• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Permanent Hack may be possible

Not sure if it will be AS attractive until the day comes that Vita is no longer updated and supported by PSN

Maybe we will someday get a permanent CFW that can hide from Sony effectively enough so that we can have it all

For the immediate future you are going to have to make a choice

Just to be clear only certain PSP models are capable of a "permanent" hack where nothing is required to run to enable the hack on reboot. On my PSP go for instance I have to run a fast installer every reboot to enable homebrew.

There is absolutely no reason why you should ever have to "hack" the PSP anymore anyways... The encryption keys are freely and easily available for anyone to sign their PSP software as legitimate.

Just to be clear only certain PSP models are capable of a "permanent" hack where nothing is required to run to enable the hack on reboot. On my PSP go for instance I have to run a fast installer every reboot to enable homebrew.
this is no longer the case. Davee, who contributed to henkaku, created a program called infinity that works on everything except maybe the street.
There is absolutely no reason why you should ever have to "hack" the PSP anymore anyways... The encryption keys are freely and easily available for anyone to sign their PSP software as legitimate.
Except expanded firmware functionality, remapping controls, screenshot functions, music player while in game, reading text files in game, translation patches and plugins, etc. etc. etc.

Glix

Press l+r+select+start

Also if you are going to use in game sram make sure you exit the emulator and not close it by ps menu. Make sure to save state often because there are reports of failing srams

I think in all stars you need to switch the controllers for some reason

whichever the default is, set to the other one. I think its "retropad+analog"

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, when I access VHBL it looks like I've got a whole list of old emus from my previous hack, but don't know how to access these folders through Henkaku's file system. Like, that directory doesn't show up at all, is that normal?

Hello.

So I've made some time to install 3.60 on my Vita, but I'm not sure how to do it. I have the file downloaded on my Macbook Air, and I also downloaded the Content Manager Assistant app from Sony. I chose the option to update via PC, but when I connect to my Mac, the Vita says 3.61 is available and gives me the option to hit next. I don't want to install this, of course...any advice on how I get 3.6 on the machine?

Thanks.

Lime

Hello.

So I've made some time to install 3.60 on my Vita, but I'm not sure how to do it. I have the file downloaded on my Macbook Air, and I also downloaded the Content Manager Assistant app from Sony. I chose the option to update via PC, but when I connect to my Mac, the Vita says 3.61 is available and gives me the option to hit next. I don't want to install this, of course...any advice on how I get 3.6 on the machine?

Thanks.

You need QMCA and there's a link in the OP to the method for updating via the downloaded 3.60 file

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hello.

Thanks.

Neither should be connected to the internet or it will check for the latest version. You also want to make sure the Vita doesn't already have 3.61 downloaded.

Needing QCMA to do it without connecting sounds right.

You need QMCA and there's a link in the OP to the method for updating via the downloaded 3.60 file

Neither should be connected to the internet or it will check for the latest version. You also want to make sure the Vita doesn't already have 3.61 downloaded.

Needing QCMA to do it without connecting sounds right.
Thanks both.

How do I check that it hasn't got 3.61 downloaded already? I'm pretty sure I switched off auto download before 3.61 was even released.

EDIT: Anyone using QCMA on a Mac? I'm on OSX 10.7.5 (Lion), the app crashes on launch. If you're successfully using it in OSX, which OS version are you on? Anyone know if this'll work with Windows XP?

Thanks.

linkboy

I've got henkaku installed and Vitashell 0.7 running. However, when I connect to the ftp using Fillazilla, I can't transfer the vpk over to to setup the offline installer.

Fillazilla gives me an error 550, fails to transfer the file over and disconnects from the server.

Anyone know what's up with it?

edit

Ignore this, got it working.

Stupid question, but I can't save in any games. I have the latest package, and they said the save system was fixed. Am I missing something? Do I need to config something?

Joey Ravn

Banned
So I went to the website in the OP, tried to run the hack and my browser just keeps crashing.

Is there something I've missed?

Patience. Keep retrying until it works. It shouldn't take that long, though. If it crashes several times in a row, try: rebooting the Vita, turning on/off the Bluetooth connection, erasing the cache of the browser.

Just keep trying, it's bound to install sooner or later. I found it to be much more reliable once the hack has been installed once. And then use the offline installer, which is even more estable in my experience.

Stupid question, but I can't save in any games. I have the latest package, and they said the save system was fixed. Am I missing something? Do I need to config something?

Assuming you're talking about RetroArch (since you didn't mention what emulator you're using), make sure to quit the app through its own Quit option. Don't just close the bubble, since you're not forcing the emulator to store the data to the save file.

Assuming you're talking about RetroArch (since you didn't mention what emulator you're using), make sure to quit the app through its own Quit option. Don't just close the bubble, since you're not forcing the emulator to store the data to the save file.

RetroArch, indeed! Thanks a lot!

Fasty

Is there any chance a ds emulator Will work? How would it handle the dual screens?

https://github.com/masterfeizz/DeSmuME-Vita/releases

Make sure you create a folder in ux0 called Data and inside that create one called DESEMUME and put your roms in there or it won't start.

The games are displayed above/below in the middle of the screen so it's very tiny. Would be way better if they were displayed side by side imo, but the touchscreen seems to work which is great

Patience. Keep retrying until it works. It shouldn't take that long, though. If it crashes several times in a row, try: rebooting the Vita, turning on/off the Bluetooth connection, erasing the cache of the browser.

Just keep trying, it's bound to install sooner or later. I found it to be much more reliable once the hack has been installed once. And then use the offline installer, which is even more estable in my experience.

Cheers. Ill mess with it more next weekend.

quabba

Whoa.

Man, that looks amazing. I've been tempted to update with God Eater 2 around the corner, but I think I might just invest in a second Vita.

Is there any way to install games from PSN without updating? I haven't updated yet but I want to install some games I bought in a sale a while ago. I tried queuing on the web store and then restarting the vita but its not working.

2725361-5551421891-23wpu.jpg

Oh my.... I want this.

ar4757

Is there any way to install games from PSN without updating? I haven't updated yet but I want to install some games I bought in a sale a while ago. I tried queuing on the web store and then restarting the vita but its not working.

the ps3 trick

Not sure, really. I used to use the Vita Blocker but from what I read, it's not working anymore.

the ps3 trick

What exactly is this trick? Will I be able to do it when God Eater 2 comes out?

EDIT: Anyone using QCMA on a Mac? I'm on OSX 10.7.5 (Lion), the app crashes on launch. If you're successfully using it in OSX, which OS version are you on? Anyone know if this'll work with Windows XP?

Thanks.

I have XP on PC and SL on Mac and I always had problems with QCMA, after installing it worked, then from the day after QCMA doesn't see my Vita aymore, I gave up and I'll try again when I have updated S.O.

Top Bottom