• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these games I've watched have been lost at the draft. Stupid pubstomp comps that work in 5 player queue QM but crumple when a bit of scrutiny is applied in a draft.

It feels like a big problem this game has is once there's no mirror matches, the list of viable heroes is pretty short. I think they're forcing the competitive scene too soon and probably "released" the game too soon as well. Blizzard probably feel compelled to do so to try and grow the player base but the hero pool feels too small still.

Another problem is there's really only one viable strategy to playing this game. 5-Man Doto/Deathballing. The flavour of the 5-man deathball changes a bit map-to-map with the objective and the mercenaries but it's always 5-man. There's the potential for split-pushing and gank-centric teams but those things are currently limited by hero, objective and map design in HotS. Past 10 there's rarely a reason for some key hero to be out alone that can get caught out by a ganker like a Clinkz, Bounter Hunter or Nyx. Or in HotS's case, Zeratul or Nova. There's no farming, no jungling, no reason to split up past 10, not a whole lot of risk/reward for doing so. I think that's why I like Dragonshire, it's one of the few maps that forces the team to remain split up, for at least a portion of play, until one summons the dragon knight. It's one of the few maps where laning assignments, hero match ups, rotations or lack there of, feel like they matter and can really decide the early game.

Another problem is there's really only one viable strategy to playing this game. 5-Man Doto/Deathballing. The flavour of the 5-man deathball changes a bit map-to-map with the objective and the mercenaries but it's always 5-man. There's the potential for split-pushing and gank-centric teams but those things are currently limited by hero, objective and map design in HotS. Past 10 there's rarely a reason for some key hero to be out alone that can get caught out by a ganker like a Clinkz, Bounter Hunter or Nyx. Or in HotS's case, Zeratul or Nova. There's no farming, no jungling, no reason to split up past 10, not a whole lot of risk/reward for doing so. I think that's why I like Dragonshire, it's one of the few maps that forces the team to remain split up, for at least a portion of play, until one summons the dragon knight. It's one of the few maps where laning assignments, hero match ups, rotations or lack there of, feel like they matter and can really decide the early game.

They really do need to change this but I'm not sure how without major redesigns of everything.

Ketch

They must be doing the drafts way ahead of time and then letting the game load while they put all the portraits on the screens behind them.

Such a good draft from c9. Reactive and well rounded. Butcher pick was way too early.

kirblar

They must be doing the drafts way ahead of time and then letting the game load while they put all the portraits on the screens behind them.
That's definitely what's going on- the teams are huddling around 2 PAs on each side with an IPad, but then the PAs leave minutes before the final draft picks are done.

lolZuna.

edit: Yeah, I didn't understand revealing him so early- I guess they were worried about one of Ty/Butcher getting snapped up or banned.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
they lost on the draft, they probably can't choose butcher so soon. but, zuna was doing like a 1v5 at one point inside the other team's fort, like what the hell was that

Heigic

Commentators mention bruiser camp C9 goes to bruiser camp
Commentators mention their boss C9 goes to their boss

Can they hear the commentators? It seemed a bit suspicious.

kirblar

TS down 2 kills = .5 behind
TS gets it to 2-2 = even exp
TS gets another kill to 3-2= .25 ahead
C9 gets another kill = back to even

Now watch the EXP from kills in the late game.

Fmal

Banned
I'm pretty close to rank ten on Uther, and I have ten thousand gold coins in the bank. What are the chances Blizzard isn't going to completely neuter him next patch?

Ketch

I don't think dread knows how SSS works. Divine Palm could have actually worked against all that aoe and the kerrigan combo too. Such bad play and decision making coming out of TS in this series.

I'm pretty close to rank ten on Uther, and I have ten thousand gold coins in the bank. What are the chances Blizzard isn't going to completely neuter him next patch?

I would be very surprised if he didn't see any changes. Also, his master skin is lame. 10k gold for a helmet

Fmal

Banned
I don't think dread knows how SSS works. Divine Palm could have actually worked against all that aoe and the kerrigan combo too. Such bad play and decision making coming out of TS in this series.

I would be very surprised if he didn't see any changes. Also, his master skin is lame. 10k gold for a helmet

You get another shoulder pad out of it too!

I'm going to spec on a medium powered hero that Blizzard is going to make playable with the next patch. Tychus? Thrall?

kirblar

Yeah, I noticed that too- he's not using SSS right at all.

edit: Tychus is actually playable already - most of the Specs/Assassins are.

Ketch

You could see the difference in teamwork/execution in that match. Every flank attempt by c9 getting consistently shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom