• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
taunt warrior had an empty hand, then he topdecks slam into execute

man fuck this game

Lyng

Crafted sherazin, lost 5 games in a row. Yup, I don't like this card. Back to leeroy

He is amazing. Give it some more tries. Sherazin Miracle is abit different from standard miracle, but once you learn it, it has the power to beat anything

With Sherazin Miracle, do you "pace yourself" in your plays to get more value out of him, or do you try to draw through for big combos like usual?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
dammit then I run into one of those holy wrath paladins, and he has drawn every card he needs to kill me by turn 7

what is going on

Zemm

Thijs just played a meme quest warrior that was a mixture of 1-2 mana drop taunts and pirate warrior. I guess the strategy was to get the quest done by turn 4-5 and have the hero power + pirates going face.

scarlet

Sherazin is so good though. Every miracle rogue list I've seen runs sherazin and you can still run leeroy if you want to.

He is amazing. Give it some more tries. Sherazin Miracle is abit different from standard miracle, but once you learn it, it has the power to beat anything

Whynotboth.gif

I love Sherazin.. you must play questing or giant tho

The key is revive him with dropping bigger threat

Thanks, most of the time she was just ended up dormant and did nothing. But I changed my deck a little bit and doing better now.

Still can't fit Leeroy in the deck.

Xanathus

Thijs just played a meme quest warrior that was a mixture of 1-2 mana drop taunts and pirate warrior. I guess the strategy was to get the quest done by turn 4-5 and have the hero power + pirates going face.
Need to check that out, I assume you mean that he played AGAINST that deck. That basically is the deck idea I had for that quest where you want to zoo down your opponent with low mana taunt minions and use the quest reward as a finisher. It doesn't work in Standard for now because there aren't enough good low mana taunt minions. I also was considering a pirate package with Dread Corsair since that's a taunt but there aren't enough weapons available in Standard as well.

patchday

my goodness- what was this taunt warrior thinking? He just slams down Deathwing and discards a handful of cards. Worst- one of them was his QUEST!!!!

even more crazy- he goes into fatigue way before I do. It felt like he just finally concedes out of embarassment

But thank you Taunt Warrior you were my last boss to rank up

Been running Elemental Shaman a lot lately. Just love the deck and I am finally getting rewarded with a nice win rate.

yeah mryagut now is streaming and using both

how vital are the slayers? Will have to craft both of them?

I crafted both. having removal + a body to go along with it is such a nice thing for Rogue

Crafted sherazin, lost 5 games in a row. Yup, I don't like this card. Back to leeroy

Gotta give a deck at least 10 games before you can judge it. Ideally 20 games

This is why I don't like posting my stats unless I get 20 games

patchday

With Sherazin Miracle, do you "pace yourself" in your plays to get more value out of him, or do you try to draw through for big combos like usual?

I played Sherazin rogue for bout 20 games and had a nice win rate. Yeah sometimes I'd revive him to take out a key enemy minion. But cant recall even skipping a turn or not playing on curve just to revive him personally.

Jrmint

So Tempo Storm ranked pirate warrior number 1 and now every other game is pirate warrior, thanks a lot TS.

For reference before the Meta Snapshot came out I hardly ever saw the deck.

Grief.exe

Yeah that deck was really flying under the radar...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So Tempo Storm ranked pirate warrior number 1 and now every other game is pirate warrior, thanks a lot TS.

For reference before the Meta Snapshot came out I hardly ever saw the deck.

If you're having issues with pirate warrior, check out Token Druid.

r6dIOV8.jpg

Xanathus

I'd be soooo happy if there was a single deck being over-represented on ladder, it would make it extremely easy to hard-counter it.

patchday

funny tempo storm has elemental shaman at like tier 3 and I have an excellent win rate with the deck. surely tempo storm only applies to high Legend players or something cause it's never been applicable too me whatsoever

I like Vicious Syndicate / metastats / hsreplay where they just give cold hard data. No rigged opinions that do not apply too me

(Granted, I will admit the average elemental shaman deck I see on the web is pure shat)

I'd be soooo happy if there was a single deck being over-represented on ladder, it would make it extremely easy to hard-counter it.

my climb this morning I was greeted by endless Hunters. was weird but glorious at the sametime. just had to pick the right mulligan for the matchup and won all of them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Quest Rogue is the new PW , just worse.
It's very different to me. Pirate Warrior was just immense unavoidable damage from hand. Quest Rogue requires pretty specific draws and can be very weak to removal, because it does not have the same guaranteed damage.

f0lken

Dirty rat doesn't work as good as Quest rogué as before, it seems everyone is starting to use the deathrattle elementals again :/ should I tech a different card or should I sty with dirty rat? I am playing miracle rogue

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Its nearly impossible to get galvendon quest completed.

Pulled that quest out of a pack today.

They really need to retool that quest.

f0lken

I made a few decks before, is obviously not a competitive deck, but I feel is 1-2 cards away from being a grat deck, the loss of the spell that gives divine shield and 3 attack for cost 3 was a shame because right now you can't curve your primalfin with something good

I'm getting it done almost every time but I'm still not winning much. It's like 50/50.

Using Emerald Hive Queen as my 1 drop and pumping it full of spells has actually worked out ok.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
just ran into crystal core rogue running glacial shard. Just froze my stuff multiple times and completed the quest. Fun and interactive.

Anytime I lose to Miracle Rogue, which is most of the time (Miracle Rogue is the deck I have the most trouble beating), Sherazin feels like the reason I lost.
Hate that thing.

Give it some more time, he's a pain in the ass.

Playing Mage in arena. Down to my last 5 cards in my deck. Opponent is running dry. I'm dry. He has more monsters on the field, he takes down my arcane golem with polymorph. He has 10 HP, I have 9 hp. more monsters than me.

I draw Cabalists tome. Use it. Fireball, freeze, another cabalists tome. I freeze his 4/4 minion, cabalists tome again. Another fireball. Another cabalists tome. I forgot the last card. Either way, I managed to pull out a win from my ass.

Amazing indeed.

Q8D3vil

Quest rogue with Vanish is where all the fun at.
Fuck that shit.
Also, Purify priest is pretty legit right now, i think its easy tier 2 deck.

ricelord

silence priest is pretty fun as long the other person have no hard removals.
also he played like 3 ice blocks turn after turn.

Terrible idea, wild is a fully viable, really fun game mode. Just because you don't wanna play it now doesn't mean you never will.

yeah i might just dust the unless wild legendary cards i have.

squidyj

my zoolock opponent plays darkshire librarian on turn 2 with 3 other cards in hand and hits the silverware golem instead of the knife juggler or voidwalker.
he goes on to topdeck soulfire tap soulfire for lethal.
this is my hearthstone life.

Grief.exe

I get the impression from Constructed Kripp that he's trying to get diversified footage and memes for his YouTube account.

Throwing in a N'Zoth with a Miracle Rogue right now has a high chance of getting a hilarious situation.

wow the redbull tournament right now has to be the worst one in a while.

A host who never played hearthstone. Frodan struggling to keep the conversation going. Game is played in the background while casters talk about events they want to go to. just wow.

patchday

I think Kripp plays these bad decks (aka meme decks) on purpose to increase his views. I sometimes watch his youtube content it's pretty enjoyable.

For regular streaming I enjoy the HS tournaments and that funny dude- DisguisedToast.

Kibler would probably be my favorite but he's always broadcasting while I'm at work

Also like Trump & Amnesiac. Granted I'm a bit biased since I've met them at blizzcon

Ladekabel

Sometimes I get the impression that the game has a tick-tock log-in mechanic. Tick and you feel unbeatable, tock and it is impossible to win.

Edit.: And how reliaby Rogues get their quest now even early I would go away from my initial statement that it just is fad of the month.

Tagyhag

I just beat a Sulfuras Warrior with a crappy Paladin deck for a play 10 secrets quest.

Don't even know how. Guess he figured no deck would run eye for an eye lmao.

Top Bottom