• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This knights of the frozen throne idea is really dumb and I love it.

I hope their single player stuff is good for this. I have really been missing the Adventures in HS (still their best content to date). BRM and LoE are the best designed HS adventures and still really fun to go back to some times. Though they have been trivialized by newer cards breaking many of the enounters, the heroic versions were really good puzzles at the time. I hope they continue some sort of "heroic" equivalent in whatever the single player thing is in this.

gutshot

Wonder if Undead will finally become a tribe this expansion? And if so, what their main mechanic will be (Dragons have hold, Elementals have played last turn, etc.)?

wiibomb

Official announcement + card reveals are supposed to start today, right?

official announcement is today, however we don't know if they will kick off with card reveals, they might reveal 1 or 2 cards and go completely silent until a given date like they did with un'goro

Is funny how people has quickly turned around the opinions of both shadowverse and duelyst, specially considering how "balanced" is hearthstone now.

At least Eternal and Gwent seems to still be games that have a good balance on gameplay

Dunno if you've been paying attention but HS is pretty well balanced atm, no quotes required :p

sibarraz

Banned
Dunno if you've been paying attention but HS is pretty well balanced atm, no quotes required :p

Balanced and all, people were still unhappy by how crystal rogue (a tier 3 deck) was capable of winning easily some matchups.

That being said, we really have to give it to team 5 for finally being able to keep the meta balanced

Oh god no, that's like Jade Golems.

It is, but it might not be as awful. I could see it akin to C'Thun, but then again, they've been pretty good about not recycling full mechanics / ideas. That's why I think it could be more focused on a graveyard-ish mechanic. All we've seen for that is Resurrect and Onyx Bishop, if I remember correctly.

Can't really say though. Whenever there's been a new mechanic, I've always been surprised, and I'm guessing I will be again. Or it'll be the 'resurrection,' of inspire minions, back from dead.

I dont like all this talk of the new expansion, and I only have saved 4000 gold.

I had almost 8000 last expansion.

I need some mega x2 quests during the next two weeks to help

osu61303

A cool new effect would be discover a creature that died this game, either player's graveyard. I enjoy their simplied tutor mechanic.

A cool new effect would be discover a creature that died this game, either player's graveyard. I enjoy their simplied tutor mechanic.
This sounds cool until your opponent digs into their graveyard and pulls out N'Zoth a second or third time in the late game.

It is, but it might not be as awful. I could see it akin to C'Thun, but then again, they've been pretty good about not recycling full mechanics / ideas. That's why I think it could be more focused on a graveyard-ish mechanic. All we've seen for that is Resurrect and Onyx Bishop, if I remember correctly.

Can't really say though. Whenever there's been a new mechanic, I've always been surprised, and I'm guessing I will be again. Or it'll be the 'resurrection,' of inspire minions, back from dead.
I'm a huge fan of things like Dreadsteed or minions that regenerate. I'm just a whore for value. I suspect that Undead will orient around such an idea.

Just the thought of Sludge Belcher becoming even better blows my mind.

osu61303

With stonhill defender + your idea.. i can see a ton of fucking tirion everywhere.

Time for a Trigger Target Deathrattle effect to player card, Ashbringers for everyone

In theory there should also be an increase of taunts to flood the choices. Granted it does seem like infinite white eyes and tyrions all day.

Blizzard

Banned
I want an egg card that's a tombstone or soul portal or something similar.

It could be 0/5 and maybe spawn a copy of a random undead you control. As a deathrattle, the card could resurrect 1-2 random minions that died this game.

Hybris

I dont like all this talk of the new expansion, and I only have saved 4000 gold.

I had almost 8000 last expansion.

I need some mega x2 quests during the next two weeks to help

Damn that put it into perspective how much more I played this expansion than shitty msog. I had 5.5k gold for un'goro release compared to 7.6k now, and we are a month away from the next expansion. Nice job team 5.

Peléo

I wonder when Blizzard will toy with the around of 'Field Spells'. Spells that last for a number of turns with symmetric effects.

sh1fty

Perhaps the "undead" mechanic would be to bring back an undead version of a minion that has died this game but instead of it's original effect, it has the same stats and is marked as "rotting" away after 1-2 turns similar to Doomsayer.

You could also introduce minions that can purify or cleanse rotted minions so they become their original forms again and stay on the board.

wiibomb

Violet Illusionist works pretty well in the Brawl.

it works excellent as a turn skipper, basically it can work to skip damage from mini-rag just 1 turn off lethal, then bounce back the mini-rag damage to the opponent, I have won some games by doing that strategy

Fewr

I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I love the art direction of this game. I really like how they do sinister, creepy expansions but then you look at the art and it's a very disney-like approach to it. unf unf!!

Beckx

i'm sure this already came up, but Toast said he'd heard a leak that the expansion would have a mechanic "in all other card games but not Hearthstone". Not sure if he was just trolling or serious.

Hyped for a Lich King expansion. Best times in WoW.

Top Bottom