• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Chesskid1

Banned
Honestly I'm mostly interested in playing my PSP games and using moonlight to stream steam to the vita.

HENkaku will be very easy for you to figure out and install.

No PSP games yet, it could be days, week or even months before we do. Moonlight should work for you though.

and the Phantasy Star Nova translation team is working really fast.

Beep boop beep bop! A new version is out: http://arks-layer.com/vita/Nova_EnglishPatch_9_22_2016_v003.zip

- 99% of character creation done
- All items (some are missing descriptions)
- About 30% of enemies are translated
- Roughly 80% of weapons are translated
- About 70% of weapon affixes (need to test this, text may be too long)
- A few objectives, some more NPCs, various strings, etc are done
- A bunch of other stuff I translated and likely forgot about. RIP.

http://arks-layer.com/nova.php
http://gbatemp.net/threads/phantasy...-we-need-your-help.441705/page-4#post-6699651

Shaneus

My Vita is still on version 3.30 and I'm highly interested in playing psp games.
Actually I tried out in summer to get a custom bubble working but I failed at logging in in my e-mail accounts so I couldn't try the e-mail exploit out.
Whatver I did it didn't worked, I even registered new e-mail accounts just for this and followed instructions but with the same result.

I want to try that again but it's really frustrating...

Or should I just update to 3.60 and use HENKaku?

Honestly I'm mostly interested in playing my PSP games and using moonlight to stream steam to the vita.
FWIW, I'm sticking with my 3.36 for the time being just so I can keep my PSP games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
For some reason i get an error when i try to install cores, i wanted to install mame 2k, 2k3 and dosbox from 2 different retroark releases but nothing worked, any help? I already have FBA2012 installed, i have some space and in the past i successfully installed older releases of mame 2k and 2k3.

Young Magus

So I got the overclocked plugin installed.

.....Whats the recommend overclock numbers for the gpu (thats the one we need to use right)? I just wanna play ys without slowdown.

Lime

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/779681319764815872

Should open the door to loading PSP games, and presumably PS1, too.

ibgmh21ejcxilkdgsn8.gif

killatopak

Gold Member
as a Vita TV owner, battery life is not a problem for me.
my question is : overclocking at highest speed Vita TV might overheating the system?

Vita itself only heats up a bit but not to a point where it goes past warm like how you would feel when a smart phone does. That is with the vita having an oled screen. Vita tv is just a vita without the screen. There should be no problems.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Getting to play the Valkyria 3 translation on Vita, Kingdom Hearts, and maybe the Yakuza PSP game when its finished translating is all I want out of Henkaku. Need to know as soon as its possible!!

Chesskid1

Banned
great news about PSP, but scanning theflow's twitter, seems he doesnt have time to work on it. hopefully he's just joshing.

Retroarch has their psx emulator working now (pcsx rearmed) and the working version should show up in nightlies soon.

https://twitter.com/libretro/status/779680326847229952

As you can see, frangarcj got PCSX ReARMed to go ingame now, but there are still some problems which might be outside our control and might have to do with the toolchain. We have to compile with -O0 (no optimization levels) because -O1 or -O2 will produce crashes/other issues. So we need a way to toggle all optimization flags.

and here's a screenshot of phantasy star nova just cause

DaJm.jpg

Shizuka

I really hope they don't go that route. I would think that requiring one to update to 3.61 would increase piracy, not lessen it.

Why would requiring the latest firmware increase piracy? If they don't, the game will be out in the open for anyone with Henkaku to illegally download it.

Why would requiring the latest firmware increase piracy? If they don't, the game will be out in the open for anyone with Henkaku to illegally download it.

Because I imagine that someone would be able to bypass the 3.61 requirement from a ripped version of the game.

If I had to choose between keeping Henkaku (especially with them unlocking the PSPmode) and updating to 3.61, I would choose the former.

Scavenger

Because I want to be able to buy and play the game without having to do a firmware update and losing henkaku access in the process. It's no disaster if it's 3.61 only, since I could always borrow my brother's PSTV or wait for the inevitable Steam release, but I prefer not having to go that route.

Wereroku

Because I imagine that someone would be able to bypass the 3.61 requirement from a ripped version of the game.

If I had to choose between keeping Henkaku (especially with them unlocking the PSPmode) and updating to 3.61, I would choose the former.

Nope can't dump a 3.61 game. So at the moment 3.61 will prevent any piracy on games using it since they don't have deep enough access.

Because I want to be able to buy and play the game without having to do a firmware update and losing henkaku access in the process. It's no disaster if it's 3.61 only, since I could always borrow my brother's PSTV or wait for the inevitable Steam release, but I prefer not having to go that route.

Just buy a second PSV keep it up to date then you get your new games as well.

test_account

XP-39C²

Even if they find a way to do this, one could still buy the games though, either physical or digital through the webstore. No reason that it should increase the piracy even if people have to stay on 3.60, purchasing the game is still possible even if one have to download a modified image to play it.

Steins;Gate 0 was released in Japan awhile ago and works with 3.60 and below. It's not going magically require 3.61 in NA/EU.

test_account

XP-39C²
Steins;Gate 0 was released in Japan awhile ago and works with 3.60 and below. It's not going magically require 3.61 in NA/EU.
This just depends on how the EU/US version is signed. The english version is being pressed/manufactured at a later time, so it could very well be signed for firmware 3.61. The PS4 version is most likely going to require firmware 4.00 or 3.55, while the japanese PS4 version requires firmware 3.10 or 3.00.

ss_lemonade

Anyone tried running PPSSPP via Moonlight for PSP games :D
Tried it earlier and while streaming worked, the stream itself would sometimes freeze and stop working. It also sometimes prevents me from getting back to the Vita OS, forcing me to restart the vita itself.

L.O.R.D

Apparently,the Chinese version of Digimon next order contains English translation,but it's not enabled for some reason.
Someone in GBAtemp managed to extract those files to and enabled them again.

T-Rex.

Banned
Eh, not everyone is a pirate. If I have to choose between keeping Henkaku or updating to play one or two of the latest games, I'm keeping Henkaku.

Can someone tell me what can you do with this hack ? I'm totally out of the loop :/
I've seen JP vita games are being fantranslated, that means we can play pirated games now ? I'm not interested in pirating my games but if it means getting to play some JP games in english I'm all in.

Producer

Can someone tell me what can you do with this hack ? I'm totally out of the loop :/
I've seen JP vita games are being fantranslated, that means we can play pirated games now ? I'm not interested in pirating my games but if it means getting to play some JP games in english I'm all in.

There are fan trsanslations in the works and undubs

Tohsaka

Eh, not everyone is a pirate. If I have to choose between keeping Henkaku or updating to play one or two of the latest games, I'm keeping Henkaku.

It's likely that every new game will require 3.61 very soon, publishers aren't going to want people to be able to pirate their games if they can prevent it.

killatopak

Gold Member
Gonna have to buy a second vita. Undub, translations and cheats are simply too good for me to upgrade just to play a few games.

T-Rex.

Banned
It's likely that every new game will require 3.61 very soon, publishers aren't going to want people to be able to pirate their games if they can prevent it.
Oh yeah. By one or two I was referring to stuff like DQB that I was going to buy just for the sake of showing the Vita some love rather than actually being that interested in it so if it requires 3.61 I'll just skip it rather than update FW to play it. The actual upcoming games that I am really interested in (Steins, Fate etc) I can just get on PS4 so it's not an issue.

Top Bottom