• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

chen's main weaknesses are mainly that he can't fight backwards (as a warrior he offers low protection for his team) and that his waveclear is poor

he was a good pick for that game, but unfortunately g2 just played kind of poorly whenever they grouped up

g2 wins the draft again imo, but yeah gota play it right
also wasnt really paying attention to bans, where has malf been this tourney

Ketch

I think his wave clear is pretty decent. Especially considering that drink gives him infinite mana.

His problem like you mentioned is that he has very low CC and its combined with lowish hero damage AND a constant need to stand still to drink.

So really all he's good at is diving in (and kind of weakly zoning) but if his team is not following up OR if he's behind in levels OR if the other team has a good comp to deal with it then diving in isn't really viable and the enemy team can just run right past him through his poor attempts to zone.

He needs buffs. The talents that increase his slows should just be baked into the abilities. And the keg+fire breath combo could do some bonus damage to heroes.

Edit: Like g2 showed though he's a bit better in double warrior comps because the second warrior is always gonna want to follow up. But I still think that his damage is too weak to even pick him in double warrior comps aswell. Like it worked for them there, but it probably could have been any other warrior... Etc, anub, or even Diablo

brian!

yeah his waveclear is like ok, I always think of it as a weakness w/ johanna/leoric available
I think he's the strongest zoning warrior besides maybe tyreal w/ that q talent
I dunno if he needs buffs though, it'd be really easy to push him into something that's not manageable

Ketch

Yea I just feel like his ability to actually do anything to an enemy hero is very lacking. Like he can dive and chase a Jaina for 30 seconds, but she's probably gonna live and your team is probably needing help.

His zoning is okay, but his damage isn't there to back it up. And what are you gonna do if they get past you?

The increased slows that he gets from talents wouldn't really push him over the edge I don't think. They're pretty much mandatory picks anyway which is kind of bad practice

But I do see that he could easily become godlike if they messed with his survivability at all. Like a Chen whose ahead is already really hard to kill.

brian!

oh i mean the whole reason i think he's good at zoning is that his bodybluck is good, which is why he's good on dshire which usually has chokepoint-minded comps

the get past chen thing is part of his weakness, which is why you'll never see him as the only warrior
if he zones out jaina that's a win for his team

na starting here: http://www.twitch.tv/esl_heroes

What's up with the viewers of NA, are people this bored of TS vs C9 already?

Okay Chen again and now there's an Uther, Anub and KT. Something's up, Gamers 2 must know something we don't.

Edit: Did Roccat just win 3 lvls down?

Edit 2: C9 does it again

moojito

Just won my first proper game v other people with that dude you start with, the ranged assassin guy. press A, click on a bush, watch the magic happen. Aww yiss.
Seriously though, the mfpallytime video where he talks you through playing a class is golden for the newbie, would recommend.

kirblar

i dizzoubt it @ blust
they acknowledged merc l0rd
Yeah, it's just that it's a huge thing in solo queue and I'm shocked they weren't aware of that specific facet.

So glad that she's seeing play after we've been saying she's viable for months.

First UE on Arthas is amazing secondly did Nazeebo just use the zombies to hold back their own minion wave so he wouldn't have to move out of tower range to soak?

If so that's absolutely genius.

Fan's Abathur is amazing, such a clutch Rehgar save and even when he was on retreat himself.

Altairre

Just won my first proper game v other people with that dude you start with, the ranged assassin guy. press A, click on a bush, watch the magic happen. Aww yiss.
Seriously though, the mfpallytime video where he talks you through playing a class is golden for the newbie, would recommend.

Yeah his videos really helped me to get a better grasp of the game as a whole and they're fun to watch. Now that I'm going through the backlog they're not as useful for individual heroes anymore since a lot of them got changed quite a bit but I still learn about the maps/basic gameplay.

Now that I have a pretty decent winrate with my Muradin I'm going to change it up and will try to learn a new character. Decided it's going to be Kerrigan, mostly because I like the character and her playstyle (the most recent changes help too). I'm prepared for a lot of missed combos and a lot of overextending (goodbye Dwarf Toss escape) but I hope it'll be worth it. I did read a couple of write ups about her but if anyone with experience wants to throw a few tips at me I'll gladly take them.

kirblar

Toads + Entomb is hilarious.

Arthas as DPS is still so weird for me after playing him MT for so long.

edit: Was that "Fisted by the Plant Terror" I just heard?

Seriously Fan might be the best Abathur I've seen so far, so many clutch saves, the clone last second escape, copying Rehgar when they needed it,... Just so good, he survived a blessed shield for crying out loud.

edit:

What did i miss? damnit

C9 drafted abathur, TS already had banned Zera and sniped Illidan. C9 took Sonya and TS didn't have a single stun to stop her. 14-15 minute stomp.

Ketch

cursory opinion on monk after playing 4 games:

he feels weird. He needs to be played really aggressively, almost like a healing illidan. You have to be punching them or you're doing it wrong, that being said, just like illidan if you're up against the wrong heroes you just die... which is kind of why you need another support on your team.

I think 7sided strike is the heroic to pick unless you know for sure they're going to do damage through divine palm... ie. against valla's strafe or nazeebo or triple tap... stuff like that.

7 sided strike is really good though, it lets you play a lot more aggressivly and really lul's people into a false sense of security when they're trying to man fight you.

Malf, Rehgar, and Uther are OP because they have something close to the equivalent of a full heal in their ulti's. Rehgar literally, malf a little less but makes up for in AOE, and Uther even less so but his base kit helps him out a ton in that department aswell. Even lili's jugs does this. This is why the other supports can't compete, because bringing someone from near zero to full is too strong... divine palm can do this, but it's just a lot more situational.

All in all, I do like him. I'm glad he's more like tass/tyrande then the core healers... I wish there were more heroes like that, and I hope the core healers get tuned to be more like that.

edit:
feel like ts is tilting really hard after getting run over by sonya
reverse sweep bois

What did i miss? damnit. Was it the sonya dream? double damnit

kirblar

cursory opinion on monk after playing 4 games:

he feels weird. He needs to be played really aggressively, almost like a healing illidan. You have to be punching them or you're doing it wrong, that being said, just like illidan if you're up against the wrong heroes you just die... which is kind of why you need another support on your team.

I think 7sided strike is the heroic to pick unless you know for sure they're going to do damage through divine palm... ie. against valla's strafe or nazeebo or triple tap... stuff like that.

7 sided strike is really good though, it lets you play a lot more aggressivly and really lul's people into a false sense of security when they're trying to man fight you.

Malf, Rehgar, and Uther are OP because they have something close to the equivalent of a full heal in their ulti's. Rehgar literally, malf a little less but makes up for in AOE, and Uther even less so but his base kit helps him out a ton in that department aswell. Even lili's jugs does this. This is why the other supports can't compete, because bringing someone from near zero to full is too strong... divine palm can do this, but it's just a lot more situational.

All in all, I do like him. I'm glad he's more like tass/tyrande then the core healers... I wish there were more heroes like that, and I hope the core healers get tuned to be more like that.
I think people need to start playing him straight up like Tass/Tyrande in a 1.5 healer comp instead of trying to full-heal- he's just too awkward at it and you're better off bolstering his AA and Melee healz.

Theory time- Lust + Fist Extension = so much passive healing.
What did i miss? damnit
A brutality.

brian!

c9 ran uther/sonya against a no-cc comp, tempo storm disrespected it by playing like booty

then ts gets a great comp against c9's next comp (no cc, prtty kiteable) but their damage is constantly out of position and picked off

i think if c9 wins here they reset the series?

kirblar

c9 ran uther/sonya against a no-cc comp, tempo storm disrespected it by playing like booty

then ts gets a great comp against c9's next comp (no cc, prtty kiteable) but their damage is constantly out of position and picked off

i think if c9 wins here they reset the series?
Yup.

Oh, and like we saw earlier - SSS/11SS >>>>> Divine Palm. Playing him as a Ty/Tass lets you use that to isolate people or finish people off.

brian!

cool comps for both teams les do it, i like c9's better
prtty interesting that ts is putting all dese eggs into zagara after last game

Did they forget to alt tab?

Leoric doing %s of HP with his W probably needs to be looked at. Wouldn't be surprised if Jo got an HP shave.

Agree w/ Cooby on not liking C9 letting TS get Zag/Syl together.

I hope not Jo is my 2nd favourite character ever since she launched I just want them to stop playing her so she won't get nerfed

Ketch

okay so I think they did actually go to taco bell and this is just them making stuff up over some random game audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom