• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just lost to a Mage

3x Ice Block to start with

Then after getting through those 3 and them having 2 HP

He drops Jax

Oh and to finish me they randomly drop Alex to 15hp me then kill

The amount of rng bullshit with discovery cards.

Blizzard

Banned
Just lost to a Mage

3x Ice Block to start with

Then after getting through those 3 and them having 2 HP

He drops Jax

Oh and to finish me they randomly drop Alex to 15hp me then kill

The amount of rng bullshit with discovery cards.
Going through 2 or 3 copies of Tarim / Burnbristle / TIrion is great fun when playing against Paladin too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So, if anyone in here is using Discord, there's a new moderated channel for us Hearthstone players and salt collectors.

I've updated the OP with the link, under Beginner Resources. I had to set the link to permanent so not sure if your link works anymore or not.

Ridiculous game against a Yogg Rogue.

His Swashburglar gave him Lyra.

Mindgames put DrakOp on the field.

Also got Free From Amber.

Yogg gives him: Call of the Wild, Shadow Games, Spellbender, Ice Block, and others.

I pop his Ice Block with Eviscerate from a stolen Huckster and win with Holy Nova and a stolen Leokk.

Blizzard

Banned
OK, I'm tired of playing remotely fair with Hunter. What's the best bullshit highrolling deck that's still meta-capable for the rank 15-10 climb?

Blizzard

Banned
Aggro druid, token shaman. Lots of high roll potential.
I tried (token?) shaman without much luck last season. I played a lot of jade druid so I suppose it's time to see how much of aggro druid I can build. I've never tried that.

*edit* I have everything besides Living Mana if I do the Bittertide Hydra variant. Is Living Mana key to the deck?

Tagyhag

What rank was that? That dudes deck was weird.

Toast is publicizing a bug that gives you an autowin.

If you mirage caller a minion with power word glory or yseras nightmare, the game crashes and gives you a win.

Goddamn it, I'm all for finding out critical bugs for Blizz to fix, but maybe he shouldn't put that out in the open lol.

Grief.exe

Oh hell ya

rztvUIm.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm currently looking to release the "Hearthstone Streamers Were Wrong about Un'goro Cards" video on Monday. Editing is pretty much complete. I might just have to polish up a couple transitions and add closed captions before releasing it.

Giving Trump a little extra attention in this video. I found his review system to be pretty horrible on this go around. He set himself up for failure by trying to predict the meta and also rating half the set at 1-star.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I tried (token?) shaman without much luck last season. I played a lot of jade druid so I suppose it's time to see how much of aggro druid I can build. I've never tried that.

*edit* I have everything besides Living Mana if I do the Bittertide Hydra variant. Is Living Mana key to the deck?

it's pretty important because it lets you refill your board immediately after a clear, but you can try using Soul of the Forest as a budget replacement.

Blizzard

Banned
it's pretty important because it lets you refill your board immediately after a clear, but you can try using Soul of the Forest as a budget replacement.
Thanks. I had put an extra Swipe and a Fandral. Unfortunately I've lost 2 out of 3 since changing the deck to use Soul of the Forest.

However, I'm also having the sort of games where I mulligan 4 cards and get 4 more unwanted cards, including Patches. :( There are 4 mulligans I'd accept, too.

fertygo

Thanks. I had put an extra Swipe and a Fandral. Unfortunately I've lost 2 out of 3 since changing the deck to use Soul of the Forest.

However, I'm also having the sort of games where I mulligan 4 cards and get 4 more unwanted cards, including Patches. :( There are 4 mulligans I'd accept, too.

err Fandral is useless in the deck, might want to put Violet Teacher or Shapeshifter instead

scarlet

Playing greedy priest, and actually having fun. Decided to buy 5 packs, hoping for 2nd glimmerroot or Elise.

My luck with un'goro packs is amazing, 7 legendaries in about 90 packs, and no dupe from packs.

Don't have Tarim, already crafted Lyra. I guess I can try paladin now.

Edit:

Bought 10 classic packs.

I take this as a sign.

So, from only having lightlord, now I have Tarim and Tirion too!

I should feel burned out if it increases my luck.

Blizzard

Banned
err Fandral is useless in the deck, might want to put Violet Teacher or Shapeshifter instead
I already have Shellshifter, though I guess I could add another one.

For whatever reason, Fandral + extra Swipe was 5-4, and replacing with Soul of the Forest is now 3-6. Maybe I can find a better replacement until I farm 800 dust.

*edit* Druid turn 3, plays coin Barnes. Gets Deathwing, Dragonlord as a 1/1. I kill it, summoning Deathwing + Ysera from his hand. OK.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Started running dual eater of secrets purely to combat Mage fuckery.

Destroying my deck viability against other classes be damned.

Blizzard

Banned
Started running dual eater of secrets purely to combat Mage fuckery.

Destroying my deck viability against other classes be damned.
I kept one in my pirate warrior deck last season for a while. It wasn't great past rank 10, but the few times when it destroyed some mage with ice block or 2-3 secrets built up made it all worth while.

wiibomb

why is everyone having so much luck with the packs? last time I opened 60 classic packs I had 2 dupes and The Beast (I have less than half of legendaries from that set.)

I just have the worst luck with packs, I get dupes left and right even when I have less than half the set.

also, I'm pretty amazed a how blizzard is so serious about they bugs they have in their games, I really think toast streaming didn't warrant him a ban, even if that was for 4 days.

Tomcat

Control is better than murloc. Don't have any problems against it. Right now paladin is not the best choice for laddering though

Bunga

I'm playing Burn/Gunther Mage against a Golden portrait Druid with complete golden token deck. I just about stabilise on turn 8, he drops Living Mana. I top deck Volcanic Potion. "Ah, Hello there".

"I concede to you"

No better feeling.

Sande

Have bots started conceding? I was playing a guy who I was 100% sure was botting. Slow hits one by one, executing every turn like clockwork and making some really stupid plays. But then he conceded when he had no chance.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Finally crafted all the control paladin cards i needed (5400 dust worth) and streaked right to rank 10.

I auto concede against Jade druid and quest rogue because they are anti fun, and secret mage is a pain in the ass because of counterspell, but I'm not upset to see most matchups.

Mirror matchups are always awful in hearthstone though.

Top Bottom