• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

L.O.R.D

Basically what you need is to follow the instructions of this video[/URL] in order to install the developer pkg installer. Afterwards follow the other link's instructions and you'll have the games installed.

ahhh,forget it about it,too much work
new8.gif
,this video show how to install DRM free pkg,not game like crash.

Chuy

ahhh,forget it about it,too much work
clear.png
,this video show how to install DRM free pkg,not game like crash.
It's one thing it can do but it basically allows installing a pkg files you already own you just have to transfer your license onto it. I managed to get the crash games on my vita this way.

L.O.R.D

It's one thing it can do but it basically allows installing a pkg files you already own you just have to transfer your license onto it. I managed to get the crash games on my vita this way.

but who i can get the license file? i don't have PSP,only PS3.

L.O.R.D

ok,i am using PKG Installer 2.0 to install YS8 demo to my vita
opened PKG Installer 2.0 on my vita and opened the other on my PC,selected the .pkg file and ip and hit install,after finishing it tells me to reboot my vita,after rebooting my vita i see it's about to install,but it gives me error.

what should i do?

edit:fuck yah it worked.
i wish all JP demos are DRM free.

Anony

why is vita's wifi so slow? local wireless network and i'm getting ~300kbps transfers

has anyone tried transferring via qcma?
i tried renaming a .vpk file to .mp4 and i can't find it

Blastoise

Banned
Tried 1.1 of Vitamin. Still can't get my Person 4 dump to work with my old saves. I get an error.

I'm actually more worried about burn in than anything else. The dumps take a long time, and the screen is pretty much static.

why is vita's wifi so slow? local wireless network and i'm getting ~300kbps transfers

I did this. I had to check/uncheck the QCMA options of "Look automatically for video files" and it worked flawlessly, over 2GB in less(?) than 10 mins.

I just realized that Henkaku + Vitamin is going to revolutionize VN fan translation. There are a lot of VNs which were re-released on Vita with enhancements over the original PC version or as collections of content.

Examples:

Fate/stay night Realta Nua for Vita has new cutscenes animated by ufotable. There is no other way to get these except on the Vita version.

Fate/hollow ataraxia for Vita is fully voiced. The PC version never had voice work. I don't know if anyone ever back-ported voices to F/HA the way they did for F/SN.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui (also available on PS3) is a complete collection of all previously released chapters on all platforms, fully voiced, plus additional content.

I think it's your router. I can transfer at 2.0 MB/s from my laptop to my Vita, both on WiFi. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. I haven't tried the QCMA trick.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone post some information about getting Moonlight going for me? I'm going to dig out my old 1000 model and try and get it going on that.

Joey Ravn

Banned
That's really nice. Do you know if I can merge the update with the resulting folder, so I don't have to manually move it to my Vita through FTP once the game is installed?

Edit: This can be potentially amazing, if it turns out to be real. Fake SCEA licenses for PSP and PSX games.

Source.

Again, this can be nothing. But the video seems to be real.

#TeamBelieve
#MakeePSPGreatAgain

Damn.

But would this work with PSP / PSX games not available on PSN?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Damn.

But would this work with PSP / PSX games not available on PSN?

I honestly don't know. If you could repackage those games and install them with a PKG... I guess so? It's a wild, wild guess, though.

I would wait until it's actually release to talk about anything beyond games available on the PSN. It's not a kernel exploit, after all.

any (legit) reports of bans yet?

None that I'm aware of. At least, nobody has reported anything on Reddit, Wololo or HackInformer.

PS: I just realized that "HackInformer" is a pun on GameInformer. Brightest of my generation!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Got Moonlight going. It's been pretty unstable but 4K downsampled to 576p is pretty crisp haha.

image1iq8n.jpeg

Hope it gets updated a little. It would be great to use it often.

Edit: I did not expect this game to be unplayable due to lag. That was surprising.

Vuze

Got Moonlight going. It's been pretty unstable but 4K downsampled to 576p is pretty crisp haha.

Edit: I did not expect this game to be unplayable due to lag. That was surprising.
Pretty cool will try to set this up later. Didn't have much luck with Gamestream on my Shield TV (never got it working) so it would be hilarious if it actually worked with this.

I picked up my Vita today after several months to update it to 3.60 and install Henkaku. Pretty pumped to finally use it a bit after all haha.

Vuze

Holy shit, using FTP on the Vita actually gets shit done. 3mbps throughput :eek:
Meanwhile on 3DS I don't even get 1mbps transfer rate

Producer

I just realized that Henkaku + Vitamin is going to revolutionize VN fan translation. There are a lot of VNs which were re-released on Vita with enhancements over the original PC version or as collections of content.

Examples:

Fate/stay night Realta Nua for Vita has new cutscenes animated by ufotable. There is no other way to get these except on the Vita version.

Fate/hollow ataraxia for Vita is fully voiced. The PC version never had voice work. I don't know if anyone ever back-ported voices to F/HA the way they did for F/SN.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui (also available on PS3) is a complete collection of all previously released chapters on all platforms, fully voiced, plus additional content.

I think it's your router. I can transfer at 2.0 MB/s from my laptop to my Vita, both on WiFi. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. I haven't tried the QCMA trick.

I dunno man. Maybe once we get CFW and Vitamin goes through a number of updates. Even then, i think most fan translators will focus on other unlocalized vita games. Working on games that already have fan translation on PC doesnt seem that likely but you never know.

tensuke

Yeah, I've avoided anything that relies on timing too much. But I've played Obduction with it a lot and it's really great when it works.

Vuze

Which FTP program are you using?
I'm using WinSCP (client on PC) and VitaShell as server (not even sure if there is any other yet anyway).

E: Wrapped up a little tool for unpacking the trophy data files, icon size is actually pretty okay (240x240)
Simply drag and drop the file onto the application and it should unpack. Download/source: https://github.com/mhvuze/TRPUnpack/releases/tag/1.0

E2: Man, moonlight doesn't work. "Can't connect to server (null)" despite having the correct IP and all set. Probably the same issue as with Shield TV, no idea what the heck is wrong :( Ah well.

I dunno man. Maybe once we get CFW and Vitamin goes through a number of updates. Even then, i think most fan translators will focus on other unlocalized vita games. Working on games that already have fan translation on PC doesnt seem that likely but you never know.

If it's already been translated, they can just port the existing script over. There is already a group working on doing that for the Fate Vita releases.

L.O.R.D

ok,i am getting paranoid about the ban things,especially after i signed in using letest version of henkaku to buy a game+DLC.

and that thread in GBAtemp is giving me more worry,i know no one report for a ban but still.

how the ban happened on PS3? people getting account ban just for modifying their PS3 or they pirate the games on it?

Caim

ok,i am getting paranoid about the ban things,especially after i signed in using letest version of henkaku to buy a game+DLC.

and that thread in GBAtemp is giving me more worry,i know no one report for a ban but still.

how the ban happened on PS3? people getting account ban just for modifying their PS3 or they pirate the games on it?

There is an app called VitaToolbox that erases all app history or something to that effect.

ss_lemonade

Man, moonlight doesn't work. "Can't connect to server (null)" despite having the correct IP and all set. Probably the same issue as with Shield TV, no idea what the heck is wrong :( Ah well.

Had the same problem the other day, but it was because my server.txt file had some jibberish characters in it because I accidently had the wrong encoding in there (took a random .ini file from my computer, transferred it over via ftp, renamed it to server.txt and edited that)

#1 Best Thing Ever About Henkaku on the PSTV

How to permanently remove the fucking Featured Items app from the PSTV

It's that stupid app with advertisements which is permanently on the PSTV. Since the PSTV is abandoned in the West, it hasn't even had anything new showing on it for at least a year. And it always gets in the way when you're scrolling from the Live Area to your open apps/games. Fuck that thing and fuck Sony for thinking this was remotely a good idea. I took off nuked it from orbit, it was the only way to be sure.

Caim

Do you still sign in like Norma and using this app?

Yeah I'm pretty sure you do, but I think you can still access it in Flight Mode. I don't know how much help it will be for your situation though. /: On the brightside, I have yet to see any bans either.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

It's that stupid app with advertisements which is permanently on the PSTV. Since the PSTV is abandoned in the West, it hasn't even had anything new showing on it for at least a year. And it always gets in the way when you're scrolling from the Live Area to your open apps/games. Fuck that thing and fuck Sony for thinking this was remotely a good idea. I took off nuked it from orbit, it was the only way to be sure.

Really useful. Looks like when you restart it should disable vitarw so you can't screw anything up with it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's really nice. Do you know if I can merge the update with the resulting folder, so I don't have to manually move it to my Vita through FTP once the game is installed?

Edit: This can be potentially amazing, if it turns out to be real. Fake SCEA licenses for PSP and PSX games.

Source.

Again, this can be nothing. But the video seems to be real.

#TeamBelieve
#MakeePSPGreatAgain

Seems like a lot of hassle for something that should be "find whatever is blacklisting you from being able to use the PSP PSX emulators, delete that. Put your EBOOT.PBP's on the stick. Run. ????. Enjoy!"

azmodan79

Neo Member
So, noob question here:

I've upgraded one of my (2) PsVita to 3.60 and installed Henkaku succesfully, manged to run the Snes emu and having a blast.

The other PsVita in my posession is still on 3.50 and has ARK installed (with MajorTom's method).

I fear that upgrading my second Vita to 3.60 would render ARK unusable (due to the removal of the PSP emulator exploit in the 3.60 firmware "upgrade").

Anyone know for sure?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Seems like a lot of hassle for something that should be "find whatever is blacklisting you from being able to use the PSP PSX emulators, delete that. Put your EBOOT.PBP's on the stick. Run. ????. Enjoy!"

You mean a kernel exploit? Yeah, those are really easy to find... Especially after Sony patched all the publicly available ones :p

Vuze

Had the same problem the other day, but it was because my server.txt file had some jibberish characters in it because I accidently had the wrong encoding in there (took a random .ini file from my computer, transferred it over via ftp, renamed it to server.txt and edited that)
Already checked both txt's in a hex editor and they are clean. Ah well, I'll never experience GameStream I guess :p

Man, I wish I never updated my PSTV. That thing is so annoying!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Which version of Experience are you using? I'm at the latest beta build and it's a no go.
Maybe it doesn't work with betas?

I was using the latest beta actually. The pairing worked well but the connection would freeze after a second until I turned Windows firewall off. Double check you've got Gamestream turned on. I was surprised to see if was turned off even though I used to have it on for Moonlight on the iPad.

Pretty cool will try to set this up later. Didn't have much luck with Gamestream on my Shield TV (never got it working) so it would be hilarious if it actually worked with this.

I picked up my Vita today after several months to update it to 3.60 and install Henkaku. Pretty pumped to finally use it a bit after all haha.

I found it worked well after using the 2000kps version and turning off Windows firewall. Hopefully future versions make it a little easier.

Yeah, I've avoided anything that relies on timing too much. But I've played Obduction with it a lot and it's really great when it works.

Yeah it does work well. I was playing some Talos Principle before. I was just surprised South Park actually required such strict timing. I just couldn't get it right with the lag.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Are all the retroarch nes emus relatively the same quality? I can't tell any differences.

Top Bottom