• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

cackhyena

Unless most folks are missing something then QR is going to be in the same place as Mill Rogue was before. A deck that punishes super slow decks and loses 9/10 games on ladder.

The funny thing is I've only seen one quest rogue prior to the nerf in over 80 games played since the start of the season.

I see them all the time and I do play slower decks. Why do I continue to play this.

Hybris

Yeah I used to have more bubble minions but the quest gets done quickly enough with two. I dont have sunkeeper tarim but i'm strongly considering 1 to 1 getting him for rogue quest.

It would be a good choice. Tarim will be in every single paladin deck until he gets nerfed or rotated out. The card is absolutely broken in it's power and versatility.

Antonidas will always be relevant since he is in the classic set
Yeah I'm trending towards him for that reason and he's relevant right now because of Freeze mage but if the meta moves to full on control and jade druid he's ill positioned.
Didn't you watch the tournament? The answer is always Yogg. *bow*
Not today's but I really enjoy Jade druid that's why I'm torn as Antonidas is objectively smarter to craft.

manhack

I see them all the time and I do play slower decks. Why do I continue to play this.

Well, I think the point is we shouldn't be seeing them very often after this nerf. Anybody clinging to the quest should get discouraged soon.

According to this http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/data-reaper-live-beta/

Crystal rogue now makes up only 1% of the games being played on ladder.

If you are seeing more it is really just unlucky and should get better.

wiibomb

http://www.hearthhead.com/news/dave-kosak-talks-frozen-thrones-keganbe-clarifies-card-interactions

A few new tidbits here. New missions are harder than the old normal difficulty for adventures, but not as hard as Heroic for most of the missions.

Missions roll out over three weeks. Mission team scaling up, future PVE content sounds like it's going to be more substantial than this first one.

A few clarifications on interactions.

nice tidbits, and there were actual good questions this time. the eloise thing was such a waste of time.

what I understood from future expansion adventure mode: They plan of making different spins on battles with future expansions, not necessarily more of them.

TankUP

I mean it was nerfed into the ground.

So was Yogg, but I'm still going to be upset whenever I lose to a lucky Yogg or a high-rolling quest rogue. There's "nerfed to the ground" (yogg and Caverns Below) and "made completely unplayable in every situation" (Warsong Commander). I'd prefer Yogg and Caverns be in the second category.

DrkSage

Quest Rogue is still broken horse shit.

No it's not, it's dead. Pulling 4 of the same was already a task, now trying to pull an extra one completely killed it.

Speaking of which... should I dust my quest for
Fendral ---> jade druid deck
Leeroy ---> pirate warrior
Antonidas---> for any burn mage

Edit:

Looks like warriors quest is the only card I'm missing to make quest warrior
Alextrasa is the only card I need for freeze mage

Hybris

So was Yogg, but I'm still going to be upset whenever I lose to a lucky Yogg or a high-rolling quest rogue. There's "nerfed to the ground" (yogg and Caverns Below) and "made completely unplayable in every situation" (Warsong Commander). I'd prefer Yogg and Caverns be in the second category.

Yeah true, I guess it depends on your definition of unplayable and in what context. I consider warlock to be unplayable and I'd argue quest rogue after the nerf is worse off than warlock.

Come at me jade druid. Didn't even draw a single equality.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_07-11-17_16.27.36.png

https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload...rce=hdt&utm_medium=client&utm_campaign=replay

I mean it was nerfed into the ground.

I think nerfed into the ground is warsong commander nerf or starving buzzard nerf.

wiibomb

Yeah, elemental shaman just got a lot better. I think. I have to test it.

I faced a elemental shaman with 10/10 jades at the end of the game, granted my deck was slow, but they can now produce a lot of jades. and he never missed an activator

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hmm

trying to decide if mana geode is actually a buff or nerf for elemental priest

buff because it's a good elemental 2 drop

nerf because discovering extra copies of lyra is less likely

Apparently Hallazeal triggers off of Kalimos' invocations. Not sure how long that's going to last lol.

Then again I guess it's been known for a while (I just found out) so maybe Blizzard will just leave it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Apparently Hallazeal triggers off of Kalimos' invocations. Not sure how long that's going to last lol.

Then again I guess it's been known for a while (I just found out) so maybe Blizzard will just leave it.

This just doesn't feel that relevant. If hallazeal survived a turn you're probably already in a commanding position.

It doesn't make any sense to work like that though.

### Control Paladin - Standard Meta Snapshot - June 5, 2017
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (0) Forbidden Healing
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 1x (3) Rallying Blade
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (4) Infested Tauren
# 1x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (5) Harrison Jones
# 1x (5) Stampeding Kodo
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAECAZ8FDoquAt/EAvsM2a4CgK8CzwaQB9sKucECubICyccC5q4C+gbgrAIIigH0BbPBAvYHjwmbwgLcA4jHAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

-1 doomsayer
+1 cairne

This is from tempostorm's meta snapshot.

Miletius

I did some QR yesterday to end the deck in style. It's pretty much unplayable at this point, which makes every single quest in the expansion basically a dud. Think about it -- there is no quest worth running in standard. I guess you can kind of make the case for Quest Warrior, but.. yeah, I'll never understand people who find quest warrior fun in the slightest. And honestly, it's not even that good of a deck in the end.

Edit: Back to Miracoli for now, I suppose.

Fewr

My rental quest rogue was too slow I think. I don't have any preparation cards, so I found it hard to complete quest and activate card before turn 6.

Guys, for this expansion we should do worst common/rare/epic legendary, and a will probably get nerfed category. Although to be honest, the range of worst cards might be too big.

wiibomb

Well it says that kalimos cast a spell, and the effect of hallazeal is to give all spells lifesteal, so it is working right.

I don't see why they should change that.

Ever since getting one single 160 coin quest, all of my quests and rerolls have been 80 during the event. It's like the rate of the smaller quests has been increased.

Blizzard are going to get me believing in conspiracies!

Hybris

Been playing around with elemental jade shaman after the jade spirit change.

Here's the list I've kind of settled on after a couple hours of play. Spots I'm not sure of are the one-ofs. Devolve may not be worth running here, Tar creeper may be a bit redundant but it's been performing well for me. I'd really like to fit in 2x thing from below since I'm hero powering a decent amount in the early game and they are incredibly powerful on volcano turns to swing the game. The curve can feel a little bit top heavy at times, hence running 2 volcanoes as a catch up. Stalling early game and using volcano to reset then curve out with the big drops. Anyone else trying out similar builds?

Z8jhmhC.png

AAECAaoIBu0F3boClL0C9r0C88ICysMCDL0BgQT+BaC2Aoe8As+8AtG8AsfBAuvCAsLDAofEAsjHAgA=

Hycran

Banned
The N'zoth paladin list seems so strange with so few death rattles. I'm flipping between my bubble meme paladin and this n'zoth one with both having pros and cons. I really think it needs slight modification but its a strong deck.

Peléo

Ugh, hated they decided to do a 2 week break between the announcement and the card spoilers. I much prefer daily single/double reveals stretched for a period of time instead of having most of cards by stream reveal / facebook update.

Top Bottom