• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Fewr

Peléo;243226426 said:
Ugh, hated they decided to do a 2 week break between the announcement and the card spoilers. I much prefer daily single/double reveals stretched for a period of time instead of having most of cards by stream reveal / facebook update.
I've been thinking about this. I think it's because they don't want people to start theory crafting intensely so that when expansion hits you already have top decks figured out from day -1. If you release at once and closer to the actual date then the settling period may last a bit longer. That's my theory.

sibarraz

Banned
I wonder if Blizzard will try to make quests better on the next expansion?

From a business point of view, they could earn more money by forcing you to craft more legendaries to stay competitive, but at this point I don't know if the quests design is flawed or if most of them only need 1 or 2 cards to be a must have

by the way, I returned to play "seriously" after one and a half month, and I'm impressed by how good the deck code system works, at first I though that copy pasting a long code will be a drag, specially on mobile, but it work flawlessly, and I think that is kinda better than the one used in Shadowverse

Tunoku

Priest always manages to end my winstreak with Hunter. But at least I made rank 13 today. I should have played around the Potion a bit better though. That lead to a huge blowout since they had a Hyena as well in addition to the rat tokens. RIP

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I wonder if Blizzard will try to make quests better on the next expansion?

From a business point of view, they could earn more money by forcing you to craft more legendaries to stay competitive, but at this point I don't know if the quests design is flawed or if most of them only need 1 or 2 cards to be a must have

The Hunter, Warlock, and Paladin quests are probably fundamentally flawed and can't be redeemed.

I think the Mage and Priest quests can be redeemed with new cards. Druid a little less so but maybe?

The Shaman quest isn't really that bad but I think they would have to print Shaman-specific murlocs to try and get that quest to see play. Printing more good neutral murlocs could put Midrange Paladin over the edge.

The Hunter, Warlock, and Paladin quests are probably fundamentally flawed and can't be redeemed.

I think the Mage and Priest quests can be redeemed with new cards. Druid a little less so but maybe?

The Shaman quest isn't really that bad but I think they would have to print Shaman-specific murlocs to try and get that quest to see play. Printing more good neutral murlocs could put Midrange Paladin over the edge.

Some of the quest work better in wild .

Priest quest is pretty good.

I have seen a lot of quest shaman.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

I agree about the Paladin quest, the other 2 are ok i think, probabbly they werent designed to be meta defining.
Maybe if the Paladin quest was play 4 buffs instead of 6 it could work ... but given that it's just a single minion it will never be a winning condition. (Like Warrior, Mage(?) or Rogue)

wiibomb

well mage quest is seeing play right now and priest quest is having a good time on wild side.

I think the druid quest can be redeemed quite easily, just make barnabus discount the minions in hand too. May be that can be a little OP, but I found that most of the times that quest fails because there aren't enough minions on hand.

rahji

played 3 arena runs today: mage 1 win, hunter 5 wins, mage 11 wins. arena can be a complete different experience depending on the players you play.

Hybris

played 3 arena runs today: mage 1 win, hunter 5 wins, mage 11 wins. arena can be a complete different experience depending on the players you play.

That can be said about constructed as well. I used to play almost exclusively arena when the game came out, but at some point I tried constructed and never went back. I just don't find the way games play out fun anymore. I'll try it out again when we get the free runs soon.

TankUP

I'm annoyed by the free runs, because I actually have to play three games to get my KFT pack. I don't want to play arena. I'm not complaining -- it's an awesome gesture and sorely overdo, but I just don't like arena.

Considering just conceding the three games in a row on all three regions, but then I think about all the potential gold reward I'd be giving up right before an expansion and I reconsider.

Oh well, at least arena should be easier with all the new blood.

sibarraz

Banned
The best thing about the free arena entry is that I could finally round up the 2525 gold that I have

Sounds very dumb, but that my gold ends with 5 instead of 0 really triggers me

wiibomb

when in doubt, run pirate warrior on tavern brawl.

The best thing about the free arena entry is that I could finally round up the 2525 gold that I have

Sounds very dumb, but that my gold ends with 5 instead of 0 really triggers me

ohhh YES, I forgot I could get to deal with the stupid 5 gold I got from long time ago when I did arena runs

Mages.... holy fucking shit they are at least as bad as mid shaman was last year.

This so much. I got the play 50 Mage cards quest this morning so I brought out an old Burn Mage deck. I got the quest done in 3 games, won all 3. In fact by the end of each one I held off finishing the other player off by 2-3 rounds just to play more cards. It wasn't even fair.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
well mage quest is seeing play right now and priest quest is having a good time on wild side.

I think the druid quest can be redeemed quite easily, just make barnabus discount the minions in hand too. May be that can be a little OP, but I found that most of the times that quest fails because there aren't enough minions on hand.

Well, I'm talking about them printing new cards to support the quests. They aren't going to directly buff the quests.

Blizzard

Banned
It was pretty fun making a Hunter deck for the brawl. You can use wild cards and there are so many options in general. I finally had an excuse to play magma rager and ice rager. :D

Blizzard

Banned
I thought I was going to play a lot of this brawl but then on my second game I was reminded Vicious Fledgling is a card
I went for that immediately and then discovered it's quite hard to play it early. Unless you're going first or your opponent didn't have 1-2 drops, you're going to be attacking into a taunt most of the time.

On turn 5+ certainly.

I keep running into Jade Rogues, has anyone thrown up a deck on HearthPwn recently or something? Or are they just quest-less and too dust poor to create a Miracle deck? Jade was a bit shit before and it's even worse now since that Raptor card has rotated out.

I also managed to complete my 50 Priest cards quest in one turn using the ol' DDOS Priest deck trick.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I went for that immediately and then discovered it's quite hard to play it early. Unless you're going first or your opponent didn't have 1-2 drops, you're going to be attacking into a taunt most of the time.

On turn 5+ certainly.

You're not thinking about it the right dumb way

hP93e1K.jpg

my hunter quest deck is working really well in this brawl lmao, it has the win condition of the tundra rhino from my regular version of it, except you don't have to clog your deck with rhinos XD

also remember to put the black knight in every deck

wiibomb

Does the Brawl seem farmable? It is still not up in Europe, so not sure what to expect yet

I would say no, there are too many variables when you have a 30 card deck and most farmable brawls need to be finished quickly, this one because of the taunts last longer

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
dammit, I have the warriors wins today too.

Well this brawl is probably interesting enough as it goes, but I don't think it's going to be good for questing.

Majukun

is the "better packs" update retroactive?
i mean,if i buy packs now but open them after the update,will they be the "better" version?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If they print a good mid mana taunt deathrattle this expansion that could be an extremely impactful card. There hasn't been one since the first rotation.

All the class deathrattles they gave to classes predisposed to NZoth felt like they were intended to be crappy with it.

Meanwhile in Yogg Saron land classes got cheap spell generating cheap spells.

fertygo

Sometime without N'zoth control pally can be so aimless in long game.. and the deck has not enough good draw engine for elise.

Top Bottom