• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any Rogue decks that aren't Miracle or Quest, or are those the only two types that work in the meta right now?

I'd imagine Jade Rogue is helped out a ton by Mimic Pod and the new removal options. I don't know of anyone that's tried it yet.

patchday

There's all kinds of rogue. zoth mill rogue, jade/flower rogue, malygos/flower rogue, and stealth/water rogue

last season I played Dragon rogue a lot too

Miletius

Those sound interesting, know where I can find some lists? Only seeing variants of Quest / Miracle on HearthPwn.

There's a list that somebody was running a while back with cult master and defender of argus that I played with, it was pretty good. You might be able to adapt it for the new meta, I can imagine that it could be very powerful with mimic pod in there somewhere.

http://themoment.tv/playlist/6057/moment/53646 is a video (you can pull the list from the sidebar)

zoukka

Quest Rogue is efficient to ladder with. You are favoured against most decks and most players instantly concede on turn 4-5.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll have to check them out.

Quest Rogue is efficient to ladder with. You are favoured against most decks and most players instantly concede on turn 4-5.

Yeah, but I don't know if it's a type of deck I'd have fun playing. For example, I really enjoy the Class Card Burgling of Rogue, and used to run a deck with Burgle in it. Wasn't a great deck and I'd lose nine times out of ten, but that one game where I pull off an amazing win with some random stuff made it worth it for me.

patchday

Wait--- you sucked with a Burgle Rogue? Guess you have bad luck or something. Right now is easiest time to probably play a Burgle rogue

just run hallacination / shaku / undead city huckster + that guy from karazhan that reduces price of cards you get from a different class. Just embrace the idea you are playing with Random cards and have fun with it. I posted my stats one time. I think I went from 20 - 13 in Wild in one go (granted this was after mid month-- we all know Ladder is much easier after mid month)

unfortunately I'm a casual player that often parks at rank 10 or something but I knew a guy on reddit that went Legend with a Burgle. Granted, it had patches and this was back when Small time buccaneer was a thing

Wait--- you sucked with a Burgle Rogue? Guess you have bad luck or something. Right now is easiest time to probably play a Burgle rogue

just run hallacination / shaku / undead city huckster + that guy from karazhan that reduces price of cards you get from a different class. Just embrace the idea you are playing with Random cards and have fun with it. I posted my stats one time. I think I went from 20 - 13 in Wild in one go.

unfortunately I'm a casual player that often parks at rank 10 or something but I knew a guy on reddit that went Legend with a Burgle. Granted, it had patches and this was back when Small time buccaneer was a thing

I ran a Burgle deck back before MSG, that was before I stopped playing for a bit. I'm trying a Burgle deck in Standard right now. Can't seem to get a good thing going and I assumed that was because decks are either too fast or the deck I was running doesn't really have a win condition. (Unless you Steal one)

patchday

well I reached rank 10 other day. I'll start experimenting while I'm here at a ranked floor and make a burgle/tempo rogue

edit- This sucks trying to make one right now and it is sinking in that Burgle rotated out. That was my jam- prep + burgle. I also liked Grand Crusader which is gone too.

well I reached rank 10 other day. I'll start experimenting while I'm here at a ranked floor and make a burgle/tempo rogue

edit- This sucks trying to make one right now and it is sinking in that Burgle rotated out. That was my jam- prep + burgle. I also liked Grand Crusader which is gone too.

That'd be cool, I'd like to see some ideas for a deck like that since that's something I've been trying too.

And yeah, maybe it'll have to be a wild deck. Just afraid that the ladder there would be even more fast / ridiculous.

Burgle was and is a bad card.

patchday

Burgle was and is a bad card.

What do you consider a bad card? If a card helps enables what my deck is trying to do then it is not bad. Burgle has great synergy with Etheral Peddler.

Anyway... Tortollan Primalist look like a weak card on every conceivable level but I'm going to give that a try. just happened to get one in my initial pack opening spree and have yet to use it

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What do you consider a bad card? If a card helps enables what my deck is trying to do then it is not bad. Burgle has great synergy with Etheral Peddler.

Anyway... Tortollan Primalist look like a weak card on every conceivable level but I'm going to give that a try. just happened to get one in my initial pack opening spree and have yet to use it

Oh yeah, I forgot I wanted to try out Tortollan Primalist at some point too. Wonder what class he fits in best? Maybe mage but i don't want him fireballing himself or my face.

Maybe a slower dinomancy Hunter for the CotW value? I do love me a good slow hunter. Always feels good when you configure a high value turn with things like Infest.

It's too expensive for what it does to be good. It wasn't even ran long inside burgle decks.

I hate this post.

Dude didn't even say it was a good card. He said he liked the card and really enjoyed playing it.

So? I don't miss bad cards like burgle. Hallucination is 10x better.

patchday

Probably beginner's luck but won first match with this burgle rogue. There really is no real Win condition other than gambling on the cards you steal.

just killed this Shadow vision priest. sent him to fatigue. Was a really fun match

keep in mind this is basically a goofy meme deck. It's main advantage is your opponent won't have any clue what is in your hand. I use that to my advantage. I've used burgle decks to climb to at least rank 10 every since that original reddit post inspired me

Decklist:

rB6eIvb.png

patchday

Oh yeah, I forgot I wanted to try out Tortollan Primalist at some point too. Wonder what class he fits in best? Maybe mage but i don't want him fireballing himself or my face.

Maybe a slower dinomancy Hunter for the CotW value? I do love me a good slow hunter. Always feels good when you configure a high value turn with things like Infest.

Yeah that's a tough call. Primalist has really bad stats but just used him and I must admit he helped out which surprises me.

Will need to run this deck through a lot more games before I have more thoughts on Primalist

How is it that every Hunter I ever face curves perfectly through the first like 7 turns of the game?

Then again, guess it's not that hard when you give a class three 1 drops that are above the power curve. Pretty much guaranteed to never get a bad start at that point.

patchday

It's too expensive for what it does to be good. It wasn't even ran long inside burgle decks.

Well you predate me (played game longer). But when Karazhan dropped everyone ran Etheral peddler with Burgle. There's lots of old gaf posts bout it.

edit- And bout Burgle being a bad card I don't feel I should try to argue otherwise. Just saying it's a fun card to use with Etheral peddler

Cool, I'll try that out as well, but I don't have the full list, not too big of a deal though, just wanted to try something new out.

Not to sure about the Primalist though, but it could pull off some cool stuff if you're lucky.

patchday

That doesn't mean it's good. People wanted to try something new out. lasted like a week maybe.

Well Burgle is in Wild now. better to focus on Standard I think which is where I mostly game.

I still have PTSD from Reno / Dragon Priest / Entomb so havent been doing Wild much. might finish at all time low in a long time (rank 19/20 Wild)

patchday

How is it that every Hunter I ever face curves perfectly through the first like 7 turns of the game?

Then again, guess it's not that hard when you give a class three 1 drops that are above the power curve. Pretty much guaranteed to never get a bad start at that point.

wish you post replays or something.

I can tell you my Elemental Shaman wrecked 6 of them in a row. made it real easy to hit rank 10. edit- actually it was like 4 in a row, but a total of 6

eventually might go back to shaman to get to rank 5. But Idk I feel like goofing off now.

patchday

oh noes fighting a Quest rogue with this burgle right now. It feels like a bad matchup because unlike Warrior class- you do not burgle any good taunts

(So the goofy burgle rogue might have big troubles now-- Pirate warriors are easier than this)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is it just me or does fighting purify priest feel bizarrely fair. Handlock too.

Something about it where they can put out huge taunts quickly and cheat out big minions from barnes and silence, but their threats feel limited, it feels like you can usually have a chance against beating them and I just generally enjoy games against them.

squidyj

my priest opponent dirty rats when the only card I have in hand came from tortollan forager and he didn't have a death in hand. I still lose.

Edit:
Elemental Shaman vs Freeze Mage - "Solitaire? two can play that game"

Is it just me or does fighting purify priest feel bizarrely fair. Handlock too.

Something about it where they can put out huge taunts quickly and cheat out big minions from barnes and silence, but their threats feel limited, it feels like you can usually have a chance against beating them and I just generally enjoy games against them.

It's the fact that you always have a turn to respond to what they do.

There's all kinds of rogue. zoth mill rogue, jade/flower rogue, malygos/flower rogue, and stealth/water rogue

last season I played Dragon rogue a lot too
I want to try Water Rogue at some point. N'Zoth Mill Rogue won't work in Standard without Healbot, Brann, or...anything for N'Zoth to resurrect, lol.

Dahbomb

Neither Priest nor Handlock can degenerate you out of a game by turn 5-6.

Ok maybe Priest can with Inner Fire shenanigans. But I don't know if the SIlence Priest runs that combo, it's usually just big stats and taunts with silence synergy. Honestly Handlock is just better because you can do combination plays easier with the superior draw engine.

iirate

I've had very good success playing this list

I was playing jade rogue before the rotation and wanted to make it standard legal, but I didn't open any Un'Goro packs on launch day nor did I want to spend any dust. I leaned into burgle a bit, and the list has been killing it on ladder.

patchday

How does that work? You just save up all your coins for the Petals? Why not just use Sinister Strike instead?

Might work in Wild with Emperor Thaurissan though.

Well what they do is run 2 x Burgle Bully to get coins. Also it helps if the deck can fit 2 rogue coins. havent actually run the deck myself in this meta yet

iirate

PSA: Whenever you say your deck is doing great on ladder, post your rank.

Petal Rogue? Uses Malygos plus petals for the OTK.

Point taken. I'm only rank 14. I've never played to climb, so I've just been playing this deck to do quests between arena runs, but I'm 15-4 at this point.

scarlet

How does that work? You just save up all your coins for the Petals? Why not just use Sinister Strike instead?

Might work in Wild with Emperor Thaurissan though.

Yeah, why petal? Sinister strike deal 2 more damage with the same amount of cost.

I guess malygos could work with burgly bully.

Rogue has 5 cards left in their deck. I have 17 lol.

Nah, Auctioneer definitely shouldn't have been rotated out. Nope, why would anyone think that? As a matter of fact let's give Rogue even more cheap spells so they can draw half their deck with no answer.

Dahbomb

I would rather just use my coins on Gadgeteer, Van Cleef, clutch plays and Violet Teachers. You are only beating control decks with the Malygos finisher.

But I am definitely not a Rogue player so I don't really know.

patchday

yeah I am guessing this meta is no good for Malygos. Really sucks cause I have him Gold

(I might try it out right fast but I'm full of doubts esp with all the broken aggro decks out there)

Top Bottom