• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the Tier List for the quests.
S tier: Fire Plume's Heart
A tier: The Caverns Below
B tier: Unite the Murlocs
C tier: Awaken the Makers
D tier: Lakkari Sacrifice, The Marsh Queen, Jungle Giants, Open the Waygate
F tier: The Last Kaleidosaur

I'd argue Open the Waygate is better than Awaken the Makers. I know your ranking is in line with what the winrate stats says but it's a lot easier to screw up building and playing Open the Waygate than Awaken the Makers, and I'd take a slightly worse freeze mage over a slightly worse N'zoth Priest any day of the week.

I'm fine with all other rankings.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I still think The Last Kaleidosaur has some potential in a Mech Paladin Deck in wild, but I'm still not crafting it to try it out.

Why mech?

I made a wild quest paladin deck because Muster and Shieldbot are both easy sticky minion things, Nerubian Egg is insanely overpowered in any deck that happens to run a activator, and Seal of Champions is maybe the best buff card Paladin ever had.

Thought it was pretty good too with a huge winrate until I hit the rank 15 floor and the competition took a large step up.

Why mech?

I made a wild quest paladin deck because Muster and Shieldbot are both easy sticky minion things, Nerubian Egg is insanely overpowered in any deck that happens to run a activator, and Seal of Champions is maybe the best buff card Paladin ever had.

Thought it was pretty good too with a huge winrate until I hit the rank 15 floor and the competition took a large step up.

Spare Parts are buffs.

squidyj

jesus christ whoever the fuck kyousou is has way too much time on his hands.
dude basically built conceal shaman, 100% removal all the way until fatigue then some dumbass umbra combo, literally the slowest fucking deck to play against in the game and ig et queued into him fucking twice

thanks for wasting my fucking time asshole.

Blizzard

Banned
jesus christ whoever the fuck kyousou is has way too much time on his hands.
dude basically built conceal shaman, 100% removal all the way until fatigue then some dumbass umbra combo, literally the slowest fucking deck to play against in the game and ig et queued into him fucking twice

thanks for wasting my fucking time asshole.
Each time I notice your posts in this thread, you seem to be very angry. Are you successfully ranking up, if you're not having fun? If you're doing neither, with all due respect, maybe it's best to take a break for a bit? :/

squidyj

Each time I notice your posts in this thread, you seem to be very angry. Are you successfully ranking up, if you're not having fun? If you're doing neither, with all due respect, maybe it's best to take a break for a bit? :/

I'm ranking up now, I had a very fun match against a taunt warrior today too, it also went very long but we were both playing the same game together and duking it out with our threats and our draws. Every turn I had to think about what i could play around and how best i could make his turns awkward.
Likewise I derive a certain satisfaction from dismantling freeze mages by healing completely out of their range.
I also had a bit of a guilty pleasure high rolling the fuck out of a quest rogue with a turn 5 lethal via warleader + murlocs on board and developing a gentle megasaur for windfury. 28 damage on turn 5 is pretty good.
I mostly just don't post here when things are good though. Got myself back up to rank 1 3 stars so i'm only a little bit away from at least hitting legend. Looking forward to making legend tomorrow, finally, so long delayed.

If i ever have to play against that kyousou guy again though. His game plasn seems to be absically stall for 20 turns until he hits fatigue then spiritsinger umbra into white eyes + ancestral spirit to spawn a million 5 mana 10/10s. It's a gameplan that maximizes some of the worst, least fun aspects of control decks, they don't want to do anything and they don't want you to do anything either and it's the kind of deck that makes me wish there is never ever a 'control meta'

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of good things happening, I just swashburgled back to back in the same game:

• White Eyes
  • Al'Akir the Windlord
  • White Eyes (again)

KuroNeeko

Thinking about just dusting my Warrior cards. I don't think I've ever enjoyed the class and I pulled that awesome dinosaur legendary.

I just want the plant guy--I think the plants are my favorite new "type" of card this expansion. I regret crafting Umbra...but maybe I shouldn't dust him just yet.

I pulled Hemet, but he doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy playing. I guess if I dusted his butt, I could scrounge enough for the plant and an epic killer plant. Guess I want Shaku too, but he only has two more expansions to go...

Burgle / N-zoth Rogue is my favorite type of rogue.
Meme Priest is my favorite kind of Priest.

If I can just get those two rolling, I should be fine...why did I craft the shaman legendary? lol

Blizzard

Banned
I got back to back event legendary drops in Overwatch, and when I bought a single dino pack with coins tonight I got golden Awaken the Makers. I guess Blizzard is being nice for my bad drop luck in the past.

I'll probably dust it for Patches I guess? All the cool kids seem to be getting Patches.

scarlet

Good god, I had terrible record in un'goro arena. 3-3, 2-3 and then 1-3

@blizzard

What deck are you playing right now? It could be 4 epic or 1 legendary.

zoukka

Why play burgle-rogue when the popular miracle lists are already a stolen card fiesta!

Also the feel when you rip the new Priest legendary as rogue

Zakalwe

Banned
Any Warrior archetypes working on ladder besides Quest and Pirates?

I have both of the above but I'd really like to play a more classic control deck. I'll give it a go myself, just curious on your experiences.

zoukka

Any Warrior archetypes working on ladder besides Quest and Pirates?

I have both of the above but I'd really like to play a more classic control deck. I'll give it a go myself, just curious on your experiences.

Quest warrior is so close to a control warrior and it will always win the value game. The problem with the traditional CW is how to finish games. It will be favoured against pirates and hunter, but everything else will be hard.

spoon!

Between miracle rogue and quest warrior I'm really enjoying ungoro. While quest rogues are obnoxious, they don't have the crushing consistency and aren't as borish to play against as midrange and aggro shaman. At least not yet...

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks for the replies.

What's the optimal QW deck right now? Currently running:

1 x Quest
1 x Whirlwind
2 x Execute
2x FWA
2 x Slam
2 x Sleep with the Fishes
1 x Acolyte
2 x R Ghoul
2 x Shield Block
2 x Stonehill Defender
2 x Tar Creeper
2 x Bloodhoof Brave
2 x Ally Armorsmith
2 x Brawl
1 x Direhorn Hatchling
1 x Ornery Direhorn
1 x The Curator
2 x Primordial Drake

Dirty rat seems to be fucking me over more than it helps, considering switching for Cornered Sentry.

I'm hovering around 14-12 and I'm not making too many mistakes (I don't think), I think it could be an issue with the deck. Should I switch the Shield Blocks for something else?

Xanathus

Needed 6 wins with Druid for a daily quest, felt good going into Wild and curing Pirate Warrior cancer with Token Druid w/ 2x Golakka Crawler 2x Bloodsail Corsair.

patchday

If i ever have to play against that kyousou guy again though. His game plasn seems to be absically stall for 20 turns until he hits fatigue then spiritsinger umbra into white eyes + ancestral spirit to spawn a million 5 mana 10/10s. It's a gameplan that maximizes some of the worst, least fun aspects of control decks, they don't want to do anything and they don't want you to do anything either and it's the kind of deck that makes me wish there is never ever a 'control meta'

Ah the Umbra + White Eyes combo. I want to give that a try but don't have the dust for umbra just quite yet although I have a lot of horrible Wild legendaries begging me to dust'em.

fertygo

Got Legend with this Quest Warrior list

http://i.imgur.com/6zAP3pw.png

I pretty much only subbing in Armorsmith from list at this guide written by RayC
https://hsreplay.net/articles/10/raycs-quest-warrior-guide

Its very great guide btw, I really appreciate his push to not keep the quest at irrelevant matchup

btw protip : if you got warrior "mirror" always notice card at top left, if they hovered to that card its mean you can "gamble" thinking they're pirate warrior and they on process to mulligan the top left card, because the quest card always appeared on top left card.. its really a risk that worth to consider if you want more advantage vs pirate warrior

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I pretty much only subbing in Armorsmith from list at this guide written by RayC

Its very great guide btw, I really appreciate his push to not keep the quest at irrelevant matchup

btw protip : if you got warrior "mirror" always notice card at top left, if they hovered to that card its mean you can "gamble" thinking they're pirate warrior and they on process to mulligan the top left card, because the quest card always appeared on top left card.. its really a risk that worth to consider if you want more advantage vs pirate warrior

Cool way to get a read on your opponent. Nice tip.

wiibomb

this is a nice list, I think my quest warrior needs an update since the one I made on Ungoro launch.

I can't believe sleep with the fishes became popular with this deck archetype...

fertygo

Cool way to get a read on your opponent. Nice tip.

Yah, so far I haven't encounter quest warrior that just bluffing and just hover to top left card and not mulligan it, so its quite solid way to identify pirate warr, mulligan my quest, looking for more early control tool

patchday

this is a nice list, I think my quest warrior needs an update since the one I made on Ungoro launch.

I can't believe sleep with the fishes became popular with this deck archetype...

Yeah it's a natural fit to Control Warrior and gives the deck AoE of a sort.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have taken out Shield Block and Shield Slam from my QW list. I agree that only running 1 Shield slam is the right move since you're basically only ever comboing it with Shield Block. I rarely get high armor values except in the mirror and even then not every time.

I like that list though. My deck runs Tar Creepers instead of the Shield Blocks and a 1x of Ornery Direhorn instead of Shield Slam.

It really is surprising how good Sleep with the Fishes ends up being. I couldn't have believed I'd live in a world where that card was good and competitive, but here we are.

wiibomb

Anyone got a nice deck to use non-quest priest? I got lyra and crafted 2 shadow visions sometime ago and I don't really have a clue about a nice deck to use them

IceMarker

Aya was fantastic in Deathrattle/Jade Hybrid Rogue until Raptor and Pillager got cycled out.

Still... she extremely fun to play up to 6 times in that deck. (Discover from Death from Below + Shadowcaster, etc.)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I guess I'll have to craft both faceless shamblers then, without those the deck just falls.

all other lists of spell priest seem to run Elyse and I would just prefer to craft the shamblers, they seem more useful now

There are some Dragon Priest lists that seem to be doing well running the Lyra package, if you have the Primordial Drakes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I haven't found a consistent one yet with the primordial drakes, have you tried one?

Not personally. I haven't crafted Lyra yet because I'm not certain if the Priest meta is going to require her when everything shakes out.

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, I started trying to build that quest warrior deck linked above. I figured, I finally have the legendaries, I spent $20 on Karazhan, and maybe I can do most of it!

Nope, I'm missing EIGHT epics. 3200 more dust to grind? :|

Top Bottom