• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

seems like warlock is the best class for that card, just life tap on 2, it's not the worst thing.

Fill your deck with 1 and 3 drops and every other necessary thing you need, it could bring zoo back. There are a lot of cards that become exponentially better if given +1/+1; Like argent squire and all the 1/3s.

wiibomb

Interesting, so the adventure mode will not offer just a set legendary, it will specifically offer a random hero card.

I wonder if the same no-duplicate rules apply with that random card.

Guessing the preorder is only going to be available on the website again? Crafty bastards.

given the image leaked, no, it will be available in-app

Okay yeah, confirmed that you can preorder in the client when the patch hits.

Also alternate heroes revert to the base hero when using the hero cards. So Tyrande becomes Anduin, Magni becomes Garrosh, etc.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the new heroes interact with Repentance just like Jaraxxus does. PALADIN META BOYZ.

But for real, nah it won't.

scarlet

I hope the new heroes interact with Repentance just like Jaraxxus does. PALADIN META BOYZ.

But for real, nah it won't.

I think it's gonna work if it's replace hero and set health to x number like jaraxxus.

Deathstalker rexar only gives him 5 armor.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Some early "Subject to Change" ratings from myself.

Deathstalker Rexxar - This card seems pretty bad. The primary benefit is actually the board clear. For two extra mana over consecration you're gaining 5 armor and the new hero power. The new hero power isn't even that great. Because the mana cost of the two beasts are added together, the card you get isn't really that OP. Good for control Hunter memes. If there's any chance I underrate this it is because the zombeasts are better than I'm expecting. I might have to do some more theorycrafting but otherwise I think the benefit just isn't good enough and too value-based for Hunter. 2 stars.

Shallow Gravedigger - If you want this to be competitively viable, I think you're missing a stat point. Maybe there's a chance for this if your goal is to play a bunch of deathrattles (ala Quest Priest) and so double-stacking deathrattles on a single card is nice for you? My inclination is that it's simply fair and worth 2 stars in a vacuum, but could be 3 stars depending on what else is in the set.

Chillblade Champion - Eh.... looks bad at first glance. I think in most cases it's kind of like a 3/2 that heals for 6? You charge and hit the face for 3, heal three, then deal 3 damage
and heal again to whatever kills it? At first I thought this was a complete design failure but maybe it's okay. Could be decent in handbuff maybe? But it could also fall flat. I think this is a card that people will need to test with to figure out how good it is. I'm not sure how to evaluate Lifesteal at this point, especially when combined with Charge of all things.

Spirit Lash - Could be a nice little priest card. Scales incredibly well with spellpower. Could be pretty important if token strategies continue to be popular. 3 or 4 stars. I'm not sure yet.

Prince Keleseth - Eh? 2-cost cards are pretty important. At first glance I thought it was just looking at minions, but it counts spells too. The benefit is great. Kind of thinking it like Wild Growth with a 2/2 attached. But perhaps the condition is too hard to meet. Resigning yourself to hero powering on Turn 2 seems pretty bad in most cases. Only handlock has gotten away with that before. 2 stars?

TankUP

What's PPP in Egg Druid? I tried googling but failed.

It's an insider acronym ONLY used in this one thread on NeoGAF. There's no reason you should know it (and no reason people should use it, imo, because it's just confusing) but it stands for Patches Pirate Package. :/

TankUP

Prince Keleseth - Eh? 2-cost cards are pretty important. At first glance I thought it was just looking at minions, but it counts spells too. The benefit is great. Kind of thinking it like Wild Growth with a 2/2 attached. But perhaps the condition is too hard to meet. Resigning yourself to hero powering on Turn 2 seems pretty bad in most cases. Only handlock has gotten away with that before. 2 stars?

Might be pretty nice with Hunter quest if they make some good new 1 drops and give Hunters some good cycle/draw.

Blizzard

Banned
It's too much to hope for, but I hope Paladin somehow ends up really bad off with the next expansion. I've become increasingly more bitter about 2-3 wickerflame / tirion etc. draws.

I'm not even sure I hate the discover mechanic per se, as much as I hate it discovering duplicate cards or chaining.

vall03

I main Hunter and as someone who really likes Dinomancy, that Deathstalker Rexxar is bad. 6 Mana Consecration + 5 Armor is kinda decent. Then there's the Hero power to combine two different Beasts, then I read that it will combine the costs. Lol no, you're already losing by the time you try to drop a minion considering the initial cost for just earning the card is 8 mana.

ZealousD

Okay, so Stonetusk Boar with the zombeasts is kind of amazing.

Doesn't change my evaluation but you know somebody is going to lose to Stonetusk Boar + Grotesque Dragonhawk in a Trolden video.

Edit: Oh. No choices greater than 5 mana? Well, Stonetusk Boar + Viscious Fledgling. Almost just as bad.

Blizzard

Banned
Okay, so Stonetusk Boar with the zombeasts is kind of amazing.

Doesn't change my evaluation but you know somebody is going to lose to Stonetusk Boar + Grotesque Dragonhawk in a Trolden video.
But what if Stonetusk Boar gets hall of fame'd the day before the expansion? :O

wiibomb

where did you confirm this?

But what if Stonetusk Boar gets hall of fame'd the day before the expansion? :O

to be honest, I'm surprised the haven't done that, Stonetusk boar is one of the most problematic cards they have regarding expansion testing, they seem to always find a way that card messes a strategy to make it broken

ZealousD

Okay, now I'm wondering how zombeasts works with Weasel Tunneler.

Sheroking

I main Hunter and as someone who really likes Dinomancy, that Deathstalker Rexxar is bad. 6 Mana Consecration + 5 Armor is kinda decent. Then there's the Hero power to combine two different Beasts, then I read that it will combine the costs. Lol no, you're already losing by the time you try to drop a minion considering the initial cost for just earning the card is 8 mana.

You don't lose your deck. There's no incentive to play your hero power generated minions the next turn.

It's a value hero power. If Deathstalker Rexxar works, it will be in a control deck - not typical Hunter aggro/midrange.

There's def some cool options though with that card for standard, more if you go into wild. Fusing beasts could be very cool but getting the right combo of beasts to function independently and lend themselves to fusion is gonna be odd. Definitely seems like Hunter Quest decks might happen.

The big question will be whether Warlocks use Jaraxxus or the Deathlock card. Using both seems like a waste since they replace your hero power.

I finally hit rank 10. Jesus, it took me 3 evenings of play to get from 11 to 10. The competition in Wild has gotten considerably more steep, and I think the Wild meta ranking reports are what's doing it. I ended up making it from 12 to 10 without any losses with my Demonlock deck. The only thing I lose to is Control Shaman because Devolve and Hex annihilate my combos.

Final game was won with a 4/4 Stealth Windfury Pterrordax while I had Abusive Sergeant in my hand. Pterrordax is such a great card. I once beat a Priest player because he couldn't kill Pterrordax after I gave him Windfury, and the next turn I double PO'd for 24 face damage on turn 5.

Also alternate heroes revert to the base hero when using the hero cards. So Tyrande becomes Anduin, Magni becomes Garrosh, etc.
Magic so powerful it can change your gender.

What's PPP in Egg Druid? I tried googling but failed.
Patches Pirate Package. It's a term that was used around here when Gadgetzan dropped to refer to 2x Small Buccaneer + Patches in pretty much every deck. Nowadays people use the 1/2 that kills a weapon charge instead of Buccaneer. It's actually funny how that card was effectively deleted with its nerf.

I've been waiting for a lifesteal weapon for rogue for a while. Maybe it'll happen now.
Still waiting on that Blade Flurry payoff.

Spoilers on the new Rogue weapon:

Panacea Blade
4 Mana
1 attack, 3 durability
Your Hero Power gives this weapon +1 durability instead of replacing it.
Lifelink.

LOL
seems like warlock is the best class for that card, just life tap on 2, it's not the worst thing.

Fill your deck with 1 and 3 drops and every other necessary thing you need, it could bring zoo back. There are a lot of cards that become exponentially better if given +1/+1; Like argent squire and all the 1/3s.
I wonder if it might breathe new life into that Hunter quest. Your deck is mostly 1-drops, so missing the 2-drop isn't a big deal. But what if you can give all 15 raptors +1/+1? Now they are 5/4s.

Hybris

You all just missed the hearthstone tourney stream turning into some sort of bizarre nightmare glitch video.

How do they still not have this sorted out??? My 2 favorite players in the tournament and we miss an entire game... FFS

It's an absolute joke that they don't have any sort of admin tools this far into the game's lifespan.

gutshot

What are some of the most fun and interesting Zombeast combos?

Duskboar + Dispatch Kodo = Fire Elemental w/ Brann on board

Duskboar + Stranglethorn Tiger = Bigger Ravensclaw Assassin

Duskboar + Stonetusk Boar = SMOrc

Young Dragonhawk + Stranglethorn Tiger = Mini-Galvadon

Kindly Grandmother + Crackling Razormaw = Better Shredder

Stonetusk Boar + Vicious Fledgling = GG

wiibomb

stranglehorn tiger is 5 mana already, I don't think that can appear in the choices

gutshot

I thought it was nothing higher than 5 mana would appear? That way the highest cost minion you could make would be a 10-drop.

One thing I just realized is this: if all of the classes get something similar to Zombeasts, control mirrors are going to turn into a huge shitshow. Worse than Golden Money duels.

And what if Mages get Zombspells? Can you imagine your opponent crafting things like Frost Nova + Frostbolt and Frost Nova + Ice Block multiple turns in a row?

I went from excited to concerned.

Not thinking about combos, but rather prime targets that have good abilities:
Dispatch Kodo (now it does a ton of damage)
Pit Snake
Pterrordax
Chittering Tunneler
Direhorn Hatchling (deck stuffer)
Ironbeak Owl
Gastropod
Fledgeling
Tigers
Verdant Longneck
Macaw and Webspinner
King's Elekk
Ratpack
Dreadscale
Knuckles
Huhuran
Angry Chicken (lol)
Giant Wasp

Hybris

The hunter hero card looks pretty unplayable. Why do they even try to force slow archetypes into hunter? It hasn't been a thing ever and it never will be. They are lacking way too many tools to just patch up with a few expansions. The card could be okay in some other class, but I'm not really sold on paying 2 extra mana for each minion after over paying for the aoe + heal. Underwhelming for sure.

Top Bottom