• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Shaneus

Mind you, Lumines has been patched to allow PSTV play for a while. Just click the update icon on the LiveArea when you're connected to the Internet.
Not the Australian version, for some reason. I think the US version is fine (even on AU hardware) but yeah, the pal one doesn't (normally) work.

Putosaure

Gave it a try just now, and tried VitaDOOM. It's nice for a start, I'll check what's coming in the next few weeks ! :)

autoduelist

No, they're talking about powering it off. It's slightly inconvenient, but it's not a big deal. It can happen either if you power it off manually or if you let the battery run out.

You'd really need to try to 'let the battery run out'. If you simply let it run out while you're playing it actually goes into sleep mode and you've got plenty of time to plug it in and resume. Vita is a sleeping beast.

Seventy70

Is there any way I could download the 3.60 update to my Vita right now and choose to install it later if I wanted to? I'm on 3.16 and don't want to risk losing PSX emulation.

I think I'm going to wait until there are more apps for this. Until then I'll just keep this on favourites on my vita.

I'm glad this exists.

Flambe

Yup, pretty great stuff. Now just have to wait for better emulators, can't stand the sound on the snes one right now for example. Patience =s

Glix

Oh hells yes. I knew i grabbing that great ebay deal ($99?, $120? I forget) for a spare vita would work out!

Chucker

Finally got it to work, went to wololo and downloaded the whitelist, overwrote the previous but Wipeout won't work.
Do I have to do anything else?

I have a question, if I sign out of PSN on my Vita can I later unproblematically sign-in with the same account again and can I play my games while signed-out?

Gamespawn

You'd really need to try to 'let the battery run out'. If you simply let it run out while you're playing it actually goes into sleep mode and you've got plenty of time to plug it in and resume. Vita is a sleeping beast.
You're telling me! I hadn't seen my vita since June 10th cause that was when I got back from vacation. It was fully charged but the kids got to it while I was at work. Found it yesterday, wiped the "kid" off of it and powered it up.

I kid you not, full battery.

SiDCrAzY

Which accessories are you using for your vita in that picture =o
and are they for the old or new model?

It's for the new model, but they might be available for the old too. I have a case and some analog nubs on. I have no idea how to take the nubs off though haha. The nubs might be for either model.

These:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KE6DCFU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XXSONHM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What is it?

Mutant League Hockey for the Genesis.

LewieP

I checked prices today: can't believe how expensive these cards are. There is absolutely no reason why the cards are so ridiculously priced.

The reason is that for some reason Sony decided they were a high margin accessory rather than a fundamental requirement to meaningfully engage with the platform.

dEvAnGeL

kinda bummer you have reinstall this every time you turn your vita off and to boot it pretty much luck of the draw to get this working, been trying since last nigh and keep getting errors all the time :-/

Joey Ravn

Banned
kinda bummer you have reinstall this every time you turn your vita off and to boot it pretty much luck of the draw to get this working, been trying since last nigh and keep getting errors all the time :-/

Many exploits like this one have to be reapplied every time the system is turned off. A good chunk of PSPs couldn't have a permanent CFW for a long time, and currently the Wii U has to reapply the kernel exploit every time it's turned off as well. It's just the nature of these exploits.

That being said, a self-hosting option is being looked at by Team Molecule, and they've said that an offline installer is very likely to happen down the line.

The whitelist method for pstv works flawlessly with the homebrew. Thank you so much.

Are you using that whitelister.vpk? It doesn't fix the whitelist with PSP games. Using the .VPK, my Vita games would run but not PSP games like Dracula X. It appears we'll have to fix that manually by replacing the list_launch_emu.dat with an altered one, at least until the .VPK is updated. That worked for me. Still easier than fooling with those malformed email attachments.

dEvAnGeL

Many exploits like this one have to be reapplied every time the system is turned off. A good chunk of PSPs couldn't have a permanent CFW for a long time, and currently the Wii U has to reapply the kernel exploit every time it's turned off as well. It's just the nature of these exploits.

That being said, a self-hosting option is being looked at by Team Molecule, and they've said that an offline installer is very likely to happen down the line.
not in a rush really, got my vita day 1 cause the uncharted, stardust and wipeout games and play the hell out of those games, i got my moneys worth as far as im concerned, so the vita is been on dead mode for almost 2 years now until yesterday when i updated to 3.60 to try this, i guess i can wait for a more permanent solution, all i want is to play snes emulator on it

So I got it installed and working.

I'm curious as to how they say the unofficial SDK is based on the official Sony API's. I looked at the sample code, and I'll be honest, I'm not sure how to compile something with the makefiles they have as examples.

If I can recompile my PSM game with this, I'd gladly do it just to put it out there. That is, provided the official SDK is anything like the PSM one.

EDIT: Was able to connect to the IRC. They say the PSM SDK is different, but there may be a way to do it

Joey Ravn

Banned
not in a rush really, got my vita day 1 cause the uncharted, stardust and wipeout games and play the hell out of those games, i got my moneys worth as far as im concerned, so the vita is been on dead mode for almost 2 years now until yesterday when i updated to 3.60 to try this, i guess i can wait for a more permanent solution, all i want is to play snes emulator on it

It's a really cool hack with a lot of promise... But, honestly, there's no much reason for me to use the emulators here instead of what I already have on my N3DS. I hope it gets massively better with a few weeks of work, though.

Is ePSP with tn-v or something like that available now?

The exploit has been out for barely a day and the source code is not public. So, no, not yet. You'll have to give it some time until people start maximizing the potential this hack offers.

gbland

Are you using that whitelister.vpk? It doesn't fix the whitelist with PSP games. Using the .VPK, my Vita games would run but not PSP games like Dracula X. It appears we'll have to fix that manually by replacing the list_launch_emu.dat with an altered one, at least until the .VPK is updated. That worked for me. Still easier than fooling with those malformed email attachments.

I manually replaced the dat file. I also just tried out the vita games. Not the psp games yet. I'm sure people will be perfecting this method in order to do so.

How well can I run GBA games? People on Reddit were saying mGBA is quite buggy. :/

Playing Pokemon on Vita sounds great.

Give it a few weeks/months for devs to actually do something with it.

That said, it sounds like the Vita may actually be worse than the NN3DS when it comes to brute CPU power...

Top Bottom