• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dahbomb

Someone actually got the Rogue Quest completed turn 1... LOL!

apfuw2Y.png

squidyj

lol, only out is double fireball at about 12 cards into his deck with 3 cards in hand? OF COURSE MY OPPONENT HAS IT.

jesus fucking christ tonight has been the worst fucking night in my entire hearthstone history. I find it hard to believe i could ever even theorize a worse night.

So yeah, I was way wrong about the Warrior Quest. Thought Taunt Warrior wouldn't amount to anything but I crafted it and I'm absolutely dumpstering people.

I'm legit surprised how good it is. I guess I really underestimated all the taunts in this set.

KuroNeeko

So yeah, I was way wrong about the Warrior Quest. Thought Taunt Warrior wouldn't amount to anything but I crafted it and I'm absolutely dumpstering people.

I'm legit surprised how good it is. I guess I really underestimated all the taunts in this set.

Yeah, mayne! I love Taunt Warrior too!
It's like the only deck I can consistently beat with Quest Priest! #kappa

Of course, matches take like 20 minutes...

ok pretty set for std, if i had a razormaw i would experiment with it but im not spending dust on anymore commons, i guess you'd probably just ditch the doomsayer (it's good in mulligan against some classes tho and late game you can easily refresh your board) but if anyone wants to have fun with hunter quest

fMYrHXH.png

squidyj

why does every paladin have tirion on 8? every single one of these fucking paladins i play against has a curve as smooth as butter.
one drops every time into hydrologists all the way on up, EVERY time.

Not to mention I'm playing against people who can't even figure out how "all minions have 1 hp" and "your minions have +1 hp" interact

oh great, every charge minion in your deck in the top 5 cards, glacial shard mimic pod glacial shard

cHinzo

Someone actually got the Rogue Quest completed turn 1... LOL!
Inbefore the guy topdecks a prep to play the crystal core on turn 2. 😂

why does every paladin have tirion on 8? every single one of these fucking paladins i play against has a curve as smooth as butter.
one drops every time into hydrologists all the way on up, EVERY time.
Pretty high chance to discover one from those Stonehill Defenders.

squidyj

Inbefore the guy topdecks a prep to play the crystal core on turn 2. ��

Pretty high chance to discover one from those Stonehill Defenders.

did i say they had played stonehill? where did i say that?
they have it with or without stonehill and when they have it with stonehill it's not discovered.

Blizzard

Banned
I just had someone playing Quest Rogue in casual with the new skin against my useless murloc Paladin deck (I'm doing a 75-murloc quest).

They ended up killing themselves by attacking face when they had 5 HP and I had a secret up. Turns out it was Eye for an Eye! :p

KuroNeeko

I just had someone playing Quest Rogue in casual with the new skin against my useless murloc Paladin deck (I'm doing a 100-murloc quest).

They ended up killing themselves by attacking face when they had 5 HP and I had a secret up. Turns out it was Eye for an Eye! :p

Eye for an Eye is pretty good in this meta, mayne.

cHinzo

did i say they had played stonehill? where did i say that?
they have it with or without stonehill and when they have it with stonehill it's not discovered.
I didn't imply u were saying that if u could read. I'm just saying players just have 2 more shots to get a Tirion on curve, because they can discover them nowadays. Just expect to see more of them being played. I know u lost quite some games according to ur latest posts in this thread, but chill dude.

Eye for an Eye is pretty good in this meta, mayne.
Especially for free.

FeD.nL

I'm so done with the Burgle effect. Every match against a Rogue is a fucking clown fiesta because they manage to RNG stupid results.

fertygo

hahaha that is the dirtiest Dirty Rat

Loved the reaction when sleeping with the fishes came out too, wp Ferty!
I actually laughed to my teammate reaction in skype that react like to superbowl game winner field goal to that

Btw thanks

I already stressed out when barnes pulled frigging finja

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sherazin goes in an entirely different deck. You might as well ask "why play anything but aggro" for any class, because aggro is faster.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I get that Sherazin fits well into Miracle Rogue, but what I'm suggesting is that Quest Rogue competlely outclasses Miracle Rogue, and it always will while this Quest is in Standard. And because both cards were printed in the same set, they will rotate out at the same time, so without some significant changes down the road that somehow make Quest Rogue less viable, competitively speaking Sherazin (which I agree is a cool card) will never get a chance to shine.

What you are saying is likely completely untrue.

I get that Sherazin fits well into Miracle Rogue, but what I'm suggesting is that Quest Rogue competlely outclasses Miracle Rogue, and it always will while this Quest is in Standard. And because both cards were printed in the same set, they will rotate out at the same time, so without some significant changes down the road that somehow make Quest Rogue less viable, competitively speaking Sherazin (which I agree is a cool card) will never get a chance to shine.
I'm actually starting to think miracle rogue is better, or at least a lot more consistent.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Quest Rogue might actually be the most overrated deck in the history of the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Great job Fertygo! Dirty Rat MVP forever.

As long as quests are in the meta, I'll keep 2x Dirty Rat in every deck.

Quest Rogue is inferior to the Sherazin Miracle version in probably every way. Maybe quest is better at beating inexperienced players on ladder.

Ketch

Has anyone tried a Discard Control Warlock? I don't even know if that makes sense.

:-O

Yes. I tried it with an elemental package. It's the better way to play the quest, but it still sucks. Not enough payoff. Your win condition is to cross your fingers

spoon!

The silly thing about the quest rogue drama is that moving conceal to HOF was all about making miracle rogue more interactive, which is exactly they accomplished with ungoro. Miracle rogue is now about making a huge tempo play for the board, with giants/sharazin/Edwin/vine, which can still be stopped within reason.

And then in the same breath blizzard introduces crystal caves. A completely uninteractive gameplay style. Good job blizz. All you have to do now is bring back freeze Mage.

Oh

But few of the class legs work particularly well with their quests. They are supposed to aid alternate class builds aside from Zavas and Tyrantus.

Sunkeeper Tarim even counters Galvadon.

But few of the class legs work particularly well with their quests. They are supposed to aid alternate class builds aside from Zavas and Tyrantus.

Sunkeeper Tarim even counters Galvadon.
Tarim has been getting play in Token Paladin decks in Wild. Very frustrating deck.

No answer to Muster for Battle? Okay, now the tokens are all 3/3s next turn.

Can't kill all the 3/3s? Now they are all Adapted and have Windfury.

ok pretty set for std, if i had a razormaw i would experiment with it but im not spending dust on anymore commons, i guess you'd probably just ditch the doomsayer (it's good in mulligan against some classes tho and late game you can easily refresh your board) but if anyone wants to have fun with hunter quest

fMYrHXH.png

I really like how this deck looks, and the name is amazing lol.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Quest Rogue has a higher winrate than Miracle Rogue, and the most successful Miracle Rogue lists don't even run Sherazin.

Again, not saying Sherazin is a bad card, and I think it's a really cool concept that I'm glad they printed. I'm also not saying Quest Rogue is OP in terms of the overall meta. I'm just saying Quest Rogue is the best Rogue deck to play currently, which means that printed two class legendaries within a single set that are completely out of balance with each other.

Maybe things will shake out differently down the road and Quest Rogue will drop in viability. But as of today, I don't see how any of what I'm saying is untrue based on the simple facts of the situation.

Where are you getting that quest rogue has a higher winrate than miracle rogue.

Tarim has been getting play in Token Paladin decks in Wild. Very frustrating deck.

No answer to Muster for Battle? Okay, now the tokens are all 3/3s next turn.

Can't kill all the 3/3s? Now they are all Adapted and have Windfury.
It sees play in every paladin deck in standard as well.
It's real bad against shaman though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
https://hsreplay.net/decks/#sortBy=winrate&playerClasses=ROGUE

Top 4 lists are all Quest Rogue. The first Miracle Rogue on the list doesn't run Sherazin.

Metastats says Quest is the best version to play for Rank 5 to Legend, though to be fair it lists Miracle as better for Ranks 20 though 10.

Am I reading this completely wrong or inferring bad information? I'm fully willing to accept everything I've written above is false if so.

You're comparing the Quest Rogue list with the best winrate to the Sherazin Miracle Rogue list with the best winrate. And the difference is only 0.6%.

Meanwhile, if you look at the lists which are the most popular, the most played Quest Rogue has a winrate of 49.8% while the most played Sherazin Miracle Rogue is 55.8%. So if you look at the stats in total, Sherazin Miracle Rogue probably has the better winrate overall.

Quest rogue is easy to target. Zoolock, midrange hunter, egg druid, burn mage, and pirate warrior among others tbh. That hsreplay site is also reporting on winrates from legend to 25. Who cares about 3-25 tbh. Too many incompetent players. You need to pay to see better data and then it still is only legend to 10. VS is not much better a reporting tool atm. But once they do publish a report you can usually sort through by different ranks.

I think because it's terrible match ups, quest rogue is bottom tier 2 and maybe even tier 3. Probably tier 3 on vs reaper's report, but maybe higher at some ranks.

On the other hand, I think miracle rogue will be tier 2 and potentially tier 1 at higher ranks.

From my personal experience at playing several quest rogue lists for most of the expansion, and then arcane giants miracle rogue I think miracle rogue is by far a better list. I think there is a little room for tweaking quest rogue as there are a lot of small changes you can make, but same goes for miracle rogue atm tbh.

Yes, it summons copies of Sherazin ;)

But never use spiritsinger with it :(

Shouldn't it just make 1 little plant egg?

Top Bottom