• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

9nzuJQH.jpg

Sheroking

People in chat calling dust on DK Jaina? I don't know.

9 mana is kind of hard but the lifesteal thing helps that. Iceblock is a still a card.

Sheroking

It's no slower than Jaraxxus in a class with Iceblock and it has a life recovery mechanic.

If it were in another class, I might agree that it's too slow, but not Mage.

Tacitus_

It's no slower than Jaraxxus in a class with Iceblock and it has a life recovery mechanic.

If it were in another class, I might agree that it's too slow, but not Mage.

Dropping 6/6s unconditionally is a bit different than dropping 3/6s if your ping kills something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hmm, not sure if the new Hero Power is good enough. Its at least a direct upgrade over the normal hero power though.

You are right.

(New freeze) Mage will be slow
freeze mage is a stall deck, this card doesn't overcome a unfavourable boardstate in the slightest.
If it sees play it will be in a slow deck with win conditions that aren't throw burn in the opponent's face.

As in it won't be freeze mage but control mage or elemental mage depending on what's superior.

I just don't know how much stuff you're going to be killing with a 1 damage ping that late in the game.

It basically locks out the Paladin and Shaman hero powers but outside of that it's pretty meh.

You also have take into account, what other elementals in Mage going to run? If you're playing a grinder Mage then maybe you can fit in a Water Elemental or two and Pyros but that's going to be about it.

wiibomb

I have faith in Jaina DK, mage is pretty slow already, but with lifegain + some perks it might help in a more controlish game

although, this might not work on freeze mage or quest mage

TankUP

Oh shit, Warrior has a way to duplicate Un'goro packs now! If they give Warrior a good Death Knight this will be my favorite set ever. And let's get some class-specific discover in Warrior. Right know all they have access to is I know a guy and Grimestreet Informant, and both of those are really bad.

Value Warrior being a thing... oh man.

Can't wait for New Freeze Mage vs New Control Warrior. 40 minute match hype!

Stop, my poor heart can't take all this happiness.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Oh shit, Warrior has a way to duplicate Un'goro packs now! If they give Warrior a good Death Knight this will be my favorite set ever. And let's get some class-specific discover in Warrior. Right know all they have access to is I know a guy and Grimestreet Informant, and both of those are really bad.

What current matchups do you think this helps?

sibarraz

Banned
This card has really good for a potential elemental mage deck. Like Day9 said, this cards will be better judged by the new meta, instead of using the actual one as reference

By the way, will the secrets be removed when playing a hero card like Jaraxxus does?

Q8D3vil

Remember jade druid.
Hf with ur value warrior.

Hybris

image.php

V-Faction

So what classification do Hero Cards fall under do you think? Cause Quests were technically legendary Spells (which could pop up in related discover effects). They must be their own category altogether.

Top Bottom