• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

RalchAC

At least he admit that they did it for piracy reason. And the "if we hadnt done it, someone else would have" reason is also a bit strange in my opinion, its not like that changes things one way or another, but it might be true that someone else might have done it instead. And that Sony doesnt make Vita games doesnt indicate if its dead or not. As long as games being made, thats what matters.

But i agree that it probably wont have that much effect on sales. Maybe some people will change their habbits, but overall i dont think it will have much of an affect to be honest.

Even if I don't agree with what he has said, I can't say I don't understand it. The Vita is still getting some support, but the kind of games that keep getting released on the system are quite niche.

So, unless you are part of a specific audience, you would probably feel the Vita is as dead as any 7th gen device. At said point, they probably feel there isn't any damage that can be done even if people pirate games for the system.

Now, China. Time to develop and release a MemCard knock off that doesn't cost a hundred bucks. Piracy should increase Vita demand over there :p

Prolly asked before but what update do u need to be for Vita for this Vitaminwater thing?

Athreous

i guess my biggest fear is getting banned for getting trophies (even though its with games i own and dumped) I do actually use my vita regularly with PS+ freebies and such too... so i just dont know how viable it is to keep henkaku... especially if it bans my PSN ID which is my main on PS4 and PS3 as well. im really thinking i may just eat the cost of a new PSP battery... so i have at least something to play SNES/PS1/PSP games on... ugh... Vita snes is awesome though... :(

If you use PSN and Plus, I'd recommend to buy a vita just to play your backups/homebrew

Megatron

I just got a new vita. Not out of the box yet. Can I connect it to my ps3 and load the games I downloaded to it without uodating my firmware? Can I sign the vita into my psn account without updating the firmware?

Also I have a 32 gig memory card from my old vita. Can I use it and the games on it without reformatting?

Does anyone know the answer to any of these?

test_account

XP-39C²
Even if I don't agree with what he has said, I can't say I don't understand it. The Vita is still getting some support, but the kind of games that keep getting released on the system are quite niche.

So, unless you are part of a specific audience, you would probably feel the Vita is as dead as any 7th gen device. At said point, they probably feel there isn't any damage that can be done even if people pirate games for the system.

Now, China. Time to develop and release a MemCard knock off that doesn't cost a hundred bucks. Piracy should increase Vita demand over there :p
Sure, i just mean that i think that the Vita would have been in the same situation as it is now eventhough that Sony themself had still made a few games for it. Overall, the system is "dead", so piracy happening now is at least better than it happening 2-3 years ago.

L.O.R.D

i am trying to install VHBL using henkaku
i have pool hall pro game
what should i do? i don't want to use the email trick.
i backed up my game using QCMA and transferred PBOOT.PBP to the game folder,then backed it up again and restore the save file VHBL01234.
but the image of pool hall pro didn't change,only the name.
Anyone?

aceloop

Neo Member

don't need to do email trick with 3.60

1. Make sure you have HENkaku booted.
2. Go download and install your PSP demo/game.
3. Load up molecular Shell, hit select or use your FTP bubble you may already have installed.
4. Connect to your PS Vita/PSTV with FTP.
5. Put pboot.pbp (that came in the .rar you got from the beginning) in ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/xx/replace xx with your game name. (If you don’t know the game folder ID look here for minis).
6. Put the folder VHBL01234 in ux0:pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA (So it looks like this:ux0:pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA/VHBL01234). Note: You can also transfer the vhbl01234 game save with cma or qcma on the pc, just place it in the psavedata folder on you pc. It’s were cma or qcma keeps all your files for the vita or pstv.
Reboot into recovery (just hold right trigger and home as yo press power till the list with rebuild shows up), rebuild db’s, and that’s it you will see your new bubble in your live area!!!

also Google is your friend as they say.

Chesskid1

Banned
added a bit about vitamin to the OP.

never would i have thought we would have vita game backups before PSP

need digital foundry to do a 333mhz vs 444mhz comparision to see if games are really running better, haha.

L.O.R.D

don't need to do email trick with 3.60

1. Make sure you have HENkaku booted.
2. Go download and install your PSP demo/game.
3. Load up molecular Shell, hit select or use your FTP bubble you may already have installed.
4. Connect to your PS Vita/PSTV with FTP.
5. Put pboot.pbp (that came in the .rar you got from the beginning) in ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/xx/replace xx with your game name. (If you don’t know the game folder ID look here for minis).
6. Put the folder VHBL01234 in ux0:pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA (So it looks like this:ux0:pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA/VHBL01234). Note: You can also transfer the vhbl01234 game save with cma or qcma on the pc, just place it in the psavedata folder on you pc. It’s were cma or qcma keeps all your files for the vita or pstv.
Reboot into recovery (just hold right trigger and home as yo press power till the list with rebuild shows up), rebuild db’s, and that’s it you will see your new bubble in your live area!!!

also Google is your friend as they say.

oh,i forgot the rebuild data base.
thanks,i'll try it right now.

edit:it's not working.
edit 2:it worked now with a mini game.

spons

Gold Member
Vitamin compatibility is ass, unfortunately. What's even more unfortunate is that he didn't make Vitamin open-source, only the plugin. Meh, I'll not use it. I don't want to lose my digital games by getting banned, even if backing up everything is a blessing. Hopefully Sony will keep up PSN for a long time...

Powwa

I think that's quite a naive approach, and just look at upcoming releases there are plenty of games coming over (both niche and mid tier). I know from my own country that if there is piracy available at least %70-80 of that audience will go with the "free" route, up until now people were at least waiting for a sale to buy these games. Expect a significant drop in countries where disposable income is not high (I know they weren't too high to begin with but still).

This won't really effect Japan since they were never too much into piracy, but it puts future localizations at risk. I wish they could've waited a year or two then the device would be truly done and it wouldn't hurt anyone. Oh well, what's done is done now.

killatopak

Gold Member
If this could make me use the free dlcs that come with my japanese games on my NA account then this is perfect! I've been missing out on dlcs alot on imports.

Guys, I want to test Retroarch with this, but I fear my PSN will get banned. How do I sign out of it? I know you'd go to the PSN Network settings, but it asks me to update. How do I do it? Sorry if it's been asked.

Edit: ALL RIGHT, I put it into Flight Mode and then I was able to sign out. If anyone's wondering the same as I was, there it is.

Tried turning your vita off and on?

Yeah, twice and cleared cookies. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the error code meant. I think it's just something I have to bruteforce.

What are some methods you guys tried, after getting an error? Just hitting refresh, closing the web browser and trying again, just restarting after 3 tries?

Which url worked for you as well? Theirs henkaku.me, henkaku.xyz, and then go.henkaku.xyz

Eylos

Banned
question about saves on vita, what i believed is that the saves are stored on ux0>patch>gameid

I made a backup of one game everything nice, uninstaled the game, then i tested to see if it works, re-instaled the game, and placed the folder save on the patch folder again

But it appears like it has no save game in the game, what i have done wrong? =/

edit: just found out that the folder is savedata0, fuck lost my save =(

Megatron

I thought installing games via PS3 was a way around updating the firmware? I have a new vita 3.51 and whenever I connect to my PS3 it asks me to update my firmware. What do. Have to do? Put the custom firmware on first?

Edit - never mind, I see it in the ot.

Shaneus

Yes. Only games dumped with Vitamin 1.0 (the official release) can use the plugin system (press Select for a few seconds while in-game).
It's a shame we can't get 444MHz mode working with ePSP, I can think of a few PSP titles I have that would benefit from it.

killatopak

Gold Member
Anyone else feel a bit filthy in here these days?

only if you're in for the express purpose of pirating then you should feel dirty. I myself just want to access things that should be available in the first place like a different region's dlcs that I couldn't use and games like BBS and CC that isn't available due to some copyright stuff even if I do own them on PSN.

To be fair, if these result in upcoming Vita games and the Vita itself to lose sales then I kinda feel dirty.

I'm just going to give up for the night. Been trying to install henkaku on and off while now and it seems like either the websites not woking for me or I just have really shitty luck.

Edit: I lied and tried one more time, this time actually typing out the url and it worked. F me.

Skyzard

Banned
only if you're in for the express purpose of pirating then you should feel dirty. I myself just want to access things that should be available in the first place like a different region's dlcs that I couldn't use and games like BBS and CC that isn't available due to some copyright stuff even if I do own them on PSN.

To be fair, if these result in upcoming Vita games and the Vita itself to lose sales then I kinda feel dirty.

I'm here for the emu's...which i guess is hypocritical in a way, but those nice indies that are releasing on Vita.... :(

killatopak

Gold Member

Sorry, I don't own them on PSN but I do have physical copies of them. I was mainly pointing out games that should be available yet not for some reasons like Crash. I know there are some work around like transferring them through your ps3 but there are people who don't own ps3s or people like me who broke them and it YLOD. Why there is even the need for ps3 transferring to vita is beyond me.

Some people might've asked already, but does the recent development means that it would be possible to get Trails Evo patched with the OG Trails translated script? Since it would never come stateside because of the legal problems.

iosefe

Dude...... :(
image.php

T-Rex.

Banned
Has there been anything on translating games that are in Japanese only? I know there was talk of it at the start but doesn't seem like much has happened.

Top Bottom