• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If there is a legal way on the same device I think you should use it.

UMD not working on Vita shouldn't be a surprise and is known before buying a Vita.

If you're trying to argue we shouldn't use unofficial features on our consoles, you're in the wrong place. (is that the point you're trying to make? Just get to the point and stop it with the weird insinuations)

Knuxie

Neo Member
Will this allow me to remove HDCP from the VitaTV?

That is literally the ONLY reason I'd want to hack it. That way I can finally stream Vita games without having to spend money on splitters.

If you're trying to argue we shouldn't use unofficial features on our consoles, you're in the wrong place. (is that the point you're trying to make? Just get to the point and stop it with the weird insinuations)
We should, for homebrew or old consoles. Not for games which are ready available on psn.

This seems normal right? You want them, just buy them :)

Maybe it's me.. :)

test_account

XP-39C²
You can do that? Nice.

Hoping for 3rd birthday support then. That one doesn't have a camera move built in even in the d buttons.
Yeah, just hold down on the screen when playing a PSP game, a menu should pop up, if i remember correctly. I played Resistance Retribution this way, worked well enough.

I'm certainly hoping it actually brings analog movement.
That would be sweet.

This doesn't work very well though, since the transitions from left to up, down, etc are not smooth since it's emulating buttons.
that functionality is bunk. The liberty stories functionality is more than just remapping 2 dimensional movement.
Yeah, its digital movement (as in emulating digital button presses, indeed), but does this hack ads analog movement?

We should, for homebrew or old consoles. Not for games which are ready available on psn.

This seems like the Nintendo way of thinking for charging again and again for eshop games.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

If I own them already, I can play them wherever I want.

Yup! Especially especially in this case because the Vita has a built in capability to emulate PSP and PS1 games.

Same for movies... if you want it in another form, just pay... or play it on your psp.

I want all my vhs vids in 4k, so I'm entitled to do so, for free? That's not how it works.

Wrong analogy; the 4k version is a separate entity with orders of magnitude more information. With UMDs you're transferring the information already there (and already owned by you) to a different system; the correct analogy is transferring your old VHS to DVD, grain and all, which actually was a thing back then. Was that piracy?

Wrong analogy; the 4k version is a separate entity with orders of magnitude more information. With UMDs you're transferring the information already there (and already owned by you) to a different system; the correct analogy is transferring your old VHS to DVD, grain and all, which actually was a thing back then. Was that piracy?

Or the tape decks that could move your audio tape to CD. I remember wanting one of those so bad back in the day.

Producer

Maybe we're not on the same page. People are talking about backing up their UMDs, and using those backups on the vita, instead of going to the PSN store to buy a PSP game you already own physically (UMD). I dont think theres any problem with that.

Caderfix

I heard about Henkaku like yesterday, and got very happy that I'd finally be able to play my FFVII CC on my Vita, only find out it's blocked for my current firmware haha

This might be only me, but quick little PSA: It seems that Darkest Dungeons does not work on 3.60. I'm getting a "Requires firmware upgrade" Prompt.

RexNovis

Banned
Nevermind. I see it has already been addressed far more eloquently by others.

Anyway back on topic. How would I go about dumping the UMD discs I own? There are quite a few that are unavailable on PSN that I would love to play on my VIta.

DMNBT

Neo Member
Nevermind. I see it has already been addressed far more eloquently by others.

Anyway back on topic. How would I go about dumping the UMD discs I own? There are quite a few that are unavailable on PSN that I would love to play on my VIta.

With a CFW'd PSP, it's a matter of dragging the ISO from the UMD to your PC

Maybe we're not on the same page. People are talking about backing up their UMDs, and using those backups on the vita, instead of going to the PSN store to buy a PSP game you already own physically (UMD). I dont think theres any problem with that.

I'd like to play Outrun 2006 with a higher overclock than the one I use on PSP.
Bought the game in 2007 and still playing it every now and then

my Vita TV is ready

Shaneus

I'd like to play Outrun 2006 with a higher overclock than the one I use on PSP.
Bought the game in 2007 and still playing it every now and then

my Vita TV is ready
Same. That and Burnout Legends would benefit massively from running with a higher clock. Given that theflow could tell what the ePSP GPU was clocked at (I think it was something stupidly low) perhaps there's a way to change that so things run better a la Xbox One games on the One S.

I also have Motorstorm, even if I wonder how it could look on a big screen...

damn, my 16gb card won't be enough when PSP emulation will be available :D

bonkeng

Except, it's already been bought one time. No reason to buy it again, unless it's on a different format.

If it's normal for you to buy the exact same thing several times, good for you.

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone know why i can't get the overclocking app working?

I used vitamin to dump a game, (octodad since it had performance issues), reinstalled it with vitashell. I have 3.3 amphetamin.suprx and the config and game txts on the root of the memory card. I try to boot octodad and it freezez and my vita restarts...

swit

Monster Hunter and Peace Walker already support right analog stick in the native PSP emulator on the Vita. You can just map the face buttons or d-pad to the right stick, so i'm curious to what the big deal is here. Or, i can see it if the native emulator doesnt allow for L/R-button mapping and games uses those for camera movement, and even more if the camera movement hack actually brings analog movement. That would be kinda a big deal. But if its just simple button mapping, then it can already be done in many games.

I'm certainly hoping it actually brings analog movement.

It is actually true analog control in LCS for both movement and camera at the same time. And it wasn't possible to remap camera controls in that game because it uses L+analog combo.

Is it possible to get the Japanese store access on my vita without the memory card hassle with henkaku?

Would I be able to install themes I purchase from JPSN?

Anyone know why i can't get the overclocking app working?

I used vitamin to dump a game, (octodad since it had performance issues), reinstalled it with vitashell. I have 3.3 amphetamin.suprx and the config and game txts on the root of the memory card. I try to boot octodad and it freezez and my vita restarts...

Put it in ux0:/plugins

You only need the amphetamin.suprx and the game.txt files, the config.txt file is only if you want to use custom game settings

L.O.R.D

Is it possible to get the Japanese store access on my vita without the memory card hassle with henkaku?

Would I be able to install themes I purchase from JPSN?

if you have another Vita with japanese PSN,you can dump certain file and use it on your main vita (replace file),this way you can access several PSN account on the same device.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, if I want to use Rincheat, I apparently have to dump my game files to let it be able to hook into them.

So... if I dump a 3 gig file, I need like 6 gig space to reinstall it, right? That and I'd have to unlock the save to let the dump be able to see the save I have previously, right?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've noticed this Antiblacklist app that says it stays active even after rebooting. How did they pull that off, since the whitelister needs reactivation every time?

test_account

XP-39C²
It is actually true analog control in LCS for both movement and camera at the same time. And it wasn't possible to remap camera controls in that game because it uses L+analog combo.
Ah ok, i see, so the game itself is programmed with analog controls, seeing how both movement and camera uses the analog slider/"stick". Then it makes sense. I was thinking that this hack would add analog movement to all games, even those who have camera programmed to digital buttons, like Peace Walker and Monster Hunter. Still cool regarding GTA though, would make the games more playable.

Thanks to all the hard work of the community.

IMG_20160928_155629.jpg

I can now play Dragonball: Final Bout on my Vita. Life is good.

Shaneus

I'm curious: what's the actual difference between ARK and TN-V? I'm on the latter with my 3.36 Vita, and quite happy with how it works as far as playing PSP images (and utilising the existing PSP XMB). It also runs my PS1 (purchased from PSN) games fine too. What does ARK do better/differently?

If I upgrade to 3.60 and ARK is available, would I have to re-transfer all my existing stuff back to the Vita, or will it still be visible?

Top Bottom