• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Opened 56 packs and got DK Gul'dan and Rotface. Not too shabby. I still have to buy another 20 packs with gold and play the prologue this morning. Haven't been this excited for a HS expansion in a long time!

Pooya

I beat the first boss with jade druid, basically put 30 attack on board.

Second one with pirate warrior deck that had more weapons and taunts instead of charge and stuff.

Last one priest with hozen healer and all the 1 cost spells heals. (the dragon has 5 hp, don't bother with divine spirit, you need dragon fires)

Tagyhag

I beat the first boss with jade druid, basically put 30 attack on board.

Second one with pirate warrior deck that had more weapons and taunts instead of charge and stuff.

Last one priest with hozen healer and all the 1 cost spells heals. (the dragon has 5 hp, don't bother with divine spirit, you need dragon fires)

What do you get as a reward?

LuECz8r.png

what could go wrong

Clipse

56 packs:

Bolvar
DK Anduin
DK Malfurion
Hadronox
Valeera from Prologue.

Sitting on 3.6k dust. Debating whether or not to craft The Lich King.

Blizzard

Banned
First legendary I get from packs is a Prince. At least it is the most playable one, Keleseth.
That's 3 of us who got princes as our first legendary.

I opened 67 packs.

This was my first legendary pack with both one of my most wanted and least wanted legendaries:

Overall I had:

4 legendaries (Archbishop Benedictus, Prince Keleseth, Scourgelord Garrosh, Hadronox) from packs

1 death knight from prologue (Valeera the Hollow)

7 chillblade champion
7 dark conviction
7 plague scientist
7 necrotic geist
8 sanguine reveler
8 tainted zealot
8 venomancer
9 tuskarr fisherman
9 shadow ascendant
10 spirit lash

I've crafted the following thus far since I didn't get any:
1 mindbreaker (which doesn't work on the frozen throne adventure, oops)
1 skulking geist
1 embrace darkness

I'm mostly ok with 4 / 70 legendary odds.

Per my self-imposed ranked rules (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245804128&postcount=13994), I must now use Archbishop Benedictus and Prince Keleseth to get from rank 20 to rank 1. I'm going to craft the Priest Quest and attempt to combine it with those, though that's not part of the rules.

gutshot

So Stitched Tracker doesn't work with Prince Keleseth, in case anyone is wondering. I'm discovering copies that do not have the +1/+1 buff. Kind of lame.

Very first pack was a prince. After opening 86 packs I had:
All 3 princes
Garrosh
Malfurian

And then Thrall from the prologue.

Aside from the meme result of all 3 princes, it really wasn't a bad haul.

Blizzard

Banned
Very first pack was a prince. After opening 86 packs I had:
All 3 princes
Garrosh
Malfurian

And then Thrall from the prologue.

Aside from the meme result of all 3 princes, it really wasn't a bad haul.
That's 4 of us with first-legendary princes, but boy I'm glad I didn't get all 3.

Also, like 4 of my friends got Hadronox for some reason.

mjc

76 packs and prologue got me

Bolvar
DK Thrall
DK Valeera
DK Rexxar
DK Garrosh
Lich King
Prince Whogivesashit

I'm resisting the urge to craft or buy more packs, I would have liked just about any other DKs...but I can't complain.

ricelord

opened 90 packs and got the following

sindragosa(in my first pack)
DK guldan
DK valera
prince taldaram (feelsbadman)
prince valanar (still feelsbadman)

still got to do the prologue.

Ditaloi

Neo Member
Opened 4 packs and got:

Warlock DK
Warrior DK

Afterwards I did the prologue and got the rogue DK. Hopefully my luck will be the same tomorrow. (playing only on EU. So no more packs on this account for me)

JJH

Opened 40 packs got Druid DK, Hunter DK, Druid legendary, Priest DK and just got Pally Deathknight from the solo adventure.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Got Arfus, Blood Queen, Archbishop Benedictus, and Lich King. Jaina from the prologue. Could be worse.

fertygo

76 packs and prologue got me

Bolvar
DK Thrall
DK Valeera
DK Rexxar
DK Garrosh
Lich King
Prince Whogivesashit

I'm resisting the urge to craft or buy more packs, I would have liked just about any other DKs...but I can't complain.
That's pretty dang good

I think itd kinda confirmed they change the rarity percentage now. On average its seem peep get better packs

Magnus

Oh man, did this go live before 3pm ET?!

Okay. Gonna spell this out clearly since some people seem to be overthinking this.

If you want to maximize your chances of getting Death Knights:
Open packs first
Then prologue
Craft later

If you want to avoid Death Knights because you think they are worse than the other legendaries for some reason:
Prologue first
Then open packs
Craft later

If you don't care:
Packs or prologue first doesn't matter
But wait to craft until both are done

Always wait to craft. Anytime you craft a good legendary you dilute the pool of legendaries you could open in packs. It's always better to open a legendary you want than to craft it.

Personally I would recommend waiting at least 3-4 weeks before crafting legendaries, but if you absolutely know you want a card, you don't care if it is good, and you want to play it Day One, then crafting early is fine but only after you open your packs.

...unless you know you want it golden, right? Then it's worth crafting right away, si?

Dahbomb

Mill Rogue, Pirate Warrior, Mill Rogue for the bosses.

Quest Mage can be used for the first one and a regular healing Priest deck can work for the second one.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
...unless you know you want it golden, right? Then it's worth crafting right away, si?

I suppose. If you are Scrooge McDuck and you absolutely want to spend the money to craft an untested golden legendary, then you could craft it before so you don't open a non-golden version.

I had a bunch of packs saved up from before the pack-opening changes.

Just opened the first three - one Classic and two Un'Goro packs - two Golden Legendaries.

Goddamn.

Nachos

I actually want the 4-mana prince now.

Oh man, did this go live before 3pm ET?!

It was closer to 1:30 EST, and yeah, crafting a golden legendary immediately removes it from the card pool for packs, and from the possible hero card rewards if that's the one you crafted golden.

Finalow

one day Blizzard will decide to bless me with the packs RNG some of you have and I'll open 1 legendary every 10-15 packs instead of 35~

I've already seen Jade Druids running Ultimate Infestation, and a couple of quest Mages with new cards.

Top Bottom