• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

test_account

XP-39C²
Oh yeah. By one or two I was referring to stuff like DQB that I was going to buy just for the sake of showing the Vita some love rather than actually being that interested in it so if it requires 3.61 I'll just skip it rather than update FW to play it. The actual upcoming games that I am really interested in (Steins, Fate etc) I can just get on PS4 so it's not an issue.
If you want to buy something just for support, you can still do so. Just go to the webstore.

Faustek

And people thought me Crazy for having 5 Vitas, if that Saga model happens I'll have another.
Been using my OG fatty to play whatever ps1/p games they let through the store but now I'm on Henkaku eagerly awaiting when I can play PSP2 and some of the PS1/P games only on the US store. Also screw Sony for locking you to one account per system.

And people thought me Crazy for having 5 Vitas, if that Saga model happens I'll have another.
Been using my OG fatty to play whatever ps1/p games they let through the store but now I'm on Henkaku eagerly awaiting when I can play PSP2 and some of the PS1/P games only on the US store. Also screw Sony for locking you to one account per system.
It's still pretty crazy,lol

L.O.R.D

you can use an Vitashell to switch account on 1 vita,but you need a certain file from another account to inject it on your vita,so every now and then you can copy that file that contain your other account to main location in memory to use it.

it's annoying process,i hope someone make a homebrew to simplify the process by just choosing "profile 1" and "profile 2".

RalchAC

Why would requiring the latest firmware increase piracy? If they don't, the game will be out in the open for anyone with Henkaku to illegally download it.

Right now I can just login in PSN, buy whatever game I want, download it legally and play it without worrying. Great.

If they start releasing games that don't work on 3.60 and lock the device out of PSN, you may see people saying whatever and start pirating games.

Wonder if DQ Builders & World of Final Fantasy will use 3.61

Hopefully WoFF doesn't. I would love to play that game on my Vita. I'm not holding my breath though.

If you want to buy something just for support, you can still do so. Just go to the webstore.

He may not want to buy something that he won't be able to play, even if he is buying the game more to support the franchise or system in question. I bet he still wants to get some enjoyment out of the game even if he isn't THAT interested in Dragon Quest meets Minecraft.

Faustek

you can use an Vitashell to switch account on 1 vita,but you need a certain file from another account to inject it on your vita,so every now and then you can copy that file that contain your other account to main location in memory to use it.

it's annoying process,i hope someone make a homebrew to simplify the process by just choosing "profile 1" and "profile 2".

If we're hoping for stuff then I'm hoping for sd card support. A nice, 256gb, still cheaper than the psv ones, would hold nearly all of my bought games and then another for my PS1/P games.

L.O.R.D

it appears that Darkest Dungeon requires 3.61 to play (i think the game is up in EU store?)

2016-09-25-083537.jpg

If we're hoping for stuff then I'm hoping for sd card support. A nice, 256gb, still cheaper than the psv ones, would hold nearly all of my bought games and then another for my PS1/P games.

there is 256GB microSD card but it's $200.

test_account

XP-39C²
He may not want to buy something that he won't be able to play, even if he is buying the game more to support the franchise or system in question. I bet he still wants to get some enjoyment out of the game even if he isn't THAT interested in Dragon Quest meets Minecraft.
Thats true. Just saying that if the main motivator for the purchase is to show support (as in that you have very little interest in playing the game), such thing is still possible even without having the latest firmware installed. Dragon Quest Builders is also on PS4, so he can just get that as well if he wants to play it.

For PS TVs, trying to enable USB storage seems like a better idea. We know the things can read off of flash drives, so there's less of a tech hurdle than trying to enable SD card support, plus you can get plenty of large storage options pretty cheaply.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
it appears that Darkest Dungeon requires 3.61 to play (i think the game is up in EU store?)

2016-09-25-083537.jpg

there is 256GB microSD card but it's $200.
Is it possible to play 3.61 games with henkaku?

I installed Hexen II from vpkmirror but when I start the game nothing happens.
I have Vita TV.

Someone else had this issue ?
IIRC the vpk is just the executable, you need to put the game content too, it's the same for quake and doom IIRC, i only tried doom and it worked, i don't have enugh space for hexen 2(that was one of my favorite games).

Producer

right now,no,maybe with CFW or level 0 hack.
i don't think the Vita is fully hacked,maybe partial hacked.

why not?
when CFW release it will be possible,or someone can hack the game file it self to make it run on 3.60 instead of 3.61.

Yeah i should have said not anytime soon. My bad.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nope, and dont expect to.

right now,no,maybe with CFW or level 0 hack.
i don't think the Vita is fully hacked,maybe partial hacked.

why not?
when CFW release it will be possible,or someone can hack the game file it self to make it run on 3.60 instead of 3.61.

Since when i installed henkaku i have never accessed the store for precaution, but i was able to syncronize my trophies that need psn access, why trophies yes and games not?

L.O.R.D

Since when i installed henkaku i have never accessed the store for precaution, but i was able to syncronize my trophies that need psn access, why trophies yes and games not?
That's why i said level 0 access,games require more privilege from the system,the flow said that.
If we were able to access that,dumping games will be easier,and change the level of any game you have,and maybe change expire date for plus games.
also the ability to use plugins on the legit games without dumping them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That's why i said level 0 access,games require more privilege from the system,the flow said that.
If we were able to access that,dumping games will be easier,and change the level of any game you have,and maybe change expire date for plus games.
also the ability to use plugins on the legit games without dumping them.

Thanks for the explanation :)

Hey guys,

I know next to nothing about HENKaku, PSN and etc so this may be a really basic question. What safeguards can be taken to remove a PSN account from a Vita? I don't have any sense of what is and isn't safe. I'm also not sure what the effects are of removing a PSN account from the Vita.. can you still play savegames? Is doing this overkill? I've seen people in this thread mention that nobody really knows if there would be consequences but just wanted to get a feel for how others are safeguarding.

Also, I'm on 3.60 but my Vita has downloaded 3.61 and is prompting me to update. Am I safe to move forward?

Thanks!

swit

Hey guys,

I know next to nothing about HENKaku, PSN and etc so this may be a really basic question. What safeguards can be taken to remove a PSN account from a Vita? I don't have any sense of what is and isn't safe. I'm also not sure what the effects are of removing a PSN account from the Vita.. can you still play savegames? Is doing this overkill? I've seen people in this thread mention that nobody really knows if there would be consequences but just wanted to get a feel for how others are safeguarding.

Also, I'm on 3.60 but my Vita has downloaded 3.61 and is prompting me to update. Am I safe to move forward?

Thanks!
no one has been banned yet. But who knows how Sony will deal with it in future. If you update to 3.61 than you won't be able to use Henkku. You can disable auto firmware update in settings (google it if you can't find it).

no one has been banned yet. But who knows how Sony will deal with it in future. If you update to 3.61 than you won't be able to use Henkku. You can disable auto firmware update in settings (google it if you can't find it).

I did do that.. after it downloaded. Haven't applied though. I guess there's no harm in trying.. besides getting banned! Fortunately I don't play too many PSN games these days and plan to let my PS+ expire.

bilas

Banned
Playing Super Meat Boy with the original soundtrack is something I would never imagine on the PS Vita..Such an amazing experience!

IIRC the vpk is just the executable, you need to put the game content too, it's the same for quake and doom IIRC, i only tried doom and it worked, i don't have enugh space for hexen 2(that was one of my favorite games).

You are right, it was late night and little tired, I completely forgot I have to put the "wad" like files ^_^'

I wonder if there will be cheap Vita for Black Friday. I wonder if it's actually worth buying another Vita. I have no interest in WoFF or DQB.

I just hope S;G0 isn't 3.61, otherwise I'll have to buy it for PS4 instead and I would rather have it be portable.

You can enter PlayStation store with henkaku

Thank you for the answer.

I haven't actually used Henkaku at all, is there any way to access the store without updating or using it? I turned off the automatic update setting long before 3.61 came out, I'm basically just trying to see how long I can stall installing it, I'm not currently super committed to using Henkaku for anything, I just don't want to remove my ability to use it unnecessarily.

Arizato

whats ark?

ARK is more or less a Custom PSP emulator firmware for the Vita. It has been used in the previous Vita PSP emu exploits. You can use it to run PSP backups and homebrews. Keep in mind that it is in the Vita PSP emulator and thus gives you access to the regular PSP emulator in the Vita. This means you will get the same power as a regular PSP, not an emulator with upscaling and stuff like that.

RalchAC

ARK is more or less a Custom PSP emulator firmware for the Vita. It has been used in the previous Vita PSP emu exploits. You can use it to run PSP backups and homebrews. Keep in mind that it is in the Vita PSP emulator and thus gives you access to the regular PSP emulator in the Vita. This means you will get the same power as a regular PSP, not an emulator with upscaling and stuff like that.

ARK changed the UI to PSP XMB right? I don't need to download a bunch of demos to have PSP bubbles or anything.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Gonna have to buy a second vita. Undub, translations and cheats are simply too good for me to upgrade just to play a few games.

I updated my Vita because I want to play Darkest Dungeon but I'll likely buy another Vita for translation and undubs. I played several of those on my PSP. It made Valkyria Chronicles II not painful to listen to and Valkyria Chronicles III actually playable (no English Release). Same with cheats. I couldn't be bothered to finish a few games without them. They help smooth out the experience when there is questionable game design that requires annoying grinding.

Arizato

ARK changed the UI to PSP XMB right? I don't need to download a bunch of demos to have PSP bubbles or anything.

ARK uses a much simpler design than the PSP XMB, what you are referring to is TN-V.

I don't exactly know how this new exploit works yet. But previous ePSP exploits needed to have some sort of entry point through a PSP game and then it just booted the Custom Firmware through that.

Because it seems like they're making it so that new games require the 3.61 update to play. Sucks.

Awww that's lame!

I do happen to have a 2nd vita coming but I was planning on selling my old vita-1000. Now it seems like I should probably keep both.

Is there any preference to put henkaku on a 1000 or 2000 because of hardware differences?

Top Bottom