you think that a 1/1 on turn 2 isn't skipping your turn as aggro then I don't know what to tell you. You skip the turn and enable more powerful plays later on, that's the point of the card.

Dahbomb

You need to make it hit on 3 minions for it to be worth it mathematically speaking. That's not always going to happen. It's a terrible top deck too, like worst than a 1 mana Argent Squire.

I think it can work in a very minion heavy Paladin deck. Maybe it's aggro, maybe it's midrange. I think we have to see the rest of the smaller cards in the expansion to judge properly.

As far as the new Reynad Warrior card goes, it's alright. I would play it in Bolster Warrior deck because the 5 mana slot has some mediocre taunts. I wouldn't play it over Ironforge Portal in Control Warrior.

But it opens up potential for Reno Warrior by allowing you to have both that and Ironforge. I feel like Reno Warrior can be a thing if they get a good board clear and another removal.

Pooya

zcvfWzY.png

+

The subtitles are from tomorrow's reveal if you select another language.

I see. the rare one is going to be revealed by handsomeguy, the artwork is on the website.

the subtitles are not even for reynad, I'm not sure why he had them lol.

You may already have enough powerful cards worth buffing on turn 2 depending on your mulligan.

I wonder how this effects steward synergy, if a 1/1 would get buffed by a divine shield even though it's buffed to 2/2.

gutshot

The neutral one needs to be the weakest usually. A good arena card :trollface

If you think that a 1/1 on turn 2 isn't skipping your turn as aggro then I don't know what to tell you. You skip the turn and enable more powerful plays later on, that's the point of the card.

My point is that aggro paladin doesn't have any plays on turn 2 at the moment that you'd rather be doing. You are banking a ton of tempo by playing this on turn 2.

Dahbomb

They seem to have moved random away from board and on to the hand. Don't know how I feel about that, that's obviously better than before but still not ideal. This expansion feels like it's going to be harder than before to make reads on hands.

wiibomb

They seem to have moved random away from board and on to the hand. Don't know how I feel about that, that's obviously better than before but still not ideal. This expansion feels like it's going to be harder than before to make reads on hands.

while what you say is true, I think I prefer a +1/+1 on a minion than "summon a random spell with random targets"

a +1/+1 doesn't feel as swingy as the RNG of the past expansion

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
These buff cards in your hand remind me of eternal cards, but the eternal cards let you choose which card to buff. I wish hearthstone mimicked that aspect.

The spreading out is the problem though.

What's the dream, playing a 1/1 on turn 2 and emptying your hand of three 1 mana minions on turn 3? Playing a 1/1 on turn 5 and emptying your hand of 6 1 mana minions on turn 6? Both seem like an pretty all in play, and neither seem like they're winning you many games.

I guess it has a little more potential in a midrange deck focused on having a 3/4/5 drop, but you're talking about multiple turns until you start having it be a 2 mana 3/3 or 4/4 or whatever instead of just a 1/1, and hearthstone has far too much snowballing to purposefully give up early tempo for later tempo.

does thalnos boost explosive trap or snipe. i'm gonna tech him into secret hunter since quick and kill are there and draw feels better than a second tracking

siiiick, i'd definitely prefer him over a second tracking then, kinda find it wacko most people don't

Tracking lets you draw that card you need and gives you 3 chances to get it immediately. Thalnos gives you 1 chance and that is determined when it dies which is often far after you need it.

There is a reason why people don't run it, or novice engineer... it's because those cards aren't better than tracking. But see for yourself. Getting spellpower to be of value when your opponent determines it? Not likely. They are far more likely to remove thalnos and then attack face because of explosive trap, than to just attack face and lose all value from their minions.

Tracking lets you draw that card you need and gives you 3 chances to get it immediately. Thalnos gives you 1 chance and that is determined when it dies which is often far after you need it.

There is a reason why people don't run it, or novice engineer... it's because those cards aren't better than tracking. But see for yourself. Getting spellpower to be of value when your opponent determines it? Not likely. They are far more likely to remove engineer and then attack face because of explosive trap, than to just attack face and lose all value from their minions.

those are just bonuses, it's not about letting my opponent get value off of it. quickshot and KC are 4 cards in the deck that can get the bonus early. and with secret hunter i feel like running out of cards in hand is a much bigger problem than just not having the right ones for the situation personally, especially when you're playing a dream hand and have the upper hand. it's not really a deck you can try to come back with most of the time

the only time where i feel like tracking really makes a huge difference is when you want to pull savannah or ragnaros, but early game it's pretty rare i have a floating crystal and usually all i would want to hit on is huntress so i find most early game ones are a waste

wiibomb

siiiick, i'd definitely prefer him over a second tracking then, kinda find it wacko most people don't

while the card draw from Thalnos is nice, it isn't as good as tracking because in tracking you are by yourself choosing which one you want, not just topdecking, also there is the consideration that the spell damage from Thalnos is very... delicate, since the card is so fragile, you can't really depend on Thalnos to even make it to the activation of the secret, it often removed very quickly and effortless

Thalnos works better on instant damage turns when you can pull off efficient spells to make damage on the same turn

while the card draw from Thalnos is nice, it isn't as good as tracking because in tracking you are by yourself choosing which one you want, not just topdecking, also there is the consideration that the spell damage from Thalnos is very... delicate, since the card is so fragile, you can't really depend on Thalnos to even make it to the activation of the secret, it often removed very quickly and effortless

Thalnos works better on instant damage turns when you can pull off efficient spells to make damage on the same turn

that's just icing man 4 cards of burn damage seem fine to me in a deck that you rarely want to spend more than 5 mana worth of cards per turn on anyway. not an awful barnes hit either for the same reason.

those are just bonuses, it's not about letting my opponent get value off of it. quickshot and KC are 4 cards in the deck that can get the bonus early. and with secret hunter i feel like running out of cards in hand is a much bigger problem than just not having the right ones for the situation personally, especially when you're playing a dream hand and have the upper hand. it's not really a deck you can try to come back with most of the time

the only time where i feel like tracking really makes a huge difference is when you want to pull savannah or ragnaros, but early game it's pretty rare i have a floating crystal and usually all i would want to hit on is huntress so i find most early game ones are a waste

I think you're looking at it all wrong then. When you don't get value off the spellpower, you're basically paying 2 mana for a 1/1 and to later cycle through your deck. Strictly worse loot hoarder, and loot hoarder isn't good enough. It shouldn't be a sometimes "bonus", it should be a big impactful consistent value aspect of the 1/1. Like rogue for example, has so many ways to take advantage of spellpower that thalnos is basically an auto-include in most rogue decks. Backstab, eviscerate, many cheap and powerful spell damage cards that you get immediate value off of. Hunter has like... quickshot... and kill command would require both thalnos and a beast to be worth it...

Also, not using tracking early game is fine. You basically want to wait as long as possible to use tracking, because then it's highly likely you'll be able to pick the card you need to the win the match up, if you hadn't already.

Dahbomb

Pompous Thespian was an arena card but that didn't make it any less boring.
Yeah but Pompous Thespian was clearly "power creep" over Frostwolf Grunt (which made it even less interesting) AND came out in an Adventure which had less cards. There are going to be a bunch of vanilla type minions in the expansion as there always are.

It seems like the theme of the Goons faction is buffing cards in hand. Would not be surprised if their Legendary mega buffs the hand or has a similar effect.

I think the Mage/Priest/Warlock faction maybe based around spells and highlander. Reno Warlock and Reno Mage is already a thing and they said they want to push Reno Priest too.

I really like the new Paladin card. There are very few options at turn 2 and it helps provide a bit more stats for your deck. With so many shielded minions it lets you overpower some cards and you still have a body out there to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom