• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
One thing I just realized is this: if all of the classes get something similar to Zombeasts, control mirrors are going to turn into a huge shitshow. Worse than Golden Money duels.

And what if Mages get Zombspells? Can you imagine your opponent crafting things like Frost Nova + Frostbolt and Frost Nova + Ice Block multiple turns in a row?

I went from excited to concerned.
You don't enjoy playing against freeze mage now?

Brode is going to be like YOU ALL WANTED CONTROL META, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

f0lken

stranglehorn tiger is 5 mana already, I don't think that can appear in the choices

5 mana are ok, because you can create a 10 cost beast with two of them, is from 6 onwards.

Bittertide Hydra + Stone tusk boar = :O

Knuckles + Stonetusk boar = great

Mmmm I think stonetusk boar may be gone from standard soon lol

Also don't sleep on angry chicken :O Ok that was wishful thinking but imagine!

You don't enjoy playing against freeze mage now?

Brode is going to be like YOU ALL WANTED CONTROL META, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!
Freeze Mage is combo, not control.

Freeze Mage honestly doesn't bother me. I have a lot of experience against the deck, and nearly all of my decks have answers. I still lose, but when I do it's within 1 turn of victory.

5 mana are ok, because you can create a 10 cost beast with two of them, is from 6 onwards.

Bittertide Hydra + Stone tusk boar = :O
9/9 charge for 6 mana. lol Okay, technically 8, so you're semi-crafting King Crush.

f0lken

Freeze Mage is combo, not control.

Freeze Mage honestly doesn't bother me. I have a lot of experience against the deck, and nearly all of my decks have answers. I still lose, but when I do it's within 1 turn of victory.

9/9 charge for 6 mana. lol Okay, technically 8, so you're semi-crafting King Crush.

Well yeah with a big downside of 3 damage to your own face, but the power of discover is that you choose what you need,still I am not even saying that is a great card, is an ok one IMO

Also I dodn't notice, but the hero cards just give you armor leaving your current health intact? Or did it have a 15 health base

Here's some gameplay of the new cards.

Deathstalker Rexxar's effects and voice are pretty awesome.

https://youtu.be/wPPHIzRZLCo

Edit: Also, can't confirm this first hand but, I read someone saying Mike Donais said that with the Rexxar hero power your first choice will be a minion with unique text and the second choice will be a vanilla minion or minion with a keyword. That video doesn't debunk it at least.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any deck that consistently does well against mage?

My current deck is 10-7, but 6 of those 7 losses have been against mage and paladin, about 50% each.

I am now playing my 3rd mage player in a row, and the last 2 have both used double doomsayer early. :(

scarlet

Is there any deck that consistently does well against mage?

My current deck is 10-7, but 6 of those 7 losses have been against mage and paladin, about 50% each.

I am now playing my 3rd mage player in a row, and the last 2 have both used double doomsayer early. :(

Priest, control pally, quest warrior, jade druid.

FeD.nL

Eh, I don't know, so far I'm not that excited. They actually haven't revealed any new mechanics, they just took two existing ones and gave them a Keyword and a new card type thats basically a spell.

Me neither. But perhaps that's also because of the way they decided to do this reveal. Was there a shareholder meeting this week or something that they had to get an announcement out of the door for?

It's also a bit disappointing that alt heroes don't get a Death Knight version, but expected I guess.

Blizzard

Banned
Prediction aggro wins Lul
If you're talking to me, I play mostly aggro and unfortunately it doesn't due to the amount of removal, freeze, and taunt available. Mage/priest/paladin are my big weakness and they're almost all I face at rank 14 recently.

Ladekabel

Just watched the reveal from last night. Finally a Priest AoE that is cheap and deals one damage.

shaq.gif

Me neither. But perhaps that's also because of the way they decided to do this reveal. Was there a shareholder meeting this week or something that they had to get an announcement out of the door for?

It's also a bit disappointing that alt heroes don't get a Death Knight version, but expected I guess.
That's what gets me. The team can't be that small this cane be done and HS certainly doesn't lack the income to commission half a dozen more portraits and voice lines.

Miletius

That's what gets me. The team can't be that small this cane be done and HS certainly doesn't lack the income to commission half a dozen more portraits and voice lines.

I dunno. After watching the reveal and Brode basically begging people to apply to to the team at the end I'm wondering if they might be seriously short staffed. I mean, at least, half wondering.

fertygo

Amazing recovery from that massive first game blunder by Mage

Mage is an amazing player tho, everyone that knew him know he just caught off guard

I still not regretting my pick tho, win or lose

btw RDU actually good pick, he on highroll streak winning a lot in recent tourneys

pixelish

as someone who doesn't follow the competitive scene, my random pick is paying off.

thanks rdu. who else swimming in packs now?

FeD.nL

Yeah it's strange and disappointing. Though I do wonder how much of this is because of poor planning of expansion content. Like if they have a good roadmap laid out what each expansion is gonna bring to the table I would assume there would be enough time to dedicate resources to something like Death Knight versions of alt heroes. Especially if that's the major hook of the expansion.

gutshot

How would Death Knight cards of the alt heroes even work? Would they be separate collectible cards? Or would the cards change into the alt hero once in your deck and you are playing with that hero?

I dunno. I can see why they didn't want to do it since it could be confusing.

Tunoku

I read that Midrange Hunter is supposed to he really good against Priests, but somehow it feels like I'm losing to it all the time. Any advice? What kind of cards am I looking for in my opener. Any tech if I really hate playing against the deck?

Tacitus_

I read that Midrange Hunter is supposed to he really good against Priests, but somehow it feels like I'm losing to it all the time. Any advice? What kind of cards am I looking for in my opener. Any tech if I really hate playing against the deck?

Just keep up the pressure as much as you can. Curving out well is important. Try to put out board states that they can't answer with just one card.

Tunoku

Just keep up the pressure as much as you can. Curving out well is important. Try to put out board states that they can't answer with just one card.

I've found Pack Rat to be really slow in the matchup. So I should probably look for all my 1s and 2s and Animal Companion? Do I want a Bow to deal with their 1/3 Cleric?

scarlet

How would Death Knight cards of the alt heroes even work? Would they be separate collectible cards? Or would the cards change into the alt hero once in your deck and you are playing with that hero?

Alleria will turn into DS Rexar

FeD.nL

The second.

Alleria would turn into Deathstalker Alleria instead of Deathstalker Rexxar as it is now. With how you're already choosing which hero you play your deck with I don't see how it could be confusing.

But ah well, it's not gonna happen and I find that a bit disappointing, Especially since this is the major new addition.

Magnus

I dig the idea behind Lifesteal. Elegant way to bring that in from WoW. I guess some old cards will gain that keyword in their text? (Hallazeal, etc)

Top Bottom