• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I dunno about them adding undead so soon after adding elementals. And I think if they were going to add death knight it would be the first expansion of a rotation, not the second.

So I don't have any expectations so far about this expansion.

Balanced and all, people were still unhappy by how crystal rogue (a tier 3 deck) was capable of winning easily some matchups.

That being said, we really have to give it to team 5 for finally being able to keep the meta balanced

Quest rogue is not always tier 3. It's actually healthy for decks to rise and fall naturally. And in the tournament meta, quest rogue is obviously much higher if you look at pick rates for shanghai alone.

Some people will never be happy though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
i'm sure this already came up, but Toast said he'd heard a leak that the expansion would have a mechanic "in all other card games but not Hearthstone". Not sure if he was just trolling or serious.

Hyped for a Lich King expansion. Best times in WoW.

They are finally going to add a GRAVEYARD? It would fit the lore and be something that the game is missing from an interaction standpoint. Ressing/Restoring things out of the graveyard is a pretty common mechanic in lots of card games.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They are finally going to add a GRAVEYARD? It would fit the lore and be something that the game is missing from an interaction standpoint. Ressing/Restoring things out of the graveyard is a pretty common mechanic in lots of card games.

I mean, hearthstone cards do that sometimes, they just don't specifically call it a "graveyard"

sibarraz

Banned
i'm sure this already came up, but Toast said he'd heard a leak that the expansion would have a mechanic "in all other card games but not Hearthstone". Not sure if he was just trolling or serious.

Hyped for a Lich King expansion. Best times in WoW.

The first mechanic that comes to mind is counter, but I don't know how they could include it considering the "casual" design of interactions in the game

I think a graveyard is actually not what the game needs. Graveyard implies a pile of cards that have been used and removed from the game. If a card dies and goes to the GY, and then is resurrected it is removed from the GY in other card games - like gwent for example. In hearthstone, there is no removal from the GY. In fact, you can resurrect the same minion 10 times before it dies twice. Even anubarak when it dies, returns to your hand and counts as having been placed in the "GY" of hearthstone.

I doubt we'll be getting a graveyard mechanic/feature, even though to some extent it could be useful. Maybe they will make mechanics that would be heavily reliant on it...

--

The brawl is a little boring. Seems like whoever gets patron on the board first will win most of the time. Some shaman tried to counter that with volcano but even though it largely cleared my patrons, left 2x 3/1s, they still lost.

I think a graveyard is actually not what the game needs. Graveyard implies a pile of cards that have been used and removed from the game. If a card dies and goes to the GY, and then is resurrected it is removed from the GY in other card games - like gwent for example. In hearthstone, there is no removal from the GY. In fact, you can resurrect the same minion 10 times before it dies twice. Even anubarak when it dies, returns to your hand and counts as having been placed in the "GY" of hearthstone.

I doubt we'll be getting a graveyard mechanic/feature, even though to some extent it could be useful. Maybe they will make mechanics that would be heavily reliant on it...

--

The brawl is a little boring. Seems like whoever gets patron on the board first will win most of the time. Some shaman tried to counter that with volcano but even though it largely cleared my patrons, left 2x 3/1s, they still lost.
All Brawls eventually end up like this, but I think that shows how the game is actually very tightly tuned mechanically.

StrikeJP

Neo Member
Looking to complete some quests. I have the Challenge A Friend quest and I need to watch someone win :)

StrikeJP #1548 on the NA server. Go ahead and PM me.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Looking to complete some quests. I have the Challenge A Friend quest and I need to watch someone win :)

Theoretically it's better to reroll the watch a friend quest during this event.

I'm down for the challenge. Chris#110874

wiibomb

I can help you, but it might be better right now to re roll that one because of the double gold event right now

EDIT: understood wrong, it was a the 80g quest

Trying to tinker with Hearthstone again in preparation for Knights of the Frozen Throne because I'm a big Arthas/Scourge/Lich King fan. Really not enjoying the quest chain that they make you do when you return to the game. I'm being rewarded classic card packs instead of gold, which is really what I want.

Grief.exe

If Un'goro didn't turn out as well as it did, I probably wouldn't be excited for this announcement. The meta is as diverse and interesting as it's ever been, and the lich King is some of the best content in the Warcraft universe. I'm stoked.

manhack

swtn.gif

Less than an hour before reveal I don't want to be spoiled.

scarlet

Wait, I thought the (Legendary) duplicate works like if you have the free one, you won't get same one, cuz it's already on your library unless you dust it.

For example, if I get Tirion from welcome bundle, I won't get Tirion anymore from classic pack unless you dust him.

So we can make our heroes "legendary", but it takes a card? That's unexpected. And we're getting a new kind of magic? That sounds like an intriguing expansion already!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Wait, I thought the (Legendary) duplicate works like if you have the free one, you won't get same one, cuz it's already on your library unless you dust it.

For example, if I get Tirion from welcome bundle, I won't get Tirion anymore from classic pack unless you dust him.

Right. But potentially, if you already have tirion you still might get him from the welcome bundle. I don't know that they have clarified that particular point.

We only know that it will work this way with packs. We don't know if it will also work that way with the single player content. So if you open some packs and get a legendary, we don't know if the single player content will be blocked from giving that same legendary or not as a reward.

Maybe Blizzard will clarify but we don't know, that's why it was said to do the single player stuff first before you open your packs.

Show me some top tier control Shaman cards please Blizzard.

Also I'm guessing the Death Knight cards are terribly slow which is probably a big reason as to why Quest Rogue got the axe.

Top Bottom