• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

It's possible an official release of Vitamin will be released sometime tonight :https://twitter.com/theflow0/with_replies

Hold on to your butts

So I've uninstalled CMA, but QCMA still isn't working for me properly. I've read you have to use Zadig to fix the USB drivers so it'd work.

Anyone know the proper USB Driver to use?

If you're on Windows 10, set qcma.exe to Windows 7 Compatibility Mode and also check Run as Administrator

test_account

XP-39C²
Well, it seems you're in luck and got your wish granted. HENkaku has been already patched with OFW 3.61, two weeks ago. The Vita is saved.

Also, news!

TheFloW will release an OFFICIAL version of Vitamin today :)
In terms of piracy, 3.61 is probably fairly trivial. That patch came quickly and is likely just there to stop HENkaku from working. Just like with PS3 games requirng 3.56 and 3.60, it was possibe to get those games working on 3.55. Maybe we'll see one for Vita as well when PS4 4.00 hits.

GelGel

Neo Member
It might be trivial in the terms of FW spoofing (new games will maybe work even on the older FW), but I really dont think Henkaku will be enabled for 3.61 FW and up.

It might be trivial in the terms of FW spoofing (new games will maybe work even on the older FW), but I really dont think Henkaku will be enabled for 3.61 FW and up.

Damn shame but never say never

Im golden but my buddy updated and hes kind of bummed about missing the boat on this

Jebusman

Banned
So, are the PSP floodgates open yet? That's all I've wanted.

Right now the farthest they've gotten is that it's possible to transfer PSP/PS1 games that you already own (as you should) to the Vita, that were formerly untransferable (so namely the crash/spyro PS1 games, stuff like that).

LewieP

Right now the farthest they've gotten is that it's possible to transfer PSP/PS1 games that you already own (as you should) to the Vita, that were formerly untransferable (so namely the crash/spyro PS1 games, stuff like that).

You already own on PSN.

I'm more interested in transferring stuff that never had a PSN release.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Is there a way to use other region games I own without having to reset my Vita yet?

From what you're saying, what I understand is that you have two accounts, from two different regions, right? If that's right... well, I guess that you can use Vitamin to dump the games from one account and install them in the other one. Just wait until TheFloW releases his stable version later today. It includes several features not included in the leaked release:

the leaked version has got low compatiblity, no suspend prevention, no 444mhz patch.

RuGalz

From what you're saying, what I understand is that you have two accounts, from two different regions, right? If that's right... well, I guess that you can use Vitamin to dump the games from one account and install them in the other one. Just wait until TheFloW releases his stable version later today. It includes several features not included in the leaked release:

Yea I want to have a few games on my JP PSN account be usable without having to go through the hassle of resetting the system. Great, I guess I'll give it a shot then.

L.O.R.D

i am trying to install VHBL using henkaku
i have pool hall pro game
what should i do? i don't want to use the email trick.
i backed up my game using QCMA and transferred PBOOT.PBP to the game folder,then backed it up again and restore the save file VHBL01234.
but the image of pool hall pro didn't change,only the name.

Athreous

Any news on psp emu?

I really don't care about the ps vita backups, I buy every game I want >_<

I want to play crisis core on that sexy oled >_<

Dropping in to say how fucking happy I am that I'm downloading God Eater 2: Rage Burst while having Henkaku. Thanks to the devs for figuring it out so quickly.

KiraXD

im really conflicted right now... if i already have a psp for emu, which is all id use my vita for... is it even worth staying on Henkaku if i dont care about Homebrew? I really dont want to get my shit banned for being stupid (And ill probably do something stupid)

If i just update the Vita to 3.61 ... it should wipe Henkaku off right? or do i need to manually remove anything?

le.phat

I want to dump my PSX / PSP collection onto the thing so i'm happy that we're getting there... but the eagerness to go off into the piracy deep-end of some of these assholes is just.....ugh....

KiraXD

I want to dump my PSX / PSP collection onto the thing so i'm happy that we're getting there... but the eagerness to go off into the piracy deep-end of some of these assholes is just.....ugh....

man, if i can dump my Crisis Core, maybe i wont get rid of henkaku... my psp doesnt have a battery so id need to search for one before getting that thing mobile again.

IMACOMPUTA

Could we get pso2 digital on a us account this way?

KiraXD

I want CC and KHBBS on my vita so badly. I own the umds.

yup... still have my umds sitting on my shelf... Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, FF Tactics, and Crisis Core, Every Extend Extra, Lumines, and MGSPO... i dont care what anyone says... i loved UMDs, i thought they were so cool.

test_account

XP-39C²
Sure, that is what i mean. Basically, theres no intensive to update the firmware if its possible to play any game on 3.60. Well, there's online multiplayer, but most Vita games are single player games.

While i wouldnt hold my breath for a solution above 3.60, WebKit probably has several of other vulnerabilities in it.

Could we get pso2 digital on a us account this way?
Did they remove the IP block?

spons

Gold Member
The one thing I am extremely glad about in this turn of events: when Sony pulls the plug on PSN on the Vita, I will lose my games. I went all digital and I regret it. Now we finally have backups.

test_account

XP-39C²
https://bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamin

Vitamin officially released by TheFloW. Please, read what he has to say before downloading!
At least he admit that they did it for piracy reason. And the "if we hadnt done it, someone else would have" reason is also a bit strange in my opinion, its not like that changes things one way or another, but it might be true that someone else might have done it instead. And that Sony doesnt make Vita games doesnt indicate if its dead or not. As long as games being made, thats what matters.

But i agree that it probably wont have that much effect on sales. Maybe some people will change their habbits, but overall i dont think it will have much of an affect to be honest.

At least he admit that they did it for piracy reason. And the "if we hadnt done it, someone else would have" reason is also a bit strange in my opinion, its not like that changes things one way or another, but it might be true that someone else might have done it instead.

But i agree that it probably wont have that much effect on sales. Maybe some people will change their habbits, but overall i dont think it will have much of an affect to be honest.

I'm not sure if it's I've just grown out of it or memory card conservation, but I just don't have any desire to pirate. Admittingly, I did alot of it back in the later life of the PSP (though I always ended up buying the games I liked anyway ) but now I would rather show support and buy the games - especially when localization is such a gamble.

I just hope the community shows some type of responsibility.

If piracy is what forces Sony to push updates on people for newer games, I guess I'll have to leave HENKaku.

I'm loving having a portable Neo Geo (with the Humble Bundle games) on the go, but I also want to support new releases.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is a reminder to everyone here now that piracy is a thing on the Vita

NeoGAF Terms of Service said:
D. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy in the context of the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software, and livestreams of pirated software play are all strictly prohibited.

I'm not sure if it's I've just grown out of it or memory card conservation, but I just don't have any desire to pirate. Admittingly, I did alot of it back in the later life of the PSP (though I always ended up buying the games I liked anyway ) but now I would rather show support and buy the games - especially when localization is such a gamble.

I don't really get pirating Vita games.

Like I can see if you're young and poor maybe full priced games are just inaccessible.

But Vita games even 6 months after release tend to have extremely deep discounts on the PS Store. You could build a large library of games on a shoestring budget by focusing on sales.

This is a reminder to everyone here now that piracy is a thing on the Vita

Does the Vitamin software fall under this rule?

Taruranto

So I've uninstalled CMA, but QCMA still isn't working for me properly. I've read you have to use Zadig to fix the USB drivers so it'd work.

Anyone know the proper USB Driver to use?

It took me many tries, but it eventually worked for me.

Try removing Vita USB driver from your installed drivers menu (Sorry, can't remember how it is called in the english control panel), reboot the PC and then do one step at time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does the Vitamin software fall under this rule?

Discussion of Vitamin is okay, discussion of how to run / install games created with Vitamin or where to obtain them from others is not.

suikodan

It can change the processor speed in games that are not actually designed to use the 444 MHz mode :)

Ostensibly, new plugins could be developed, like in the PSP days, since the Vitamin source code is open source.

Ok, I just read the txt file.

Any list of games that are enhanced by this?

test_account

XP-39C²

We'll see if any publisher make any comment on it. But even so, natural decline is possible, every game is an unique case after all. I cant really see it having a big effect.

I don't really get pirating Vita games.

Like I can see if you're young and poor maybe full priced games are just inaccessible.

But Vita games even 6 months after release tend to have extremely deep discounts on the PS Store. You could build a large library of games on a shoestring budget by focusing on sales.
Not speaking for myself here, but one reason is that free trumps cost. Basically "why pay when i can get it for free". It doesnt require 6 months waiting for a sale either.

I think the games that'll get hit the most by piracy are the English Asian versions of Japanese games that release on Vita and PS4, because of how expensive they are to import, the hassle of having a separate Asian PSN if you want the DLC, and the need to buy Asian PSN cards if you want to go digital on those titles. Obviously, most of the PS4 versions are going to be better, but stuff like SRPGs would be roughly equivalent.

So I don't want to get my account banned, can I use this on my pstv with another account and use my regular vita for my trophies and stuff?

Lime

So I don't want to get my account banned, can I use this on my pstv with another account and use my regular vita for my trophies and stuff?

You can use it to access PSN without having to update.

If you don't want to contact Sony's servers at all, then just don't access PSN.

Glix

Vitamin officially released! The Flow seems like a good dude, what a shitty situation.

I wasn't interested in the release at all... but now I see this overclocking stuff!!!! Super cool!

Will wait until people get around to testing what games really get a good stable boost from it, but seems awesome!

You can use it to access PSN without having to update.

If you don't want to contact Sony's servers at all, then just don't access PSN.

But how would I get my games downloaded if I can't access PSN? I figured that was impossible without connecting and risking my account

how to emulators run, figure it might be better than my wii I've been using

Lime

But how would I get my games downloaded if I can't access PSN? I figured that was impossible without connecting and risking my account

how to emulators run, figure it might be better than my wii I've been using

Use a PS3 if you want to avoid calling the PSN servers

Otherwise just use PSN through Henkaku. I doubt Sony would go as far as to ban your account

KiraXD

i guess my biggest fear is getting banned for getting trophies (even though its with games i own and dumped) I do actually use my vita regularly with PS+ freebies and such too... so i just dont know how viable it is to keep henkaku... especially if it bans my PSN ID which is my main on PS4 and PS3 as well. im really thinking i may just eat the cost of a new PSP battery... so i have at least something to play SNES/PS1/PSP games on... ugh... Vita snes is awesome though... :(

Top Bottom