• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Good job Blizzard for encouraging more use of the most BM emote.

I swear Primordial Drake must be the hardest minion for Priest to deal with. Immune to shadow word and potion.

Fewr

Ugh.. it's insignificant in the list of changes this game needs, but if Blizzard had more cosmetic stuff for sale I'd buy it all in a heartbeat.

it depends where the meta goes i suppose, but rn i've won 9 straight with this, ice block is just dumb. mana wyrm and book are kinda eh but idk what i'd drop them with since you kinda just want cheap cards you can dump out since card draw is so easy, makes ice lance > frostbolt > fireball almost always available by turn 7 and the chances of your opponent not being weak to them at that point are p damn low unless there's a way to make priest heal faster than this burns, not sure there is

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Forbidden Flame
# 1x (1) Arcane Blast
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Ice Lance
# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (1) Mirror Image
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Medivh's Valet
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (4) Fireball
#
AAEBAf0EAowUjawCDooBrAHAAbsClQOrBJYFvAj7DPcN+g2BsgLXtgKYxAIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

actually drop apprentice in there for sure for the OTK burn since devolves are starting to pop up. thalnos is a good slot in as well but idk if it beats out anything already listed really

But Ice Block isn't working against the special minions flame attacks (forget his name)? Is it just there to avoid the kills from your opponents minions?

If it worked against the burning attacks that would be insane.

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh.. it's insignificant in the list of changes this game needs, but if Blizzard had more cosmetic stuff for sale I'd buy it all in a heartbeat.
I really want a feature where you can click or hover your own deck to admire animated card backs. It's such a little thing, but I have basically zero motivation to change card backs because I can't see them.

Dahbomb

All of you idiot aggro players bringing your netdecks to the Brawl...

Please don't bring this card into the Brawl.

55570.png

Dahbomb

I'm just imagining some dumbass hearthstone deck like freeze mage playing something like that. Makes me feel gross just thinking about it.
I think this is just the type of card that rewards other players for playing aggro (because this card is unplayable against aggro) and punishes decks that play control/slow.

Not really a healthy card to print in general IMO.

TankUP

I just realized the best thing about a new Hearthstone announcement--a new thread title! This current one is by far my least favorite.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just realized the best thing about a new Hearthstone announcement--a new thread title! This current one is by far my least favorite.

Why so mean?
tears.gif

Maybe I should go with Deeprock Salt again.

Kangi

Nothing like being Pyroblasted three arena matches in a row to make you realize you can't even remember the last time you enjoyed playing this game.

Blizzard

Banned
Nothing like being Pyroblasted three arena matches in a row to make you realize you can't even remember the last time you enjoyed playing this game.
Do you feel you're addicted? I often end up playing games to make some sort of personal goal, like the possibility of some day getting lucky and hitting rank level X / rank silver / whatever, but I at least have to admit to myself it's probably largely addiction.

In theory there should be some games out there you enjoy. :(

SuperBonk

Been trying to do this challenge a friend quest all day for the 160g but none of my friends have been online. Anyone here want a free 80 gold? Just PM me.

Edit: Taken

Blizzard

Banned
I've been buying Gadgetzan packs for ages, ignoring Arena, determined to force the pity timer to give me another legendary. At long last, after what felt like the full 30-40 pack range, it ticked over today.

I got Sergeant Sally. :( I assume that's an awful card. All I want is Aya Blackpaw.

Grief.exe

I've been buying Gadgetzan packs for ages, ignoring Arena, determined to force the pity timer to give me another legendary. At long last, after what felt like the full 30-40 pack range, it ticked over today.

I got Sergeant Sally. :( I assume that's an awful card. All I want is Aya Blackpaw.

😬😬😬😬😬😬

But Ice Block isn't working against the special minions flame attacks (forget his name)? Is it just there to avoid the kills from your opponents minions?

If it worked against the burning attacks that would be insane.

true, as long as you can keep the pressure with rag as a mage though mage does have some good burn. i did go 9-1 with that before i started switching around. i guess patron belongs in every deck though at this point. but all the more reason to use mirror image tho or archanologist if you want to snipe them. i did lose a game to a pally where i woulda beat him but he threw down a murloc'd secret on turn 4 when i was gonna have the coin for patron, but his secret i just assumed could've been repentance and wrecked my grim i held on, and lost cos of just the threat of it. but mirror is legit, or get a duplicate out on 4 into patron as well. illusionist pretty OP as well.

also i've been putting mind control tech in everything bc literally everyone has shit to steal from turn 3 on cos rag counts as a minion, great counter to patron as well since can use mage hero power or any class with ping

Kangi

Do you feel you're addicted? I often end up playing games to make some sort of personal goal, like the possibility of some day getting lucky and hitting rank level X / rank silver / whatever, but I at least have to admit to myself it's probably largely addiction.

In theory there should be some games out there you enjoy. :(

I'm cyclical when it comes to online (and some replayable offline) games. Play it a bunch, stop playing for a few months to a year+, come back and play it more. Hearthstone is on that list for various reasons.

Warcraft universe-themed collectathon with strategic deck building and neat rewards and then oh look the class I poured all of my dust into is trash on the ladder (and it will be that way for months) and oh look arena's still mageville (because nothing's ever going to beat Flamestrike and nuking your face) and oh look I'm 0-2 and my opponent has legendaries somehow (please end my misery).

The fact that I always come back despite my laundry list of misgivings probably signals that I get addicted to it. I don't even know the reason! I'm generally not an addictive kind of person. At least I never blow money on it.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know if it's the brawl making people upset or what, but games are taking ridiculously long tonight. It's not just control, it's people taunting + roping when they've lost, or taking 25 seconds to decide on a single obvious card.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
New exp already? Jesus Christ. So cards will be revealed?

zoukka

Man they have accelerated the release of the expansions... not that I'm complaining.

Modifiers to classes or just cosmetic changes? :eek:

Bunga

Can't believe the next expansion is upon us already. I'm glad they're doing this double gold reward event - presumably this event is to try and bypass a backlash for the speed at which the new expansion has been announced, because it will allow folks a chance to save up some gold in order to purchase the new packs?

Either way, I earned about 300-400 gold today from the 3 quests I'd left in my log for the last couple of weeks (haven't touched the game for a bit).

Pooya

Instead of adding DK class, they are turning everyone into DK, it's a neat solution.

We should be looking at a new hp at minimum, hopefully it's not terrible like shadowform is. Just let us start the game undead if we have Arthas in our deck, just balance it out, it should be a different way to play the same classes, not a OP way. Should be interesting, I just hope it's not another interesting but largely failed mechanic like quests were. I want to play the new stuff.

I hope they put some lore-related cards into the next expansion. WotLK had some great characters, which could make for some decent legendaries, as opposed to the usual "Even Chillier-Wind Yeti" and "Lich King's Jester" stuff.

Is it possible people are returning for the first time in months because of the promotion?
I played against legit midrange shaman and water rogue multiple times today already.

Possible. I played against a Warlock running Medivh and Jaraxxus last night, and I haven't seen the Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion for bloody ages. Maybe he was trying out some sort of EZ BIG EZ LOCK EZ deck?

sibarraz

Banned
Is funny how people has quickly turned around the opinions of both shadowverse and duelyst, specially considering how "balanced" is hearthstone now.

At least Eternal and Gwent seems to still be games that have a good balance on gameplay

Top Bottom