• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

This morning I could not sign to PSN. Is this just the change in terms of services or they have released a new firmware update already to block this?

blackw0lf

Two questions.

1. I just got a new Vita. Can I somehow manually update the firmware to 3.60? If so how? I'm on 3.51 right now

2. Is it possible to run through homebrew Playstation 1 games that you can't get on the store? Really want to play Valkyrie Profile and Lunar 2. And if so how?

Joey Ravn

Banned
I wonder if it'll ever be possible to make henkaku run psp backups =/

What matter most for PSP ISOs is having an ePSP kernel exploit. I don't think HENkaku will help much with that, being a native Vita kernel exploit. Unless it somehow makes it possible to bypass the signature checking required to boot unsigned PSP games. That would be great... but it's just wishful thinking at this point.

Scavenger

Is there a way to add music to my Vita through henkaku? Since I'm not updating my Vita I can't use the content manager.
Use Qcma in offline mode instead of the official Sony content manager assistant. You can also use Qcma to trick a PS3 into believing it's connected to a Vita on the latest firmware, which is useful for transferring PSN bought games from a PS3 to Vita.

suikodan

Is there a way to clear the Vita Web Browser's cache or something? The browser always crashes on my Vita, even after restarting it.

I don't really want to "format" it yet if I can avoid that.

Use Qcma in offline mode instead of the official Sony content manager assistant. You can also use Qcma to trick a PS3 into believing it's connected to a Vita on the latest firmware, which is useful for transferring PSN bought games from a PS3 to Vita.

Thanks. How do I get my vita registered on the program?

Anyone test the retroarch GBA emulation cores? mGBA really struggles with some pokeman romhacks I've been trying to load.

Namely, Pokemon Throwback (fire red +, basically) is extremely low FPS and Liquid Crystal doesn't even load.

TheContact

Sorry if this was asked before but is it possible to play psp games and/or psp games with henkaku? I've been waiting for star ocean second story to come to vita and now I feel like I have a chance

Shaneus

With the latter, I found issues with a good number of games that just wouldn't transfer to my Vita on 3.36. I bought (I think?) the Castlevania PSP game, but when opening the content manager on my Vita itself I couldn't select it for transfer. Was the same for a couple of other titles, too.

TheContact

I installed mgba and put a rom in a rom folder but when I open it, it crashes and saves a dump report. Any idea what I did wrong? Do I need to download the bios too?

Edit: Never mind, tried again and it worked. Weird

Just wondering, but has anyone come across a way using HENKaku to adjust saved and default settings for PS1 classics? I reeeaaally would like to be able to set up custom screen sizes via a text-based interface - dragging with the touch screen is finicky as hell.

opie211

I haven't kept up with the thread to know if this has been mentioned, but there is a way to send games from PSN store on the PC to your Vita. When you log in the PC PSN Store, you can go to your download list. There you can click on a game and download it to your VITA. It doesn't happen instantly, but eventually when you power on your vita from sleep mode you will notice games ready to install. I'm still on 3.6 and able to do this, so I assume anyone running this Henkaku will be able to.

I haven't kept up with the thread to know if this has been mentioned, but there is a way to send games from PSN store on the PC to your Vita. When you log in the PC PSN Store, you can go to your download list. There you can click on a game and download it to your VITA. It doesn't happen instantly, but eventually when you power on your vita from sleep mode you will notice games ready to install. I'm still on 3.6 and able to do this, so I assume anyone running this Henkaku will be able to.

This works, but only for those who are logged in to their PSN accounts already (something that requires 3.61 to do otherwise).

Taruranto

Bleah, looks like my Vita automatically downloaded 3.61 somehow despite the fact I was sure I disabled the auto-update download, so I get prompted to upgrade to 3.61 instead of 3.60 now.

I'm still on 3.52, so I'll be able to upgrade 3.60 later, right? I don't care if I need to format or whatever.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Reinstalling this upon rebooting is really unreliable, to the point that I hope that local version just works, so it can replace that.

Bleah, looks like my Vita automatically downloaded 3.61 somehow despite the fact I was sure I disabled the auto-update download, so I get prompted to upgrade to 3.61 instead of 3.60 now.

I'm still on 3.52, so I'll be able to upgrade 3.60 later, right? I don't care if I need to format or whatever.

There's a guide on reddit on how to manually update to 3.60, can't find the link right now but find the henkaku thread, or the 3.61 update thread, search the comments and you'll spot it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Where is located the saves of the vita games? I want to do a backup

In the game themselves.

...Yes, that's as dumb as you read it. Because Sony don't want people to do that due to "hacking" (lol).

You'll have to go through the game themselves to find the encrypted save file. Or do some bullshit with CMA to get the saves while the game is transferring. It's not worth the bother. Just back up the games somewhere on an external harddrive.

Any work on a way to load PSP/PS1 games yet? Everything else so far is genuinely useless to me.

Maybe I should just get a new battery for my PSP.

Top Bottom