• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Having a ton of fun right now with miracle rogue. Never played it before. Don't have sherazin, but subbed leeroy. Also missing an assassinate flower. Those auctioneer turns are addictive.

Having a ton of fun right now with miracle rogue. Never played it before. Don't have sherazin, but subbed leeroy. Also missing an assassinate flower. Those auctioneer turns are addictive.

You don't sub sherazin with leeroy. Sherazin can't really be subbed. You run leeroy alongside sherazin. Or you run arcane giants alongside sherazin.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
"Win 7 games as Rogue or Warrior"

:3

Win 3 games as warrior when I have no warrior quest.

Reroll into play 10 pirates.

OK, fine. It's funny that blizzard really wants to force you into playing pirate warrior sometimes.

Totally forgot to include Upgrade, but still went 3-1 anyway.

squidyj

I set my quest rogue opponent to 2 hp with a full board as token druid after using living mana
He vanishes so I hero power him down to 1 with his quest at 1
he glacial shard freezes me and the minions i develop with all sorts of bounce cards.
I fail to draw a bluegill over 3 turns.
he activates his quest for lethal at 1 hp
this is my hearthstone life.

I play against absolute fucking idiots, incredibly incompetent people making strictly unarguably incorrect plays over and over again and they beat me because they are high roll gods and my rng is shit.

I set my quest rogue opponent to 2 hp with a full board as token druid after using living mana
He vanishes so I hero power him down to 1 with his quest at 1
he glacial shard freezes me and the minions i develop with all sorts of bounce cards.
I fail to draw a bluegill over 3 turns.
he activates his quest for lethal at 1 hp
this is my hearthstone life.

I play against absolute fucking idiots, incredibly incompetent people making strictly unarguably incorrect plays over and over again and they beat me because they are high roll gods and my rng is shit.
Sounds like Hearthstone to me.

squidyj

My miracle rogue opponent plays swashburgler and gets malkorok
malkorok gives him vine cleaver
he cold bloods malkorok and goes face
with a ravaging ghoul on my side, and 3 1/1 tokens + malkorok on his I decide to rat into brawl
malkorok wins the 7 minion brawl giving my opponent lethal

this is what happens in at least half my games, this level of bullshit.

with a ravaging ghoul on my side, and 3 1/1 tokens + malkorok on his I decide to rat into brawl

Your other half cause your opponent to post about how half of his/her games are bullshit. :p

squidyj

Your other half cause your opponent to post about how half of his/her games are bullshit. :p

nah, half my wins are cuz of solid play.
so only a quarter of the time should they be posting about me.

BTW just destroyed a paladin with a pretty lucky draw, silly goose thought he could pyro equality my warleader board.

nah, half my wins are cuz of solid play.
so only a quarter of the time should they be posting about me.

BTW just destroyed a paladin with a pretty lucky draw, silly goose thought he could pyro equality my warleader board.
Aside from some wonky interactions like secrets proccing off of Mad Scientist's death source (which just doesn't make sense), the #1 thing I dislike mechanically in Hearthstone is how buffs work. If a 1/1 is buffed to a 5/5, takes 2 damage, and is then silenced, it should be DEAD. If a 3/2 is buffed to a 4/3 by another minion's presence, takes 2 damage, and that other minion dies, it should be DEAD.

bjaelke

"Taunt Warrior isn't boring"

*10 seconds later on today's episode of Kripp says the darndest things*

"It's not about winning, it's about playing as many Warrior cards as possible"

Hycran

Banned
But Miracle Rogue probably slaughters you.

What miracle rogue? It's all quest rogue and pirate warrior thanks to the ts meta. Thankfully midrange hunter obliterates both those classes right now. I've been on vacation but I'm now laddering and am straight through to 10 with midrange hunter with very little effort.

What miracle rogue? It's all quest rogue and pirate warrior thanks to the ts meta. Thankfully midrange hunter obliterates both those classes right now. I've been on vacation but I'm now laddering and am straight through to 10 with midrange hunter with very little effort.
What's a decent midrange hunter deck look like. I threw some shit together and I'm doing ok with it, but it feels like a struggle more often than not. I mean it's mostly the same cards as usual other than the new 1 and 2 drops, which do make a HUGE difference. Then again, I've always been bad at hunter. I just end up with no cards in hand WAY too early. I just need that starving buzzard buff that I always dream about.

By the way, anyone wanna beat me down for 80g?

scarlet

What's a decent midrange hunter deck look like. I threw some shit together and I'm doing ok with it, but it feels like a struggle more often than not. I mean it's mostly the same cards as usual other than the new 1 and 2 drops, which do make a HUGE difference. Then again, I've always been bad at hunter. I just end up with no cards in hand WAY too early. I just need that starving buzzard buff that I always dream about.

By the way, anyone wanna beat me down for 80g?

Add me anyways Raz#1530

Few things get me as angry as when an opponent who has lethal in their hand decides to go through their entire deck before just ending the match.

Damn, servers are down?

I've been having some luck with the combo of Pyros and Molten Reflection in my Secrets Mage deck. More often than not I can end up with two 10/10 minions and a Pyroblast to finish them off. I have Antonidas in there too but I usually just use him as bait.

Zakalwe

Banned

Right, so it's your job to make sure you win the other half.

Once you get that down it's tweaking until you slip over the 50% win rate.

We see this complaint so often here... you're going to lose around half your games most of the time. This is how the game works.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Aside from some wonky interactions like secrets proccing off of Mad Scientist's death source (which just doesn't make sense), the #1 thing I dislike mechanically in Hearthstone is how buffs work. If a 1/1 is buffed to a 5/5, takes 2 damage, and is then silenced, it should be DEAD. If a 3/2 is buffed to a 4/3 by another minion's presence, takes 2 damage, and that other minion dies, it should be DEAD.

The Mad Scientist interaction makes sense once you realize the ordering of the phases and how death processing works in Hearthstone, but it does betray the intent of how secrets are supposed to work so I agree that it should be changed. Secrets are meant to be played around, so they should never trigger immediately once put into play. Same reason why secrets only trigger on the opponent's turn now.

I don't agree with you on how buffs work, however. I don't think there's any compelling reason why a minion's inherent health should take precedence over their buffed health in taking damage. I think it makes sense that buffs are placed "on top" of a minion and so the buffed damage is removed first.

patchday

feels bad man; the servers are down. Was looking forward to getting in some games

Win 3 games as warrior when I have no warrior quest.

Reroll into play 10 pirates.

OK, fine. It's funny that blizzard really wants to force you into playing pirate warrior sometimes.

Totally forgot to include Upgrade, but still went 3-1 anyway.

before this season, I used to pick Pirate Warrior to clear out those quests. At least now I have a choice between Taunt Warrior or Pirate Warrior. [edit] I also used to go Dragon Warrior which I had fun with

queue control warrior get quest rogue (who full keeps his hand)
queue midrange hunter get elemental shaman
fucking hell.

Hunter is my best matchup for my Elemental Shaman (6-0). I unintentionally farmed those guys to climb ladder.

Been having some great swings with taunt warrior. Managed to comeback against pirate warrior buy going armor alleysmith into a tar lord.

Once you stabilize the board it's hard for the opponent to get through

Top Bottom