• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Manac0r

Purely anecdotal but I had a 64Gb card die, i assumed it was because I would 'overcharge' my Vita - leave it plugged in when not playing.

On my second card and only charge it when needed - which is better practice anyhow.

Now I have a Vita on 3.60 and a few PSP games on there - so now we play the waiting game.

Chesskid1

Banned
i have a 64gb too and it's pretty weird as hell, hope it doesn't die.

basically sometimes content that has been sitting on it for months unplayed will just error out, but if i redownload it works fine. some old stuff works fine though, seems to be random.

it's been doing it ever since i got it, months and months ago.

i used the gmail trick to make multiple PSN accounts blahblah+insertanythinghere@gmail.com works for blahblah@gmail.com

BigEmil

i have a 64gb too and it's pretty weird as hell, hope it doesn't die.

basically sometimes content that has been sitting on it for months unplayed will just error out, but if i redownload it works fine. some old stuff works fine though, seems to be random.

it's been doing it ever since i got it, months and months ago.
Heard of issues like that for the 64gb card before too just sticking with my multiple 32gb cards

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just so I'm sure, in order to run Adrenaline (PSP support, coming soon), I need either a PSMini or some type of PSP game on my Vita?

Athreous

I think I still have a PSP demo on my PS3. Can I just transfer that even if the accounts on the Vita/PS3 aren't the same?

Great nick + kof reference! :D

I think that you can't xfer with different accounts, I dont remember it asking my psn when I used to xfer games, but it should check the psn info =(

Hi guys.

So I just switched my 3.60 Vita on for the first time in ages. I've visited the Henkaku site and installed it. Do I need to launch MolecularShell or something or can I sign in to PSN via the system settings now that I have Henkaku installed? I want to visit the store to download a the LocoRoco demo.

Thanks.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Hi guys.

So I just switched my 3.60 Vita on for the first time in ages. I've visited the Henkaku site and installed it. Do I need to launch MolecularShell or something or can I sign in to PSN via the system settings now that I have Henkaku installed? I want to visit the store to download a the LocoRoco demo.

Thanks.

IIRC, you can just start the PSN Store app once HENkaku is installed and it should go, no setup required.

IIRC, you can just start the PSN Store app once HENkaku is installed and it should go, no setup required.
Thanks Joey. Have you guys used secondary PSN IDs for this stuff or have been using your main PSN ID? After I sign in, download the Loco Roco demo, can I just sign out?

EDIT: I didn't risk it, created a new PSN ID as my main ID has quite a few digital purchases.

EDIT 2: downloaded Loco Roco Mindnight carnival. Should I now sign out of PSN to be on the safe side. If I sign out, would I still be able to access the demo? Thanks.

no one has gotten banned from henkaku. No one knows if accessing PSN with henkaku will get you banned in the future. No one knows how to avoid getting banned, because there is a sample size of exactly 0.

Shaneus

Yup, this is true, only did it a day or two ago. Not bothered about getting my account banned or not, this feels more akin to jailbreaking an iPhone than using CFW on a PS3.

After a few niggling issues getting Retroarch up and going, I'm so stoked I did this. Can easily hold off on ePSP/Adrenalin when I have near-perfect Neo-Geo and CPS2 emulation.

no one has gotten banned from henkaku. No one knows if accessing PSN with henkaku will get you banned in the future. No one knows how to avoid getting banned, because there is a sample size of exactly 0.
True, I guess. I just want to protect my numerous PSN purchases, especially the stuff on my PSP Go.

Quick question I hope someone can answer.

I have a Vita TV that has never been updated so it's at whatever firmware the launch ones came with. Is henkaku the best choice for that or is there something else that's preferable?

Shaneus

I have a Vita TV that has never been updated so it's at whatever firmware the launch ones came with. Is henkaku the best choice for that or is there something else that's preferable?
If you want PSP/PS1 support right now, there are other versions to go for. But in a month or two that will be moot. So if it's never been updated it's obvious you could wait, so I'd say go for 3.60 and Henkaku.

Fired up my Vita last night thanks to this thread. I'm at FW 3.59 with loads of PSP and PS1 games. Simply upgrading to 3.60 will work, right?

Q. Why are you all mentioning it require PSP/PS1 games? Is there a specific game that needs to be downloaded or is it for any PSP or PS1 game?

Fired up my Vita last night thanks to this thread. I'm at FW 3.59 with loads of PSP and PS1 games. Simply upgrading to 3.60 will work, right?

Q. Why are you all mentioning it require PSP/PS1 games? Is there a specific game that needs to be downloaded or is it for any PSP or PS1 game?
Upgrade to 3.60 if you want to use Henkaku.

PSP/PS1 game talk is happening because one is apparently needed for some upcoming homebrew stuff. Perhaps to play PSP/1 games via Henkaku. Can't say for sure though.

Shaneus

PSP/PS1 game talk is happening because one is apparently needed for some upcoming homebrew stuff. Perhaps to play PSP/1 games via Henkaku. Can't say for sure though.
It's absolutely, definitely it. Adrenalin is basically TN-V/ARK for Henkaku. But with more flexibility.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, Joey)

From what we know, Adrenaline is full access from the vita side to the ePSP emulator. You should be able to do everything you could do on an actual psp and more.

B.K.

I've got two Vitas: one that I want to use for homebrew and one I'm going to keep up to date for retail Vita games. Both are tied to the same PSN account. I have plenty of PS1 and PSP games on my main Vita. Can I backup a few games from the main system with my PC and copy them to the homebrew one, since they're on the same account?

I've got two Vitas: one that I want to use for homebrew and one I'm going to keep up to date for retail Vita games. Both are tied to the same PSN account. I have plenty of PS1 and PSP games on my main Vita. Can I backup a few games from the main system with my PC and copy them to the homebrew one, since they're on the same account?

Yes. Use qcma

Wait, are you guys using a separate PSN account for this PSP/1 demo prep? I was planning to use my main PSN ID.

It's a case of better being safe than sorry.

I have way too many purchases on my main account to risk it, when I can very easily create a throwaway psn account and email.

Loco Roco demo is under 200mb, so not like that's a big issue anyway.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I guess you can't transfer a game from a newer firmware Vita?

Transferred Uno to my PC from my updated Vita fine. But transferring it from the PC to the PSTV gives me an error and says it's corrupt.

Shaneus

I have tons of ps1 classics and PSP games on both my accounts, I guess that is good enough?
Are any of them downloaded? Owning them isn't the only thing, because they need to be on the system before Sony locks out PSN access. Otherwise you can't download them.

Sakujou

Banned

just henkaku. that why this thread does exist.

It's a case of better being safe than sorry.

I have way too many purchases on my main account to risk it, when I can very easily create a throwaway psn account and email.

Loco Roco demo is under 200mb, so not like that's a big issue anyway.
Thanks. I downloaded the Loco Roco Millenium demo (or whatever it's called). I've since switched my system off, but haven't signed out of PSN. Should I sign out as soon as I switch the system on, as Henkaku won't be activated, or is this not an issue?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Guessing I will be fine with trails in the sky psp version.

By rule of thumb, you want to have the smallest base game possible, since that game becomes unusable after it's been used as the base for the exploit. Trails is about 1GB, right? There are a few games which are way smaller than that, so you can save a lot of space in your memory card.

Thanks. I downloaded the Loco Roco Millenium demo (or whatever it's called). I've since switched my system off, but haven't signed out of PSN. Should I sign out as soon as I switch the system on, as Henkaku won't be activated, or is this not an issue?

It's not an issue. Also, make sure to have automatic firmware updated turned off in the Settings ;)

By rule of thumb, you want to have the smallest base game possible, since that game becomes unusable after it's been used as the base for the exploit. Trails is about 1GB, right? There are a few games which are way smaller than that, so you can save a lot of space in your memory card.

It's not an issue. Also, make sure to have automatic firmware updated turned off in the Settings ;)
Thanks Joey! I've had that switched off from back when I upgraded to 3.60, but will double-check just to make sure. Can't wait to play the PSP Burnout games with the analogue stick. Woohoo.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Got a weird problem where the games I'm re downloading all have patches, but they're not applying when you launch like they should. Just sit there in the notification menu, too. Anyone know what that means?

MilkLizard

I can't find the Loco Roco demo on EU PSN. Is it me or does it simply not exist?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it on the webstore. Now I just have to find a way to transfer it to my VITA.

At least I have the God of War games installed so I have some PSP games for the future. I just hope that we can still play the game after installing any possible exploit that might come.

EDIT 2: I had Jetpack Joyride in my downloadlist :)

Galamauth

I can't get the all-in-one RetroArch bubble to work at all. Are there additional steps involved to get it functioning?

I had to go in and delete the files for my old retroarch bubbles (it should just be one config file but I wiped everything but button remaps to be sure) and then install the all-in-one to get it to work.

Top Bottom