• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been anything on translating games that are in Japanese only? I know there was talk of it at the start but doesn't seem like much has happened.

It will probably be a while before fan translations are a feasible thing, and even longer before any are released since they take a lot of time to make.

tensuke

I've been playing some PC games with moonlight, still have the same Remote Play problems of needing the back touchpad, but the touchscreen works as the mouse and for a lot of games it works great. Really enjoying that!

T-Rex.

Banned
It will probably be a while before fan translations are a feasible thing, and even longer before any are released since they take a lot of time to make.
For a lot of games fan translations already exist online (such as the Fate VN) so I was hoping it'd be easy to English patch games like that but doesn't seem like it. Still, I don't mind waiting.

Psxphile

For a lot of games fan translations already exist online (such as the Fate VN) so I was hoping it'd be easy to English patch games like that but doesn't seem like it. Still, I don't mind waiting.

It's not like you can just cut and paste several files and rebuild the image like all those undubs. Actual effort is required.

L.O.R.D

Question,we app and homebrew installed via henkaku can't be run after i restart my Vita?
I understand i must install molecular shell every time,but why Vita she'll and other apps?

test_account

XP-39C²
Question,we app and homebrew installed via henkaku can't be run after i restart my Vita?
I understand i must install molecular shell every time,but why Vita she'll and other apps?
I would guess its because everything thats installed via HENkaku isnt officially signed (they dont have the encryption keys). So when you reboot the Vita, the Vita doesnt see any of the installed stuff as legit apps.

L.O.R.D

I would guess its because everything thats installed via HENkaku isnt officially signed (they dont have the encryption keys). So when you reboot the Vita, the Vita doesnt see any of the installed stuff as legit apps.
Aha,that's seems to be the case,thanks.

i wonder how Sony will know if someone playing a legit game or pirated one.

Blastoise

Banned
My Persona 4 dump doesn't work when I try and load up my old save data. I get a file corrupt error.

But if I delete everything Persona 4 off my system and then make a dump. I can run the game just fine with a cartridge.

Is this common?

L.O.R.D

My Persona 4 dump doesn't work when I try and load up my old save data. I get a file corrupt error.

But if I delete everything Persona 4 off my system and then make a dump. I can run the game just fine with a cartridge.

Is this common?
They just released new version of the dumping app,try it.

bilas

Banned
I'm really out of the loop with this. I installed Henkaku back in the day but if I turn off the Vita how can I reinstall it again? 'Cause using the browser you need 3.61 firmware, I think...

Dambrosi

Banned
I'm really out of the loop with this. I installed Henkaku back in the day but if I turn off the Vita how can I reinstall it again? 'Cause using the browser you need 3.61 firmware, I think...
No. I've updated HENkaku twice via browser on 3.60, no problems whatsoever.

Make sure to turn off auto-updates in Settings before you do, though.

God damnit, why does everything always happen to me?

So I wanted to get the new molecular shell i was still on v 0.6

So I powered off my Vita, and turned it back on. went to the henkaku site and everything started downloading just fine, till the end where it said henkaku failed.

So, i figured I'd delete the old one and try again. Deleted it and now molecular shell still fails to load, great! Now I don't have any shell on on my vita, and here's the kicker........my roms and emulators still work.

So i can still open MGBA, etc and load a rom but I can't get the molecular shell back. Someone tell me WTF happened.

EDIT: My system software now says it's 3.60 )(two chinese characters-4. WTH did i do?

EDIT 2: Everything is fine, now. I took out my game cartridge and it installed, for some reason. false alarm everyone.

Don't delete molecular shelll to upgrade. just reinstall henkaku. Sounds like your installation failed. just try again.

The version number with the characters indicates you're on henkaku, but perhaps the entire exploit didn't finish.

So a few questions

What is the significance of the upcoming PSVita Kernel Exploit?

Will it allow hacking of 3.61 Vitas? USB Transfer?

Cartridge Mods for extra storage... It is possible?

Trogdor1123

So a few questions

Could someone explain this stuff in layman's? Does this mean it's about to be completely cracked open?

Fardeen

God damnit, why does everything always happen to me?

So I wanted to get the new molecular shell i was still on v 0.6

So I powered off my Vita, and turned it back on. went to the henkaku site and everything started downloading just fine, till the end where it said henkaku failed.

So, i figured I'd delete the old one and try again. Deleted it and now molecular shell still fails to load, great! Now I don't have any shell on on my vita, and here's the kicker........my roms and emulators still work.

So i can still open MGBA, etc and load a rom but I can't get the molecular shell back. Someone tell me WTF happened.

EDIT: My system software now says it's 3.60 )(two chinese characters-4. WTH did i do?

open vita browser

go to
https://henkaku.xyz/

let it install, u will get ur new henkaku and molecular shell :D

test_account

XP-39C²
Aha,that's seems to be the case,thanks.

i wonder how Sony will know if someone playing a legit game or pirated one.
In theory it should work, but i have no idea if they have checks in place for that.

So a few questions

I dont think that there are any upcoming kernel exploits besides HENkaku? HENkaku is already a kernel exploit. The problem on newer firmware is to find a way to launch this. Look at PS3 for example, despite even the encryption keys being known and everything is basically hacked, its not possible to install CFW on firmware 3.60 and above.

Sakwoff

So I've been trying to install Henkaku for a while now. I get as far as the "Welcome to Henkaku" screen, and after that a browser error which restarts the whole process.

Firmware is 3.60.

Should I just keep trying? I've been running the thing for about half an hour now to no avail.

So I've been trying to install Henkaku for a while now. I get as far as the "Welcome to Henkaku" screen, and after that a browser error which restarts the whole process.

Firmware is 3.60.

Should I just keep trying? I've been running the thing for about half an hour now to no avail.

Keep trying
Reset browser settings
Restart browser
Remove and reinsert memory card
Remove cart
If it fails 10 times, reboot
Turn off bluetooth

Foffy

Banned
As someone who has had the right firmware for quite a while but didn't really tamper with this, is it too late for me to try? I'm not sure how to disable future updates from installing, or if I've missed a window with an internet connection and stuffs.

As someone who has had the right firmware for quite a rile but didn't really tamper with this, is it too late for me to try? I'm not sure how to disable future updates from installing, or if I've missed a window with an internet connection and stuffs.

If you are 3.60 or less you are good

Sakwoff

Keep trying
Reset browser settings
Restart browser
Remove and reinsert memory card
Remove cart
If it failes 10 times, reboot
Turn off bluetooth

Thanks a lot! Worked. :)

That thing where I've been tinkering with PCs for 25 years, and it for some reason didn't occur to me to just reboot the damn system. Well then.

As someone who has had the right firmware for quite a while but didn't really tamper with this, is it too late for me to try? I'm not sure how to disable future updates from installing, or if I've missed a window with an internet connection and stuffs.

The latest Henkaku disables updates for you and also currently allows PSN access (though give warning)

You are golden bro

Foffy

Banned
The latest Henkaku disables updates for you and also currently allows PSN access (though give warning)

You are golden bro

Should I just follow the OP? Is there a differentiation between setting this up on Vita and PS TV? I glanced by a post that said Vitamin got PS TV support, making me think some underpinnings are different.

Should I just follow the OP? Is there a differentiation between setting this up on Vita and PS TV? I glanced by a post that said Vitamin got PS TV support, making me think some underpinnings are different.

Its literally as simple as visiting the website

As long as you are already on 3.60

If not there should be a few guides around.

You will need an FTP program to move files back and forth

Its one of the most simple hacking processes I have ever used

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is Henkaku permanent now? Or stand by is a must still?

You'll still need to re-install Henkaku every time the system reboots. If you're worried about that happening somewhere you won't have Wifi access, there is an offline installer you can load through the email app.

horkrux

I'm waiting especially for this.

Really hope it happens one day. About to snag a copy on ebay today *_*

The persona 4 undub is easier to install now that there is a premade package.

Now i finally can beat it. It was teasing me from the psn account

P4 Dancing All Night has been undubbed too.

I just realised that since P5 will have a PS3 release, it's still possible to play P5 as undubbed if you still have a hackable PS3. Those are probably hard to find these days though.

Chuy

so now i don't need that method in your link?
just a package installer?
Basically what you need is to look up how to install developer pkg installer. Afterwards follow the other link's instructions and you'll have the games installed.

tensuke

I wonder if anyone started working on a Steam streaming app.

There's Moonlight that works with Nvidia Gamestream, it launches steam when you run it so you can stream any steam game (or probably any game you add to steam's library, you can also supposedly stream your entire desktop with this but since no keyboard, meh). Don't think there's anything else atm so if your gpu isn't compatible with Gamestream you're sol right now.

Top Bottom