• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

He was and is super salty. I love it.

Wish we had someone streaming the other team from the other perspective.

Either way, this is far more entertaining than random solo queues.

Alur

Wait is he playing against his teammate?

Yep he's against Kaeyoh. Was last game too. I assume there must be some rule or at least attempt to keep teammates off of the same teams.

LOL, his "bitch" rant was gold.

Everyone who loves competitive heroes and everyone else who just loves watching games on Twitch is missing out on this. sogood.gif

Alur

Finally the rank one has come back to my smurf account. Not without a weird bug doe:

ne7ck3e.jpg

It said I had 0 points to next rank. I was freaking out, but...

Feels good man. I had bonus all the way up to rank 1 this time which made it a little easier than last. My MMR had also climbed as well though.

EDIT: Double postarino. I ain't apologizin'!

protonium

Finally the rank one has come back to my smurf account. Not without a weird bug doe:

It said I had 0 points to next rank. I was freaking out, but...

Feels good man. I had bonus all the way up to rank 1 this time which made it a little easier than last. My MMR had also climbed as well though.

EDIT: Double postarino. I ain't apologizin'!

Da real fuq is your most HL wins are with Zera? I have literally never seen you play him. Congratumalations!

Alur

Da real fuq is your most HL wins are with Zera? I have literally never seen you play him. Congratumalations!

He sucks to play in QM. I've played him in our groups a few times, but like Milly says, you get countered by Tassadar or a 3 tank game randomly. Then you just have a bad laner with a good ult. I'm not that great on him, decent at best, he's just stupid good when teams go with the double mage comp. I was better when the double bomb build was the only build.

How's the new HL for you?

We only played 4 or 5 games today and I did two the other night. Been about the same for me, minus two games we played earlier.

Got paired with an Uther and Nazeebo duo who BM'd the whole team from level 1 because someone got ganked early...then they started feeding themselves. Then we got paired with C9's tank and one of his buddies and Caff was gonna tank...someone blind picks Stitches second pick and it spiraled out of control. KingCaff's buddy BM'd Proto in tells after the game ROFL. Seemed like swell guys /s

kirblar

Just played a single game of HL for the night. Went well, had a good Muradin and decent Li Li/Zera on the team vs a team that first picked Nova and didn't take a tank.

Good lord dat Kael tho. Empowered Es are so satisfying now. Throw out phoenix, W, D,E, Q? Pop goes the melee!

protonium

Proto deserved to be BM'd after that horrific showing. Stop playing Rehgar, lol.

With a 47% win rate, yeah, maybe.

We only played 4 or 5 games today...KingCaff's buddy BM'd Proto in tells after the game ROFL. Seemed like swell guys /s

Most of the games we played tonight have been a one-sided stomp one way or the other.

I watched our game with KingCaffeine. We all played badly tbh. He rotated to help you get stacks, while the other team rotated to delete us, and his Sylv friend face tanked hydralisks. Somehow, me turning in 5 gems for weavers 7 seconds earlier would have miraculously won us the game when 5 heroes and a boss were pounding on our Core. Not KC getting ganked trying to turn in gems, solo, late game, and against a Zag and Zera. PJSalt

Lava and I got ROFLstomped tonight by a Kerri, Anub, Uther, Zera and Jaina. The professionals on our team (Naz, Malf, and Tyrande) didn't know how to a) notice the entire opposing team missing, repeatedly b) not wipe when we're level 8 vs their 10 c) soak two lanes on BHB to get to 10 d) use cleanse, and the beat goes on da da dum da dum da da.

But Kael, question, y u no wipe with us at a heroic disadvantage to save a wall? But Kael, how u have 4x everyone else's XP soak? But Kael, y u only do 27k hero damage to the opposing Jaina's 32k? And only 3 deaths? When we're getting rocked 3-25? /rant

Well, it's official. I'm a rank 10 scrub...
for now.

Alur

for now.

Onward and upward. You'd have been a few higher if we hadn't done so bad in those early placement games.

are they even the actual guys tho?

Yeah it was him. I was watching us on stream while playing. To be fair to proto he and the chat pretty much bitched about everyone on the team that wasn't he and his buddy, but that's normal for Twitch. Milly was in the chat BMing us too lol.

At one point Biceps - the real one - whispered him and said "haha ur playing with poopies".

My ego was almost crushed but then I remembered the golden rule - we didn't lose because of me, it was everyone else. I can't be expected to carry every pro player I get matched with, rite? /s

Ketch

why is it when i only got taime for 2 games they both have to be haunted mines. WHY is that garbage map still in the game? ffs

Alur

why is it when i only got taime for 2 games they both have to be haunted mines. WHY is that garbage map still in the game? ffs

Seems like it's the first and the last map I play every day.
In the karmic universe, the try hard (not KingCaff, the one who grouped with him) who bm'd Proto got kicked from SEL league tonight because he went 1-7. Back to plebe status with the rest of us

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
who of all characters in heroes requires you to last hit minions?

danielcw

who of all characters in heroes requires you to last hit minions?

One skill of Azmodan requires last hits to power it up,
Abathur's locusts and spells only get EXP, if they last hit (unless they are in Abathur's sight range)

Nova's Tripple Tap fast reload, but that does not concern minions.

I guess there are more, I do not know about.

Kerrigan's q resets when you last hit. If you spec q for her second talent then you get your mana back too. Makes for a very efficient but micro-heavy wave clear.

Oh yeah, Alur. You wanted to see the SEL games from the other perspective?

Well here ya go. Complexity's Blinks uploaded the one with Nick against Dread.

Edit: if it brings you to the midst of the video like it does me I have no idea why.

protonium

Weekly Sale - Sep 15-22
Thrall - $4.99 USD (50% off)
Hellhammer Thrall - $3.74 USD (50% off)
Glam Metal ETC - $3.74 USD (50% off)

My money is safe!

dmosher

for now.

You'll be fine, I got placed at 9 after the 20 matches and managed to get back to Rank 1 last night.

The most noticeable difference since the HL queueing change in the Rexxar patch is that most of the Rank 1 people on my friends list have moved to Team League or Quick Match instead of HL. This might explain why there are now so many new people in ~3k mmr hero league games in the last week :p

Ketch

I still haven't done placement matches.

Is there a noticeable difference in match quality now? I basically only ever solo Q'd HL so I don't expect to notice a difference.

Alur

Quas and Massan streaming HOTS today. Wonder why these folks waited til now to try out the game? I guess League's summer split did just end so Quas makes sense now I spose.

Is there a noticeable difference in match quality now? I basically only ever solo Q'd HL so I don't expect to notice a difference.

In theory you'd be the very type of player who'd notice the biggest difference because you'll no longer be the odd man out or one of the odd men out in a 3-1-1. Most everyone you encounter should be solo or duo at best now on both sides so the matchmaking should in theory be more fair solo players across both teams since it's not attempting to pair huge groups with possibly disparate MMRs.

danielcw

Well you shouldn't be matched with parties of 4, now.
And members of those parties of 4 could have wildly different MMRs
So instead of having 2 teams with similar average MMRs, there now is a better chance, that all players are close in terms of MMR.

Hoping that the MMR actually reflects skill, it should be an improvement, at least long term.

dmosher

My placement matches were a mixed bag but the overall feel I got was that the matchmaker really didn't do a good job ensuring close games. They were stomp or be stomped :|

I only play solo queue HL now as well and the thing I notice is that the people who duo queue still think they can have as much impact as a trio or quad stack did prior to the changes; this generally leads to pretty crappy behaviour :[

brian!

Yuh
high mechanical skill, teachable, team experience, etc. Plus a penchant for objective minded play and hots has a lot leas going on than league

protonium

You'll be fine, I got placed at 9 after the 20 matches and managed to get back to Rank 1 last night.

The most noticeable difference since the HL queueing change in the Rexxar patch is that most of the Rank 1 people on my friends list have moved to Team League or Quick Match instead of HL. This might explain why there are now so many new people in ~3k mmr hero league games in the last week :p

Yeah, thanks. I guess if I managed to grind from rank 50 to 1 before the reset then it shouldn't be too different this time around. Except...

My placement matches were a mixed bag but the overall feel I got was that the matchmaker really didn't do a good job ensuring close games. They were stomp or be stomped :|

...this was my general experience as well! Before the rank reset -- and I may be remembering this through partially rose-coloured glasses -- at least some matches would play out evenly until one side makes one or more mistakes late game which costs them the match. Now, so far, it feels like Heroes of the (CC) Stomp. Acknowledging that 20 placement matches are a tiny sample size.

Oh well. Onwards!

kirblar

Sonya apparently just got banned out in the Enter the Storm tournament in the NaVi vs ATN match. :p

Last night I did 3 solo games. 2 were stompy-ish on my side vs teams that were either bad or just didn't understand how to deal with Hammer on BoE, and 1 was a stomp on us because we had a Kael'Thas that died about 5s into any engagement because he'd just run in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom