• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

scarlet

Finally crafted all the control paladin cards i needed (5400 dust worth) and streaked right to rank 10.

I auto concede against Jade druid and quest rogue because they are anti fun, and secret mage is a pain in the ass because of counterspell, but I'm not upset to see most matchups.

Mirror matchups are always awful in hearthstone though.

Deck please

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone found a solution to the bug where Hearthstone launches, freezes to a white screen, and when you click on it, lets Windows offer to close it? It's been happening forever.

The only solutions I have found is to relaunch it 3-4 times or to relaunch the client completely.

Last game was really annoying since it potentially lost me the game entirely. 4 relaunch attempts failed. I relaunched the client, finally launched the game and reconnected, and was shown mulligans. Unfortunately, the first card I clicked to mulligan apparently registered as playing the cards instead, and all mulligan cards gave me a "don't have enough mana" voice line even though I was on the mulligan user interface.

Once I started the game, the first mulligan card I picked auto-played itself.

Blizzard

Banned
This is getting frustrating. Not even restarting the client necessarily fixes it -- sometimes you have to restart the game multiple times if the queue search freezes.

Eventually it just gave me a random win instead of reconnecting I think.

This is getting frustrating. Not even restarting the client necessarily fixes it -- sometimes you have to restart the game multiple times if the queue search freezes.

Try running the installation repair tool?

Blizzard

Banned
Try running the installation repair tool?
I've never heard of such a thing. I'll search it up next time it happens maybe.

In case normal mage secrets weren't obnoxious enough:
* Mage has hardly any HP, plays firelands portal, gets Hallazeal the Ascended.
* Mage then plays ice block the next turn as an extra "fuck you".

Almost went to fatigue against control paladin. He had two Tirions and was saving spikeridged for my devolves but otherwise I was in no real danger. I won because my bloodlusts were in my bottom 5 cards, along with my second devolve. Just kept my board up.

Still have no answer to taunt Warrior so I think I'll just auto concede next time I face one.

scarlet

Do you have a list? I'm enjoying Dragon Priest but would like to mix it up. Silence Priest is too inconsistent for me.

# 2x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Potion of Madness
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
# 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 2x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (4) Priest of the Feast
# 1x (5) Harrison Jones
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Lyra the Sunshard
# 2x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 2x (8) Free From Amber
# 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
# 1x (10) Mind Control

I don't have Elise, and only have 1 Glimmerroot, could replace 1 Free From Amber with one of them. I got to 10 from 14 with this one.

luoapp

try disabling streaming in Blizzard app.

Grief.exe

Damn

ll9OPd7.jpg

scarlet

How many packs after your Elise?

The only thing I don't like about control is the duration. I just had a game against quest warrior and it takes almost 20 minutes!

Grief.exe

apparently Ben Brode is hinting that gatgetzan auctioneer and alexstrasza are in consideration for the next hall of fame rotation:

http://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstones-ben-brode-on-building-a-healthy-meta-and-community-after-ungoro/

auctioneer seems like a lock, but alexs is still not decided. Ice block is not even considered by the looks of it

I would think Thalnos would be rotated since you see that card more frequently in a variety of decks, but Alex makes sense if they want to open up the design space around Mage. Creates more opportunity for creativity if you don't have to balance around a 15 damage turn.

Auctioneer will basically kill the threat of Jade Druid, which I'm fine with.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Alexstrasza doesn't really fit the mold for why Blizzard moves stuff into the Hall of Fame. She's not reducing deck diversity at all. People are just whiny because the of the swings she can create.

I can at least understand Gadgetzan because that card has just been the driving force in Rogue since the very beginning. Need more rogue archetypes that aren't just about having crazy auctioneer turns.

Fuck auctioner, opponent drawing half the deck in turn 6 is just bad game design.
I hate unique and different deck styles, too.

Alexstrasza doesn't really fit the mold for why Blizzard moves stuff into the Hall of Fame. She's not reducing deck diversity at all. People are just whiny because the of the swings she can create.

I can at least understand Gadgetzan because that card has just been the driving force in Rogue since the very beginning. Need more rogue archetypes that aren't just about having crazy auctioneer turns.
Haven't we been through this before? Losing an archetype doesn't suddenly make other archetypes more viable. It just makes the class as a whole worse, and Blizzard has shown that they don't intend to resupply for the things they take away from Rogues. I think it's been over a year since Ben Brode argued that Blade Flurry was holding back their ability to give Rogues good weapons.

wiibomb

I would think Thalnos would be rotated since you see that card more frequently in a variety of decks, but Alex makes sense if they want to open up the design space around Mage. Creates more opportunity for creativity if you don't have to balance around a 15 damage turn.

Auctioneer will basically kill the threat of Jade Druid, which I'm fine with.

While thalnos is used a lot, it totally fits the mentality of Team 5 about the purpose of the classic set, just the bones of the a complete body. Thalnos is good, but it doesn't do anything by itself, it just works as a suplementary card to boost others or draw other.

That is why I think thalnos will never go to the hall of fame.

Alexs is kind of weird and I understand why they are conflicted in rotating her

Innervate also has to go into the next HoF

Hahahahahaha.

No.

Malygos druid did and there was also straight spell druid less than a year ago.

Jade Druid also qualifies.

Using the card doesn't mean it isn't unique. Jade Druid uses the Auctioneer for their endgame combo to create an unstoppable board and protect from kill. Miracle Rogue uses Auctioneer to draw through the deck so they can piece together a burst combo while maintaining the board. That's what makes it unique, not that it gets used, but how it gets used.

Using the card doesn't mean it isn't unique. Jade Druid uses the Auctioneer for their endgame combo to create an unstoppable board and protect from kill. Miracle Rogue uses Auctioneer to draw through the deck so they can piece together a burst combo while maintaining the board. That's what makes it unique, not that it gets used, but how it gets used.
No jade druid uses Auctioneer to cycle through their deck just like Miracle Rogue, the choice of wincon is different but the way it plays out is very similar with both decks holding cheap spells until a swing turn with Auctioneer to stabilize.
You're playing 2 auctioneers for a reason, the first one is rarely enough to set up a kill.

No jade druid uses Auctioneer to cycle through their deck just like Miracle Rogue, the choice of wincon is different but the way it plays out is very similar with both decks holding cheap spells until a swing turn with Auctioneer to stabilize.
You're playing 2 auctioneers for a reason, the first one is rarely enough to set up a kill.
Obviously, you use the Auctioneer to draw cards, but that's an incredible overgeneralization - no shit! It's what Auctioneer does. However the functionality of that draw relative to the deck, and the general playstyle of each deck and how the Auctioneer functions within it, is very different.

Obviously, you use the Auctioneer to draw cards, but that's an incredible overgeneralization - no shit! It's what Auctioneer does. However the functionality of that draw relative to the deck, and the general playstyle of each deck and how the Auctioneer functions within it, is very different.
Auctioneer functions identically, it's how the decks play they differ. Rogue just has a couple more free spells.

That also ignores Spell Druid from last year which was basically the current miracle rogue. Complete with 2 arcane druids.

Mulgrok

Auctioneer works great in buff paladin and malygos hunter decks, but they suck against quest rogue and pirate warrior so they never see play.

What I hate about auctioneer is that it completely negates the tradeoff of putting small removal spells in a deck.

Auctioneer functions identically, it's how the decks play they differ. Rogue just has a couple more free spells.

That also ignores Spell Druid from last year which was basically the current miracle rogue. Complete with 2 arcane druids.
Yes, Auctioneer will always function the same because you can't change it's card text. lol Like I said, the decks are unique, as well as Auctioneer's role within them. I'll just leave you alone after this because it's starting to seem like you're intentionally playing dense.

Auctioneer works great in buff paladin and malygos hunter decks, but they suck against quest rogue and pirate warrior so they never see play.

What I hate about auctioneer is that it completely negates the tradeoff of putting small removal spells in a deck.
I've literally never seen either of those decks except for when people made attempts at getting the Paladin Quest done, and that turned out to be a mistake.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Auctioneer's issue is card draw is OP in this game.

Notice a trend?

Azure Drake gave you Dragon synergy and spell power. Even if that didn't end up working out you still got that card draw.

Same with Thalnos.

Auctioneer's issue is Rogue can basically easily combo spell for double draw.

Yes, Auctioneer will always function the same because you can't change it's card text. lol Like I said, the decks are unique, as well as Auctioneer's role within them. I'll just leave you alone after this because it's starting to seem like you're intentionally playing dense.
You also continue to ignore spell druid having been a thing, which went away when it lost raven idol.

Auctioneer's role in the decks isn't unique at all. You're ticking up jades, Sherazin and Edwin / Arcane Chants down. Jade druid just doesn't run out of cards.

The things that make miracle rogue different from Jade Druid are not contingent on Aictioneer.

Auctioneer is not OP period. Sorry, but it was it would have been nerfed again months ago.

Azure drake was not OP either. They didn't rotate it because it was OP, they wanted to make room for other 5 drops to prosper.

Kars is right. There are almost exclusively 2 decks that run auctioneer. Maybe 2 classes for the vast majority of the game. Druid and rogue. And rogue more than druid. And the card fits different in each deck, even in the same class. Auctioneer in maly rogue was actually different than auctioneer in a conceal/QA rogue deck.

It sucks that strong + unique cards that add different playstyles to the game get barraged this way. I wouldn't be that annoyed if auctioneer did rotate though rogue would definitely be requiring more than quest rogue to keep my interest.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Azure drake was not OP either. They didn't rotate it because it was OP, they wanted to make room for other 5 drops to prosper.

Other cards couldn't prosper because Drake added too much value.

It wasn't OP in a I'm gonna kill you crazy or something as such.

It was OP in that it brought too much auto value compared to other 5 mana neutral cards.

I mean sludge belcher wasn't gonna crazy kill you either, but that card also brought crazy value to the table.

In Drake, Thalnos, and Auctioneer it just happens to be that card draw is part of their value, and card draw in and of itself is super strong with the way Hearthstone is fundamentally constructed.

And there is nothing wrong with card draw, and even strong card draw. Don't see many griping over power word shield or NSC.

Also next rotation jade isn't going to be a thing, it's being rotated. Counterfeit coin is being rotated too. Counterfeit coin is the reason why auctioneer is even really viable and miracle rogue is only a tier 3 deck atm. Prep alone is not enough to make auctioneer good imo.

Q8D3vil

I hate unique and different deck styles, too.

Haven't we been through this before? Losing an archetype doesn't suddenly make other archetypes more viable. It just makes the class as a whole worse, and Blizzard has shown that they don't intend to resupply for the things they take away from Rogues. I think it's been over a year since Ben Brode argued that Blade Flurry was holding back their ability to give Rogues good weapons.
Mass card draw out of nowhere is not unique , its just op as fuck.
Remember unleash buzzard 4 mana combo madness.

Mass card draw out of nowhere is not unique , its just op as fuck.
Remember unleash buzzard 4 mana combo madness.

I think that is bullshit. If card draw was so OP you'd see a lot more of it in decks. It depends on the deck you're playing how much card draw you need. If you're playing a class like rogue which lacks AOE, taunts, and healing you have very little else to rely on. You have tempo and combos.

Rogue does a few things well. Tempo, single target removal, and card draw. People are saying rogue should lose one of it's pillars. They probably need to add some very strong cards to replace auctioneer, and even before. I bet if they remove auctioneer, whatever rogue gets people are gonna complain anyway.

Q8D3vil

I think that is bullshit. If card draw was so OP you'd see a lot more of it in decks. It depends on the deck you're playing how much card draw you need. If you're playing a class like rogue which lacks AOE, taunts, and healing you have very little else to rely on. You have tempo and combos.

Rogue does a few things well. Tempo, single target removal, and card draw. People are saying rogue should lose one of it's pillars. They probably need to add some very strong cards to replace auctioneer, and even before. I bet if they remove auctioneer, whatever rogue gets people are gonna complain anyway.
Of course mass drawing is shit if you have only minion or expensive spells.
Its broken because a lot of rogue cards syngergize with playing mass cheap spells from vancleef to arcane giants (lets not forgot their new legendary ).
Note: 99% of my decks are control, so i really hate fucking rogue.

Apathy

Done with this shit, game, uninstalled it tonight. Fuck RNG, literally the worst game I ever had the displeasure of playing and blizzard isn't going to get a penny from me for it. Rather stick to something that actually takes skill

Top Bottom