• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Hybris

I actually want the 4-mana prince now.

It was closer to 1:30 EST, and yeah, crafting a golden legendary immediately removes it from the card pool for packs, and from the possible hero card rewards if that's the one you crafted golden.

Yep the 4 mana prince actually has potential. It won't be a gamechanger for the decks that would run it (miracle rogue) but anything helps. Decent lifegain could be extremely helpful for miracle rogue against aggro. I'm also going to be trying out blood worm in the list.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
soooo... is there some reason that the "disable hero powers" minion doesn't work on the bone guy in icecrown?

Well this went smoother than planned

Hearthstone_Screenshot_08-10-17_15.37.35.png

I got the new mage secret and he played that 0/8 into it. So I won the next turn lol

Blizzard

Banned
soooo... is there some reason that the "disable hero powers" minion doesn't work on the bone guy in icecrown?
To kill your hopes and dreams. I crafted it specifically for that game.

Also I guess the bone guy isn't a "hero" so it's like a "villain power" instead, but more like Blizzard just forgot or thought it would be too easy. I actually thought the battle was supposed to remind you the card exists.

DrkSage

So In adventure I went, easy win evolve deathseer shaman, easy win pirate warrior and now I'm stuck at the the last boss. What do you recommend gag?

Geez the weapon boss is giving me a hard time. The taunts and the healing minions are so annoying. My fault for not changing my PW deck I guess (can't really topdeck lethal when it's not a weapon).

Pooya

my first attempt controlock.

### Custom Warlock2
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Tainted Zealot
# 2x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 2x (4) Twilight Drake
# 1x (5) Blood-Queen Lana'thel
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 2x (5) Doomguard
# 1x (6) Felfire Potion
# 2x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Lord Jaraxxus
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GCO0FiQbbBsW8ApvCAsLOArjQApfTAgsw9wSNCMQIzAjTxQLnywKizQL3zQKW6AKX6AIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

So far, spell damage synergy is amazing, it's so strong. Coprsetaker is great. BloodQueen is basically patches, you don't want to draw her lol.

Doomguard is awkward, I'm not sure if it's worth it but when it works, you win. Maybe I just play one. I miss voidcaller.

Lich King is whatever, I don't think it's good in this. The thing is I don't know how much or what aoe or value I need, it's hard to make those calls right now.

Peléo

hdub77O.jpg

Trying to optimise this list, cutting Shaky Zipgunner next. Extremely fun deck. Might try it in Wild with Nerubian Egg + Hunter Creeper + Feign Death + Shredder + Mad Scientist.

The core of the deck is Corpse Widow + Egg + Play Dead + Terrorscale Stalker. Still trying to find the best way to complete it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Divine Shield Token seems strong. Kind of sad because the last thing this game needed was another token deck.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok I'm definitely having fun with Whirley Warrior.

Draw so many cards, make giant Frothing Berserkers, gain so much armor, get random crap off Rotface.

The death knight doesn't even seem that necessary.

scarlet

Got hemet from Elise, and it actually made my DKAnduinRazaVelen priest better.
So far I won all my control match, but lose to aggro.

And lich king has been terrible for me, keep getting those 5, 6 mana spells.

Random nitpick: Isn't the text of Forbidden Ancient wrong?

Battlecry: Spend all your Mana. Gain +1/+1 for each mana spent.

It's a default 1/1, yet if you spend 5 mana, it's a 5/5, not a 6/6.

Dahbomb

From packs:

Arfus
Warrior Death Knight
Druid Death Knight
4 man Prince.
Priest Legendary Archbishop

From adventure:

Rogue Death Knight

From Dust (crafted):

Paladin Death Knight
Warlock Death Knight
Mage Death Knight
Lich King
Sindragosa
Shadowreaper Anduin
Blood Queen (have to have all Warlock Legendaries it's a tradition)

Not bat at all. Got almost all the Death Knights which is what I wanted. I am only missing the Hunter one. I can probably buy a few more packs to get him too but I am going to sit on that one for now.

I've now got 4 DKs and 5 legendaries:

Frost Lich Jaina
Valeera the Hollow
Scourgelord Garrosh
Shadowreaper Anduin (from prologue)

Hadronox
Prince Keleseth
Lillian Voss
Bolvar Fireblood (golden)
Lich King (crafted)

Don't know what class I want to play yet, but should I swap out Bolvar for anything?

sh1fty

I made an elemental mage with Jaina, Pyros, Nzoth and Sindragosa. Probably not very good but it's fun.

Ran into a few DK Priest and the Raza + Hero Power combo seems OP as hell... One game I just sat there for minutes while he cycled Shadow Visions with Lyra and Radiant Elementals and hit my face for 2 over and over.

Ketch

I opened 59 packs and got
Anduin, Rexxar and arch mage benedictus

From prologue I got:
Thrall

I lost with my poorly made deathrattle hunter, but won with my poorly made evolve shaman and fatigue priest.

Measley

Man, Freeze Shaman is a huge let down. Moorabi is SOOOOO slow. :(

Every time I play DK Uther, my opponent leaves, even if they have 20+ health. LoL!

Beckx

Crafted Anduin and Malfurion.

Bought 7 more packs. Got Garrosh.

Now have all DK heroes except Jaina and Rexxar.

Now the long dust road for Hadronox, Arfus, and Bolvar.

Hycran

Banned
Legend tally:

Professor Putricide
Sindragosa
Prince Valanar (Golden elegiggle)

Anduin
Thrall
Valeera
Uther
And Jaina from the prologue.

7 legendaries from 150 packs is pretty bad, slightly below average at least. Pretty happy though as the only cards is really like are Lilian Voss and both warlock legends. But I'll be able to scrape the dust together to be good until next expac.

Blizzard

Banned
Version 1.1 of my deck is 2.0, but I just realized I may not suceed in my experiment for a different reason.

Those two games were 15 and 19 minutes respectively, even against rogue. That's like 4 games an hour if I'm LUCKY. ;_;

I don't know why people underrated Rotface

Warriors have cards specifically made to proc it

Version 1.1 of my deck is 2.0, but I just realized I may not suceed in my experiment for a different reason.

Those two games were 15 and 19 minutes respectively, even against rogue. That's like 4 games an hour if I'm LUCKY. ;_;

o_O tbf Rogues really prolong games now with their DKs.

Top Bottom