• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

C9 got all that confidence after bodying Team Liquid. Tempo Storm legit shook after MVP Black.

Can you do it sir Dunktrain? Can ye lead yer forces to victory or will we watch more throws?

Ketch

man sonya toppin the charts in that game, and cooby even throws out the macintyre reference! sooo good.gif

edit: AND like every team is playing raynor now too? Where the fuck am I? Is this actually still metal gear right now? Kojima's a master mind.

Ketch

does giant killer interact with focus attack? I didn't think that it did.

I want to say steel resolve is better 13 talent.

edit: TS = Throwo Salt?

kirblar

does giant killer interact with focus attack? I didn't think that it did.

I want to say steel resolve is better 13 talent.

edit: TS = Throwo Salt?
I don't think so, it's just a flat +% on top. Would be very weird (and kinda stupid) if it did.

Ketch

X

This would be so bad if it were at ESL studios in LA.

? why just cuss they'd be even more tired?

I think C9 has the advantage in this situation because they're so used to playing all those extra games coming from the losers bracket all the time.

kirblar

? why just cuss they'd be even more tired?

I think C9 has the advantage in this situation because they're so used to playing all those extra games coming from the losers bracket all the time.
Nah, it's because ESL is producing their on-air talent in a way that's super shitty and actively makes the broadcasts worse. You don't see this issue in SEA/KOR/EU broadcasts where suddenly they suck on the big stage, and it's because of the phony high-gloss on-air personalities they're forcing their talent to adopt.

LOL

Ketch

Nah, it's because ESL is producing their on-air talent in a way that's super shitty and actively makes the broadcasts worse. You don't see this issue in SEA/KOR/EU broadcasts where suddenly they suck on the big stage, and it's because of the phony high-gloss on-air personalities they're forcing their talent to adopt.

LOL

oh yea? you think that the false hype is like ESL mandated? that's super shitty if true

kirblar

oh yea? you think that the false hype is like ESL mandated? that's super shitty if true
Of course it is. They want to be ESPN, but they're taking the total wrong parts of it. The poker team, Chad and the other dude- that's who you want to emulate, not the pre-game shows.

WWE copied it, and it works much better there BECAUSE THEYRE ACTUALLY PUTTING ON A PREGAME SHOW.

Alur

Is there a more over the top HOTS meme than the spams of "ZUNA FEED" any time he dies? Doesn't even matter how it happened.

Tempo is stormed. DOA.

Alur

but they do it in non esl events.

Agreed. I see it in literally every esport I watch. League, Dota 2, this, Vainglory. Basically any moba I guess I should say. I don't even find the HOTS guys minus Khaldor to even be particularly significant offenders. Maybe Zoia when he's actually casting.

Only thing I haven't seen it in is Hearthstone and I suppose that's because it's pretty laid back to begin with like golf.

Ketch

Agreed. I see it in literally every esport I watch. League, Dota 2, this, Vainglory. Basically any moba I guess I should say. I don't even find the HOTS guys minus Khaldor to even be particularly significant offenders. Maybe Zoia when he's actually casting.

Only thing I haven't seen it in is Hearthstone and I suppose that's because it's pretty laid back to begin with like golf.

I definitely didn't notice it like this in Dota. there's fake hype there for sure in the casting, but not like this.... the "everybody talks in round robin turns, no quite time allowed" is specific to HotS I feel...

edit: also, LOL at tempo's draft. guess they run out of ideas.

and it looks like jake/cooby do coke

Alur

I definitely didn't notice it like this in Dota. there's fake hype there for sure in the casting, but not like this.... the "everybody talks in round robin turns, no quite time allowed" is specific to HotS I feel...

Fair point.

When I talk about fake hype I'm talking about the "OMG ARTHAS JUST LANDED A HOWLING BLAST HOLY SHIT THIS FIGHT IS GOING DOWN" yelling that occurs every time opponents get near each other. I heard that in the International which I watched almost every game of, through the NA and EU LCS Summer Split of League (though not as much in the LPL casts for Summer), and in the OGN casts of Vainglory. Just seems to be the thing. I've seen people complain about the fake hype yelling on reddit, but they also love Babael (and I do as well), yet he is the second biggest offender behind Khaldor for OMG's and WTF's out of minor skirmishes from my point of view.

As for the round robin we-can't-let-there-be-game-sounds-or-dead-air-in-this-cast thing, I honestly notice no difference now from how it was even in KOTS days with Jake and Cooby compared to now. They seem the same to me. I'm not saying I love it, I'm just saying it seems like it's kind of the HOTS thing I guess for better or worse.

EDIT: Worth noting I watch a ton of actual traditional sports, including a lot of hockey, football, basketball, and UFC in that order of most to least watched, so the "ESPN style" as kirblar has tagged it - if that's what it is - really doesn't phase me. I'm already converted. /sheep

Double EDIT: Somewhere Milly79 just changed his pants. His long nightmare is over.

kirblar

I think that's just the "Everlong" factor from trying to cram so much PBP into such a short period of time, it's just natural voice esalation and I don't have an issue with that or see that as fake hype.

The fake hype is "OMG THIS IS EPIXXXXX" from Khaldor from a murky death or from a team losing a 17-20 teamfight late game, and they're clearly pushing in that diretion specifically on the ESL studio casts in ways you don't get in the SEA/KOR/EU majors. Jake/Cooby have tons of chill banter moments that completely disappear - contrast to Tastestosis who actively mention goofy things like BB being a "loved by beginners, disliked by vets" map.

Venus Van Dam

Neo Member
I think that's just the "Everlong" factor from trying to cram so much PBP into such a short period of time, it's just natural voice esalation and I don't have an issue with that or see that as fake hype.

The fake hype is "OMG THIS IS EPIXXXXX" from Khaldor from a murky death or from a team losing a 17-20 teamfight late game, and they're clearly pushing in that diretion specifically on the ESL studio casts in ways you don't get in the SEA/KOR/EU majors. Jake/Cooby have tons of chill banter moments that completely disappear - contrast to Tastestosis who actively mention goofy things like BB being a "loved by beginners, disliked by vets" map.

Do tastosis cast heroes? I thought they were GSL exclusive or something like that.

zoukka

Khaldor is a scary person.

Well Khaldor has the biggest viewership numbers in EU casts despite being on his own Twitch channel and not even casting Cleanfeed. ESL gives him 2nd priority after Cleanfeed.

So I'm nor surprised they want to replicate that. That said Khaldor doesn't make nearly as many mistakes as most other casters.

Maledict

Khaldor is also funny and talks insane, weird stuff which is entertaining to listen to. He does massively hype silly stuff in games, but he also says interesting things outside of games and comments on the teams backgrounds etc.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What was up with that tweet from @Heroesofthestorm? They removed it because they accidentally linked the wrong thing - but the title was something like "What do you think of the new silence system that is being added to the game?"

I have way too much fun trolling toxic players to ever mute them.

My standard response is "I am rubber you are glue".

Muting would be nice to have though but this works too.

This is funny though

The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

Altairre

So I played a couple of bot matches with Kerrigan to get a feel of how she plays and I'm having a ton of fun - if I can hit the combo. Since I just started playing her I obviously do miss my combo more than I'd like to and then I'm just standing there like an idiot. Kind of scared of hopping into quickmatch now but I don't really see the point in stomping bots anymore. Oh well, I'm prepared for a few losses, let's see how it goes.

I have way too much fun trolling toxic players to ever mute them.

My standard response is "I am rubber you are glue".

Perfect!

Alur

Was gonna post something about the new dev blog, but you could say...I've been silenced.

YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

x17PPng.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I feel like I'm gonna be silenced for a year or two in a near future.

Altairre

Played two quickmatches with Kerrigan, got a disconnect in both games. First one we got stomped on the battlefield of eternity because Raynor bot was doing fuck all for teamfights in addition to not having a tank on our team. Somehow managed to win the second game despite a bot Sonya on Garden Terror because they split up too much and I managed to jump and kill their squishies during the night phase.

I noticed that my hero damage isn't too high even though I lead the takedown list both games. I guess that's just something that comes with the character? Can't really jump into larger fights without getting bursted down incredibly quickly so I'm mostly waiting to either finish off low health heroes or to catch a squishy out of position (thanks free Jaina week). Definitely takes some adjusting (especially after playing pretty much only Muradin) but I'm happy I got a win.

Guesong

So....Leoric....

Did something happen last patch on his W slow-to-himself?

Started noticing that early game I just cannot seem to outrun it. Or so barely. And yet he didnt hit me with a Q or anything...he just seems to walk at the same speed as I.

Is my mind playing tricks?

Also, Rexxar...I suppose we should expect it tommorow evening (eastern)? Such a shame that HotS patch always seem to be late. I have the day off. Let me call beasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom