• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Sometime without N'zoth control pally can be so aimless in long game.. and the deck has not enough good draw engine for elise.
true but that's what you're running all these board resets for.
Against aggressive decks you don't need much beyond a clear for them to scoop it up and against control you bide your time. They know what you're running and are reluctant to move too much onto the board themselves as a result.

Just had a funny game where me and the CThun warrior did literal nothing for multiple turns because we both knew I had a Getaway Kodo active and wouldnt trade away my Tarim on my turn and he wouldn't pop the Kodo.

Pooya

I'm enjoying my control shaman so much, I don't care how good it is, it's good enough and it's so fun. Brought big druid to fatigue!111 killed his entire deck, yesssss. That was a hard game but seeing your choices paying off feels great.

clearing the board again and again and then again and watching your opponent is clearly annoyed it's a lot of fun. It's like old control warrior but you actually play stuff too. Beat a freeze mage at almost full hp too, that felt so good. Don't need to run eater anymore.

I discover a golden Kalimos or Al'Akir almost every game too, that's a plus.

wiibomb

All the class deathrattles they gave to classes predisposed to NZoth felt like they were intended to be crappy with it.

Meanwhile in Yogg Saron land classes got cheap spell generating cheap spells.

yogg can be dead with the spells and actually do nothing, N'zoth is a guaranteed value card, too many good dethrattles and that card becomes insanely powerful.

N'zoth is a curious case, I'm glad it exists, but it seems like it is limiting the design of the game.

I wonder if this time they are going to implement some different dethrattles because of N'zoth, like a conditional dethrattle

yogg can be dead with the spells and actually do nothing, N'zoth is a guaranteed value card, too many good dethrattles and that card becomes insanely powerful.

N'zoth is a curious case, I'm glad it exists, but it seems like it is limiting the design of the game.

I wonder if this time they are going to implement some different dethrattles because of N'zoth, like a conditional dethrattle
they already did this with the deathrattle that draws a card only if its power is more than 2 from gadgetzan

Yogg is much more powerful than NZoth since you can play around the latter. There's also a cap to Nzoth with just 6 spots filled which additionally means you don't want to overload on mediocre deathrattles. Nzoth wasn't even tier 1 for long with Sylvanas in the format and it's doubtful already for them to make anything on that level or even sludge belcher for thaat matter.

they already did this with the deathrattle that draws a card only if its power is more than 2 from gadgetzan

Yogg is much more powerful than NZoth since you can play around the latter. There's also a cap to Nzoth with just 6 spots filled which additionally means you don't want to overload on mediocre deathrattles. Nzoth wasn't even tier 1 for long with Sylvanas in the format and it's doubtful already for them to make anything on that level or even sludge belcher for thaat matter.

You can play around N'Zoth AND counter it. I always fish for a mass polymorph Kazakus potion against N'Zoth decks. OOOOPS, wiped your win condition!

Q8D3vil

They should give powerful DR cards to priest. since its one of the few classes that actually lacks a consistent finisher (Only Combo priest is decent in finishing the games).

Blizzard

Banned
Priest and mage need little if any help for next expansion, I suspect. I think they are already better than any other class at having answers for any situation. Shaman can have some similar counters, but they don't have the card discovery and crazy spell options of priests.

Buffing them could be pretty awful for player experience (10-15 minute games slowing any ranked attempts to a crawl) unless some cards were nerfed or moved to hall of fame, and I doubt that's happening besides maybe 1-3 cards overall.

Q8D3vil

Priest and mage need little if any help for next expansion, I suspect. I think they are already better than any other class at having answers for any situation. Shaman can have some similar counters, but they don't have the card discovery and crazy spell options of priests.

Buffing them could be pretty awful for player experience (10-15 minute games slowing any ranked attempts to a crawl) unless some cards were nerfed or moved to hall of fame, and I doubt that's happening besides maybe 1-3 cards overall.
You realize that priest is the second worst class next to warlock right ?

Wow, great game Blizzard. Shows me as having one card left in my deck then I start drawing fatigue. Close the game and reconnect and the card I thought I had left is just sitting in my hand.

You would think with the millions upon milions of dollars they make off this game it still wouldn't be a buggy mess.

Bullshit cost me the game too.

Blizzard

Banned
You realize that priest is the second worst class next to warlock right ?
My response to this is twofold.

Point one, whether it's good or not doesn't matter as much to me in the same sense that Quest Rogue's balance didn't matter to many people, and apparently to Blizzard. Even though I had a massive win rate against Quest Rogue, so many people complained that it got nerfed into complete irrelevance. Why? Because it led to a very unpleasant playing experience (uninteractive, like freeze mage / exodia mage, though freeze mage has the additional slap in the face of being possibly the best deck in the game right now). To me, priests and mages discovering duplicates spells and having answers for so many situations while being able to drag a game out is a very unpleasant game experience, made even worse by how many priest players wait until the rope to end their turn.

Point two, I don't think you're correct. Tempostorm's latest tier list (https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2017-07-05) shows Control Priest and Purify Priest as tier 2 decks out of 4 tiers. The latest vS data reaper report shows Dragon Priest as tier 2 out of 4 at all ranks, R5-R1, and legend.

Does the $49.99 pre-order of Knights of the Frozen Throne get you 50 packs AND the single player content of the expansion or just the card packs?

Tacitus_

I just saw someone play ◥█̆◤ TOTEMIC MIGHT ◥█̆◤
He also had the witchdoctor (summon totems when you cast a spell) and the +1/+1 for every totem

legit rank 10 decks

Blizzard

Banned
What would be good to include in a shaman deck for this brawl? What's the general approach for deck building in this one?
My strategy was to pick things that are normally weak because they lack charge or taunt. Stuff like cheap 5/1 or 5/2 minions are nice. The cheap neutral minions that can't attack are nice because they turn into high-HP taunts.

Hunter decks depend on tundra rhino for some of their shenanigans, so you can just use a normal hunter deck and make some changes like deleting the rhinos. It's also nice that scavenging hyena can be played, boosted, and then attack.

My strategy was to pick things that are normally weak because they lack charge or taunt. Stuff like cheap 5/1 or 5/2 minions are nice. The cheap neutral minions that can't attack are nice because they turn into high-HP taunts.

Hunter decks depend on tundra rhino for some of their shenanigans, so you can just use a normal hunter deck and make some changes like deleting the rhinos. It's also nice that scavenging hyena can be played, boosted, and then attack.

OK cool, thanks. I want to go with shaman to clear a quest. The above was my thinking too and I included the non attack minions like you do. I'm yet to try it out so will go with what I've made.

HomesIice

Just started playing HS and I'm feeling quite overwhelmed!

Does everyone have a "main" hero or is that pretty much dictated by the cards your pull?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just started playing HS and I'm feeling quite overwhelmed!
Welcome! If you're confused by anything just ask. :)

Does everyone have a "main" hero or is that pretty much dictated by the cards your pull?

the cards you pull and the style of play you like

basically on ladder I just play whatever I find to be a good combination of "fun" and "strong"

when I experiment with decks I tend to gravitate towards Priest and to some extent Hunter

it's going to be very different from player to player, though

scarlet

WTF I opened 45 Old Gods pack and there's 0 Legendary!!??

Edit: 47th pack and it's a duplicate.

GG I love Hearthstone. I have 500 gold now <3

luoapp

WTF I opened 45 Old Gods pack and there's 0 Legendary!!??

Edit: 47th pack and it's a duplicate.

GG I love Hearthstone. I have 500 gold now <3

Why would you do that when we know the better drawing probability is coming ? Also, isn't the pity time set at 40?

scarlet

Why would you do that when we know the better drawing probability is coming ? Also, isn't the pity time set at 40?

That's my question. I was feeling horrible when it's 30++ and I didn't get legendary, and at 40th, I was like WTF? then proceed to buy another 7 cuz I was curious -_-

I have bad luck with OG. But now I have 5200 dust

Blizzard

Banned
That's my question. I was feeling horrible when it's 30++ and I didn't get legendary, and at 40th, I was like WTF? then proceed to buy another 7 cuz I was curious -_-

I have bad luck with OG. But now I have 5200 dust
We previously believed that was 100% impossible, and reported statistics by players backed it up.

Maybe Blizzard is being so generous now with gold and non-dupe legendaries because they're increasing the time required to get one. :( You discovered the catch.

Fewr

In 50 un'goro packs opened so far I've only got the quest druid legendary.

I'm waiting for the new pack opening rules to go live so I make sure I don't get a copy of that. Slim chance, but I'd rather make sure.

I've had better luck in other packs because I've got jaraxxus, Aya, patches and others that are not too bad. Un'goro hates me.

scarlet

ungoro was the worst for me since beta with legendaries. i'm on 3 legends in 80 to 90 packs of those 1 was constructed playable and that was a dupe tarim

Un'goro is my best, got 7 from around 80-90 packs, and only 1 duplicate.

I had 2 with OG and 1 of it's a duplicate

We previously believed that was 100% impossible, and reported statistics by players backed it up.

Maybe Blizzard is being so generous now with gold and non-dupe legendaries because they're increasing the time required to get one. :( You discovered the catch.

That's what I'm wondering, the magic number is 40, but mine is 47. I spent my gold cuz I'm curious, I don't regret it, cuz I have a lot of dust now and will PO Frozen Throne.

HomesIice

Welcome! If you're confused by anything just ask. :)

the cards you pull and the style of play you like

basically on ladder I just play whatever I find to be a good combination of "fun" and "strong"

when I experiment with decks I tend to gravitate towards Priest and to some extent Hunter

it's going to be very different from player to player, though

Cheers :D

I see. So far I'm just playing Casual to unlock all of the heroes' cards. After that???

And just reading the above comments, I'm planning to spend some money for at least the welcome bundle, should I be waiting until this "probability change"?

fertygo

Looking to these HS tourney, why HS had plenty clean good looking peeps to play compared to other esport

guy like Orange and Xzirez can pass as model KappaPride

Because you're either dead before it drops or they have a Kazakus polymorph potion ready.
I think he just means that N'Zoth is a fair card. Most classes have answers if the game is at 10 mana, or they should have won already if they were going to win at all.

wiibomb

Cheers :D

I see. So far I'm just playing Casual to unlock all of the heroes' cards. After that???

And just reading the above comments, I'm planning to spend some money for at least the welcome bundle, should I be waiting until this "probability change"?

after that you could get every hero to level 10, that way you can earn all the basic cards on the game to give you enough tools to at least start.

I totally recommend you the welcome bundle, BUT, if you have opened less than 10 classic packs, you might want to wait until next expansion hits (mid august), because they are adding a feature where they warrant you a legendary in the first 10 packs you open from any set. If you have opened 10 already, then nevermind.

after you get all basic cards, it is up to you what you want to do, either pay for the available adventures, build a deck, learn from different classes, make a bigger collection, etc. This game heavily emphasizes on your idea of what is fun for you, not as much on the reward side.

also, get any class to level 10 to enter the tavern brawl, a different mode that changes every wednesday where you can get a free classic pack each week.

also... if you get to rank 20 on ranked mode, you get the cardback of the month as well as a golden common card from standard

I think he just means that N'Zoth is a fair card. Most classes have answers if the game is at 10 mana, or they should have won already if they were going to win at all.

yeah. There was a time where wild was all about playing Nzoth or racing him and that got subplanted by everyone playing patches for a time to now murlocs and a slew of unfair stuff.

Grief.exe

I had a play 50 Paladin card quest so I created a Primal Fin Champion deck. I ended up playing ~40 Paladin cards in one game, Discovering Getaway Kodo + Blessing of Wisdom is insanity.

one game against a value shaman deck is enough for me to want to auto concede in the future. The game did come down to the wire in the end but I can't be spending 30 minutes on a single game I might lose on a regular basis.

Blizzard

Banned
one game against a value shaman deck is enough for me to want to auto concede in the future. The game did come down to the wire in the end but I can't be spending 30 minutes on a single game I might lose on a regular basis.
You've discovered my time problem with priest/mage/warrior control decks, and why I'm concerned the new expansion will be even worse with quest rogue nerfed and more lifesteal/armor introduced. :p

Q8D3vil

I agree that there are Certain priest deck builds that can counter certain any deck. But priest in general dont have an all around deck that does well vs all the decks. Palladin, shaman, druid and mage are extremely strong right bow because of their power level vs any other deck.
If you play non combo priest and get jade druid 90% of the time its an auto loss and the same with quest rogue pre patch.
If you hate priest this much why dont you play it then and see how hard it is to survive vs tier 1 decks.

Blizzard

Banned
Certain priest deck builds counter certain decks. But priest dont have an all around deck that does well vs all the decks. Palladin, shaman, druid and mage are extremely strong right bow because of their power level vs any other deck.
If you play non combo priest and get jade druid 90% of the time its an auto loss and the same with quest rogue pre patch.
If you hate this much why dont you play it then and see how hard it is to survive vs tier 1 decks.
Are you disagreeing with both sites that dragon and/or silence priest are tier 2 decks rather than tier 3-4?

Top Bottom