• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

TankUP

So no real benefits for the playerbase? Just a community event for the streamers?

Free cardbacks if you're a twitch prime member and a way to show your support for your chosen team or player in-game as well as a sense of ownership of their success because your wins get them more cards to use in deckbuilding.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
and a way to show your support for your chosen team or player in-game as well as a sense of ownership of their success because your wins get them more cards to use in deckbuilding.

I think I'd rather have a card pack...

Dahbomb

Kripp excels at on the fly deck building challenges. I think given the support edge this might not be as bad as I thought it was.

wiibomb

I've watched a lot of events without hand outs. Dunno why we have an expectation here.

I don't have expectations for handouts at tournaments, but this seems to be the twitch promo we were expecting, Overwatch got a free legendary skin as well as 5-10 loot boxes (some still not given), heroes of the storm got a free legendary lootbox as well as later giving even more loot boxes...

we get 2 card backs.

the event is nice, but I don't have any motivation to do anything more than claim the cardbacks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Weird event. Seems like a waste of the Twitch Prime promotion. Get two kinda meh cardbacks and nothing else. None of them are going to be cooler than maybe the Blizzcon ones or the other hard to get ones. So kinda whatever?

Seems weird to me. The event should be fun to watch, though I sort of wish they just did the thing without having the streamer's communities get involved.

gutshot

I don't have expectations for handouts at tournaments, but this seems to be the twitch promo we were expecting, Overwatch got a free legendary skin as well as 5-10 loot boxes (some still not given), heroes of the storm got a free legendary lootbox as well as later giving even more loot boxes...

we get 2 card backs.

the event is nice, but I don't have any motivation to do anything more than claim the cardbacks.

Yeah, all cosmetic stuff. The last Twitch Prime promotion with Hearthstone also gave away a cosmetic item. It seems that they want to keep it to cosmetics only, to avoid any complaints from people of P2W.

The card backs are lame though. I would have liked to see much cooler looking ones.

TankUP

The card backs are lame though. I would have liked to see much cooler looking ones.

I think the Void one looks sick animated. Maybe I just like purple more than ya'll do. Shadowmoon cardback is another favorite of mine. (Although my BRM preorder cardback is my #1 favorite, followed by the Ragnaros one.)

Nachos

I think the Void one looks sick animated. Maybe I just like purple more than ya'll do. Shadowmoon cardback is another favorite of mine. (Although my BRM preorder cardback is my #1 favorite, followed by the Ragnaros one.)
Nah, I'm with you. The concept isn't as good as the Manhole cover's, but the Void back's color scheme is ace.

Fixed1979

You'd get the same effect just not participating at all, LOL.

Wouldn't the other team be getting more wins and so I'd actually be supporting the Void team? Was only joking anyway, I wouldn't mind the card backs, but I don't have Prime and I don't think I'll be following this event very closely.

we get 2 card backs.

I am betting one of the first things most people did was look for ways to get free packs through this event. And one of the visible reactions is that there are none.

wiibomb

I am betting one of the first things most people did was look for ways to get free packs through this event. And one of the visible reactions is that there are none.

absolutely, I wanted free packs, or free cards or something I could play with. Cardbacks are nice, but they are irrelevant in this game... I can't even see them!

Fewr

I'll support team light. I'm sorry to be petty, but I hate Thijs' accent.

I do have Amazon prime, but haven't been able to link to twitch. I think it's not live in my country yet. Any way to make it work and get the card backs?

f.gif

wiibomb

I do have Amazon prime, but haven't been able to link to twitch. I think it's not live in my country yet. Any way to make it work and get the card backs?

send me a PM, I know how

ZealousD

I've watched a lot of events without hand outs. Dunno why we have an expectation here.

They made the game more expensive when they moved away from adventures. They need to be doing more events like the fire/frost festivals to alleviate some of the cost if they aren't going to cut the prices on packs.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What are guys talking about when you say it already turned into prieststone? 11 out of my last 18 matches in standard was against druid.

http://i.imgur.com/oKJVXIj.png

So many spreading plagues and turn 1 vicious fledgelings.

They made the game more expensive when they moved away from adventures. They need to be doing more events like the fire/frost festivals to alleviate some of the cost if they aren't going to cut the prices on packs.

I feel like I've spent less on this expansion than I would have on an adventure and got more cards out of it. No regrets about them moving away from adventure sets.

I don't think I've spent 3500 gold at least, but even if I have, I have definitely gotten more out of it.

I know, I'm not proud of that, but I'd rather watch someone else. I haven't watched much, but I remember his humour was juvenile, it's probably not the case.

EDIT: I usually watch Asmodai, Zalae or Isherwood, so not many jokes thrown around. Hotform is cool too.

I'm not a fan of Thijs either, also because of his humour. The only steamers that I enjoy watching (though I really only watch YT clips) are Kibler, Toast and Firebat. All three can be funny and entertaining without diving straight into obnoxious territory.

I like Kripp too, but sometimes he's a bit too salty and combative.

I feel like I've spent less on this expansion than I would have on an adventure and got more cards out of it. No regrets about them moving away from adventure sets.

I don't think I've spent 3500 gold at least, but even if I have, I have definitely gotten more out of it.
It's because almost every single class legendary is ass.

I'd be happy if they just doubled gold. Reasonable since they are increasing the set release rate by 50% and doubling the number of class legendaries per set.

wiibomb

probably because of the legendary changes, still doesn't change the fact that the game is much more expensive now.

fertygo

I'm not a fan of Thijs either, also because of his humour. The only steamers that I enjoy watching (though I really only watch YT clips) are Kibler, Toast and Firebat. All three can be funny and entertaining without diving straight into obnoxious territory.

I like Kripp too, but sometimes he's a bit too salty and combative.
How the hell thijs is more obnoxious than toast lol

I'm ok with either..

Toast is very differrent on his stream than what he show for his youtube vids

Also I dont know about toast but kibler and firebat took public speech course, firebat especially talking about how he took speech course last year so he can get caster job at blizzcon

So there is formal "aura" around firebat and kibler when they talk.. so I dont know if I neccessarily like that compared to EU guy like thìjs or sjow that their english not even perfect.

toast just comes off real arrogant to me when i've tried watching him, and that allie girl, all i remember about her was watching a set review from her and her blatantly not knowing about a lot of old cards or just straight up saying wrong information. maybe it's just the small sample size but i didn't get the feeling that she was particularly knowledgeable about the game. kripp and reynad know their shit at least (reynad obv being as arrogant as it gets but for some reason it doesn't rub me the wrong way like toast does). kibler and firebat are as professional as it gets, they are some of the only casters i've enjoyed hearing.

Dahbomb

That new Kibler video is fashionably late.

I do like his changes to Nourish and Wild Growth though. Wild Growth is far too complicated for a basic card especially going by how Blizzard defines it. In fact I am almost certain this issue has been brought up by Blizzard themselves before.

kirblar

I do like his changes to Nourish and Wild Growth though. Wild Growth is far too complicated for a basic card especially going by how Blizzard defines it. In fact I am almost certain this issue has been brought up by Blizzard themselves before.
The "it's secretly a split card" thing? Cause otherwise a mana ramp effect is totally normal for a TCG.

ZealousD

You know what would fix this?

Redesigning the core set.

Reynad is kind of like that kid who never does any work in class but still gets an A. Can't help but find his arrogance deserved and a bit charming.

Only other person I like on the list is HSdogdog.

Dahbomb

The "it's secretly a split card" thing? Cause otherwise a mana ramp effect is totally normal for a TCG.
He's talking about the Excess Mana card that you get at full mana that isn't listed anywhere on the text. New players would never know about it unless they tried it themselves or someone else used it against them.

Redesigning the core set is too much work for Blizzard and they have other issues that they are trying to tackle in the meanwhile which is the Ladder system.

Top Bottom