• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did hammer got buffed? lots of Hamers destroying QMs this week

I started doing these for some reason so I see no reason not to continue. Here are my other (latest) lvl 10

summaries or Tyrande - Kharazim

Can't really say much about Abathur since I played like 20 or so QM with him and rest was AI!

1. Pressurized Glands
4. Adrenal Overload
7. Needlespine
10. Evolve Monstrosity
13. Bombard Strain
17. Locust Brood
20. Hivemind

One of the odd ones that I've played in the game so far! Definitely fell asleep during some moments but it was a good relaxing 1-10 trip for sure!

Here's a summary of what I think of Abathur:

+ In my opinion one of the strongest ultimates in the game (Monstrosity).
+ Somewhat relaxing
+ Despite the game saying that he's "very hard" to play, I found him quite easy to maneuver

Eh, thats his only viable build right, taking locust or shields is pretty boring to play and lane against the enemy team.

kirblar

Yeah, she did, she got her HP buffed a tad cause the prior nerf was overkill AND she got a ranged damage buff. This alongside Imposing Presence getting nerfed made her great.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Rexxar? I wouldn't even buy him until after a bugfix patch.
Rexxar... Medic... what if Thrall or Arthas gets buffed? It's pretty much between them. If I am going to wait I should just go ahead and finally grab Tychus now.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, I think I will. He is at 5 tho. Yay for a 3rd Starcraft assassin! :p

The hero I most regret is Rehgar. I spent 10k on him. He makes no sense to me. Even Chen is twice as good IMO.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Abathur - Tyrande - Kharazim

vqE0OV0.jpg

Not as bad as people are saying, but I feel that she really needs a complete skill rehaul.

1. War Paint
4. Focused Attack
7. Poisoned Spear
10. Leap
13. Aftershock
17. Furious Blow
20. Ignore Pain

+ Leap is insane when used correctly
+ Surprisingly high skill ceiling

- Nowhere near as tanky as other tanks
- Feels like a complete hybrid with no real strong advantages
- Her basic attacks are janky as fuck when spamming Seismic Slam
- She needs to know when to shut the fuck up (sometimes after a kill, she just talks for 30 seconds straight

Fun-tier-list
God fun: Zagara, Kael'thas, Sylvanas, Jaina
High fun: Thrall, Kharazim, Zeratul, Valla, Kerrigan, Falstad, Tyrael, Leoric
Medium fun: Nazeebo, Butcher, Johanna, Tychus, Abathur, Anub'arak, Malfurion, Arthas, Illidan
Low fun: Sonya, Li Li, Raynor, Nova, Tyrande
Trash: Muradin

Aaaand meta lvl 10 portrait:

WvspTmW.png

The CD reduction on siege mode for Hams was one of the best changes in the last patch. Dive and range CC can still be her nemesis but that tier 1 CC reduction talent when sieging lets her shrug a lot off.

Plus she's ridiculously strong on both of the Diablo maps if she's not focused down. She melts immortals and shrines.

I've been having a lot of success with Hams and Tychus in the Rexxar patch.

The hero I most regret is Rehgar. I spent 10k on him. He makes no sense to me. Even Chen is twice as good IMO.

Rehgar is one of the strongest healers in the game. Only Uther is arguably better. I'm so white girl right now because of how much I literally can't even.

kirblar

Yoshi, have you tried the build that looks like this?

1 War Paint
4 Focused Attack/Merc Lord (depends on if there's a boss available)
7 Follow Through
10 Wrath
13 Spear Always Pulls
16 25% movespeed off abiliites
20 Season to taste with Nexus Blades or Hardened Shield

It just cuts through squishies lightning fast, even more so w Abathur hat. You can also solo bosses.

Rexxar's kit, with Flare and Feign Death, is actually pretty solid. Flare combined with Kill Command is actually a really good initiation tool late-game. Unleash the Boars at 10 is pretty underwhemling but once you get get that root at 20 with Kill Command I find it's worthwhile. Bestial Rage is great for single target damage/objectives, and I prefer it on shorter, quicker maps but doubling down on Unleash the Boars in longer games has had some decent payoffs. Can't blink out of a root.

Once they tweak Miash's A.I. and Rexxar's auto-attack distance, he'll be a much more worthwhile hero
when the other team doesn't have a decent wormhole Zeratul

Been rolling with:
1) Flare
4) Hungry Bear
7) Blood of the Rhino
10) Bestial Wrath/Unleash the Boars
13) Wildfire Bear/Barkskin
16) Feign Death
20) Usually double down on ults. Frenzy of Kalimdor seems pretty underwhelming.

Ketch

Rexxar's kit, with Flare and Feign Death, is actually pretty solid. Flare combined with Kill Command is actually a really good initiation tool late-game. Unleash the Boars at 10 is pretty underwhemling but once you get get that root at 20 with Kill Command I find it's worthwhile. Bestial Rage is great for single target damage/objectives, and I prefer it on shorter, quicker maps but doubling down on Unleash the Boars in longer games has had some decent payoffs. Can't blink out of a root.

Once they tweak Miash's A.I. and Rexxar's auto-attack distance, he'll be a much more worthwhile hero
when the other team doesn't have a decent wormhole Zeratul

Been rolling with:
1) Flare
4) Hungry Bear
7) Blood of the Rhino
10) Bestial Wrath/Unleash the Boars
13) Wildfire Bear/Barkskin
16) Feign Death
20) Usually double down on ults. Frenzy of Kalimdor seems pretty underwhelming.

I think optimal build is increased slow at 4 and CDR on stun at 7. sometimes trading the CDR for wave clear depending on the map objective and how much wave clear the rest of your team has.

I started out loving blood of the rhino, but now I think that any damage mitigation on the bear is actually a waste. His respawn, even past lvl 20, is really short and the other options at those tiers are too good to pass up. Especially at 7, CDR and wave clear are both WAY better then increased heal.

If the bear gets blown up it's actually way good. It's like a murky absorbing damage for the team. Even without any defensive talents it can still live through a jaina or even zeratul burst most of the time, and if not it basically respawns just as fast as those abilities come off cooldown anyway.

If they're smart they ignore the bear and come after you, which is why you need the damage/utility over the defense. You have to force them into dealing with the bear with positioning and also talenting in a way that makes the bear a threat. Which is why I think wildfire is mandatory, and I think if you don't go CDR on stun at 7 you have to take bestial wrath. Otherwise the bear is useless and they can just ignore it. It's for the same reason that rexar is terrible when playing from behind.

I think the builds are:

Optimal:
1. Flare / or block (because flare is not always useful)
4. Increased slow on Q
7. CDR reduction on bear
10. Beastial wrath
13. wildfire
16. feign death
20. hardened shield

Waveclear (make this decision based on map objective and team comps):
1. flare/block
4. increased slow
7. waveclear
10. bestial wrath
13. wildfire
16 feign death
20. hardened shield

Boars (not sure when you go boars over bestial):
1. flare/block
2. increased slow
7. CDR on stun
10. Boars
13. Wildfire
16. FD
20. lvl 2 boars.

PVE (pretty much only haunted mines and booty bay):
1. flare/block/mana regen (if you go CDR at 7)

4. easy prey - trading big value in teamfights for big value against map mechanics. easy prey lets you solo the boss at lvl 4 on booty bay.

7. waveclear or CDR on stun - easy prey also increases the stun damage against neutrals, and you get max value out of the CDR when you're just standing still punching mercs so I think it's a good combo, but you then you need mana talent at 1 to spam it on neutrals. block or flare plus wave clear is better on haunted mines, CDR + mana trait is better on booty bay.

10. beastial wrath
13. wildfire
16. FD

20. hardened shield or beastial wrath if you want to go full PvE (never go full PvE).

Wow, this is a long as post now. Shoulda wrote a guide on heroesfire for the internet fame.

tl;dr
I really really like rexar.

Alur

Wow, this is a long as post now. Shoulda wrote a guide on heroesfire for the internet fame.

Gets you into all the special tournaments and leagues mang.

tl;dr
I really really like rexar.

Haha, apparently. It's pretty cool honestly. Seems like you hadn't been too hot on a few of the more recent heroes, so glad they released one you dig. You seem to have dove into it like I did Kharazim. I've been reading your stuff for when/if I ever get back to playing Rex.

Ketch

If you want to get better at him you have to get over the fact that the AI is a pain and learn how to deal with it. It feels more like a challenge to me, and I think that's why I like him so much.

The only hero from the diablo event that I actually really liked was Leoric. I thought I would like butcher more then I do, but he just didn't click with me. I kind of like Johanna but just never really got into her, and thought I wouldn't like monk as much as I actually do... I just think he needs to be played as a secondary support (which is a role I actually like so hey no wonder)

The semester is a couple weeks in now though, and I still need to beat metal gear before it gets totally spoiled for me. The only reason I'm playing heroes at all right now is because of how much I like rexar (he's been the only heroe i've played since he was released).

I'm also kind of excited that Raynor and Sonya and Nazeebo are coming around again. I just don't have enough time to play them all. Hopefully I'll get some games with GAF crew soon.

I just pick Flare every game because there's always a Zeratul and/or a Nova. It's just too hard not pick. I also like vision in general, although that seems to matter less in this game than Dota.

So far I am sold on the increased CD on Misha's stun, it's pretty good and it's good to have her more active in team fights. People can't right click you if they're being stunned more often. I'm not sold on the increased slow at 4. I do wanna try the merc talent at 4, but that requires the right map and team comp. I keep passing on that talent for the team fight sustain at 4.

Edit: Man, I like Easy Prey.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ya'll continue exploring Rexxars abilities so that when I start playing him, I can get some ez coaching!

Yoshichan

Free Hero Rotation - Week of September 15, 2015

Li Li
ETC
Arthas
Sonya
Tychus
Nazeebo (Available after you reach player level 12)
Butcher (Available after you reach player level 15)

Alavard

Free Hero Rotation - Week of September 15, 2015

Li Li
ETC
Arthas
Sonya
Tychus
Nazeebo (Available after you reach player level 12)
Butcher (Available after you reach player level 15)

Hrm. Well, that's marginally better than this week, where every game has Stitches and Brightwing. Nazeebo + Butcher being present in many matches is a nice combo, but I'm not looking forward to a lot of new Sonya players.

Ketch

I'm not sold on the increased slow at 4.

it makes his Q one of the best slows in the game, even better then leoric's which is only 2 seconds I think without talents (which is a lvl 7 talent for him) by comparison Chen doesn't get 40% slow until like lvl 16. I think the only slow which beats this lvl 4 talent is butcher slam. But I might be forgetting something.

Everything else at that tier is bad by comparison. the lifesteal is based off mishas health and attack which are both mediocre, especially useless since mend pet is already overly strong. the merc talent is a merc talent. and the other bird talent is a poke/lanning tool that comes too late in the game even at lvl 4, and doesn't do enough damage on too long of a cooldown to matter anyway.

So you end up with one of the best slows in the game vs. a bunch of mediocre options. I think it's one of the easiest picks for him. Only the merc talent might compete but only in very specific circumstances ie haunted mines.

AND then you combine it with the CDR for stun at 7 and misha gets a bunch of free auto attacks on the slow target to proc the CDR even faster.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yeah, she did, she got her HP buffed a tad cause the prior nerf was overkill AND she got a ranged damage buff. This alongside Imposing Presence getting nerfed made her great.

Yeah, Hammer after the buffs has become my favorite hero in the game. I know she isn't top tier or anything but I enjoy playing the hero so damn much. I don't have any hero to level 10 yet but Hammer will be my first to get there.

Rehgar is one of the strongest healers in the game. Only Uther is arguably better. I'm so white girl right now because of how much I literally can't even.

Yeah, I like Rehgar a lot, but I still prefer Malfurion for some reason. I'm not sure which healer is technically better but I seem to do better with Malf personally.

brian!

Malf has mule access, waveclear, cc chaining, and slower aoe heal in his ult

Rehgar has largest non ult late game aoe heal in groups, good escape, large single target heal, not bad burst heal compared to malf

Iunno both are good, malf is more intuitive because he's not melee

Alur

Yeah, I like Rehgar a lot, but I still prefer Malfurion for some reason. I'm not sure which healer is technically better but I seem to do better with Malf personally.

It depends a lot on the comp you have and the comp you are facing. They (including Uther) have their strengths with certain heroes and weaknesses against others. I guess you can throw monk in there too in some scenarios.

it makes his Q one of the best slows in the game, even better then leoric's which is only 2 seconds I think without talents (which is a lvl 7 talent for him) by comparison Chen doesn't get 40% slow until like lvl 16. I think the only slow which beats this lvl 4 talent is butcher slam. But I might be forgetting something.

Everything else at that tier is bad by comparison. the lifesteal is based off mishas health and attack which are both mediocre, especially useless since mend pet is already overly strong. the merc talent is a merc talent. and the other bird talent is a poke/lanning tool that comes too late in the game even at lvl 4, and doesn't do enough damage on too long of a cooldown to matter anyway.

So you end up with one of the best slows in the game vs. a bunch of mediocre options. I think it's one of the easiest picks for him. Only the merc talent might compete but only in very specific circumstances ie haunted mines.

AND then you combine it with the CDR for stun at 7 and misha gets a bunch of free auto attacks on the slow target to proc the CDR even faster.

I think Easy Prey is worthwhile if you're going Bestial Rage and dealing with large single target objectives--bosses, terrors, golems, immortals--or if you plan on peeling away after each team and objective fight to merc. Without Easy Prey at 4 or Bird of Prey at 7, you just take a long time to clear a camp on your own, even if Misha can tank it easily. Bird of Prey is the better creep killing talent, it melts waves and merc camps so, so quickly but you lose teamfight utility over the Misha talents (I think 7's axe range needs to be baked in to Rexxar).

I do really like the CDR, if Misha is right clicking constantly in a fight, you're knocking 6 seconds off the CD of Misha Charge. I could see myself using Crippling Talons more with Unleash the Boars builds.

Alavard

Do you guys like feign death, it doesnt seem worthwhile to me, like maybe if you take buff misha ult?

I haven't picked up Rexxar yet, but from playing with and against him, it seems like Feign Death gets him out of an awful lot of big ults with windups, like Kael's Pyroblast, with only a 35 second cooldown. The control of misha is the less important part of the ability.

From that perspective, I quite like it.

Feign Death is so good. I mean, if you're out of position and use it, you're dead anyways but it's so good at shutting down or dodging so many things. Rexxar has a lot of the same problems as Jaina or Kael'thas, dive and ranged CC and nukes.

brian!

I haven't picked up Rexxar yet, but from playing with and against him, it seems like Feign Death gets him out of an awful lot of big ults with windups, like Kael's Pyroblast, with only a 35 second cooldown. The control of misha is the less important part of the ability.

From that perspective, I quite like it.

Yeah i just dont like the idea of it on a supposed tank but i guess ppl are saying he's more of a damage dealer tho

While Rexxar is classified as a warrior, he has almost all of the same problems as Jaina and Kael'thas. He's heavily reliant on good positioning and has one and half skills (that slow is no guarantee) to survive without FD if he gets caught out or dived. You're a warrior, you've got to initiate almost every fight with Misha and be on the forefront of teamfights but you also have to be cautious of Rexxar's positioning because of dive heroes, ranged CC and nukes. You've got to weave in and out of the scrum. Stay close enough to get Misha in the mix but don't put Rexxar in jeopardy. Good positioning is just generally a good thing to have in MOBA's, regardless of what hero you're playing as, but warriors (and Dota str heroes) tend to be a little more forgiving in that you typically don't die immediately if you make a mistake or get dived. You can take a bit of a punching typically. Rexxar doesn't have that buffer if someone can bypass the bear and/or eliminate the safety of your positioning.

Zeratul is really good against Rexxar. A decent wormhole Zeratul is probably one of the best counters. The list of heroes and abilities that can give a KT fits can also apply to Rexxar.

So Blizz released HL august leaderboard and

chu8
Grandork
Niero
Killsky
NiHaoMa
Ratan
CuongMar
bigempct
Megalomaniac
KingCaffeine
chu8

chu got on twice at 17 and 28

Nick and ZP didn't make it but there's also a notable occlusion of a lot of pro players. Also McIntyre at 4

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
played with an idiot this morning (unfortunately got matched with him for two ranked games in a row) that kept harping on how mage combo (jaina and kt) is terrible.

the second game he chooses KT, knowing that a Jaina was going to be picked.

then he blames the mage combo, of which he is part of, but it is still not his fault

lost both games and lost a rank. my MMR is absolutely terrible in both QM and HL

Alavard

Zeratul is really good against Rexxar. A decent wormhole Zeratul is probably one of the best counters. The list of heroes and abilities that can give a KT fits can also apply to Rexxar.

Rexxar is pretty good against an offensive Kharazim too, or at least any Kharazim that takes Seven Sided Strike. Having two bodies close together means Kharazim will rarely be able to get all the hits onto Rexxar.

Alur

So Blizz released HL august leaderboard and

chu got on twice at 17 and 28

Nick and ZP didn't make it but there's also a notable occlusion of a lot of pro players. Also McIntyre at 4

There must be a mistake. I don't see Ketch at #1 or Milly at #2. Hell I don't even see proto or myself in the top 100.

Blizzard do you even MMR?!?

A lot of the pro players haven't been playing HL.

Yep. I'm genuinely surprised that McIntyre was #4. chu8 having two of the top 30 is also pretty impressive IMO considering the amount of games he plays.

If iDream is #2 I wish he'd iStream a little more. I've seen him on a grand total of one time ever and that was due to SEL.

EDIT: Also mega lulz at all the trolling of ZPs because of his post. It is amazing that of the two TS streamers, he actually gets more trolling. Da fuq.

Milly79

Level 1 Kerrigan is one of the strongest heroes in the game. She enables incredibly early ganks better than anyone else - her weakness is she scales poorly as the game goes on.

I do agree that thrall isnt dumpster tier though weak, but not completely useless.

And Bob won, yay!

I don't disagree with that. I just think Kerrigan is an all-in hero, whereas Thrall has a little more room due to his Q and having a speed buff off of E. I've never tried the Q ally leap on Kerrigan, as I think the shield talents are the way to go. Maybe I just jive better with Thrall? I'm not terrible at Kerrigan either, she just seems a lot more squishy even with the buffs.

And it's pretty sad that ZPs gets trolled more. He's actually interesting to watch and informative whenever he does stream. I haven't seen him that much lately, although I haven't really been keeping track either.

Yoshichan

FIRST SSD GET!

Alavard

That doesn't even seem like it's all of the bugs.

Yeah, based on the comments in that thread, it sounds like there's a few more.

The thing I take away is that he's up to 6th from bottom in winrate on Hostlogs now, up from 2nd worst. Just fixing his bugs and players getting more used to Misha's 'controls' might be enough to bump him up another 10 spots.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Soo, after checking this out for a bit, how would I best go finding "my* hero? Choose by style and first impression, play hours with every single one, pick one of the beginner characters? It's fun so far but really a bit overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom