• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for Morales just because I need another fucking support

I've hit burnout with Rehgar like I did with Gazlowe

P.S. for some reason it didn't occur to me that googling "Morales hots" was going to bring up a bunch of latina cheesecake

P.P.S. I don't think there's a single character in Overwatch that I like aesthetically. Maybe Pharah. But I doubt I'll ever play the game regardless, I both suck at and dislike competitive first person anything. Unless it's Timesplitters.

Ketch

how is there a PTR with no patch notes? just the new hero? that you have to buy with money?

hilarious if true.

Jake with a statement on the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssltlFfcf1g (I'm actually in shock, he explicitly states what I stated earlier.)

edit: lol this is scary GET OUT OF MY HEAD JAKE

it makes sense from a business standpoint, it's just kind of sucks that they've been working on it together for so long and they couldn't work something out that schamtoo was happy with. I wonder if they asked him, or would ask him, to do behind the scenes production on the episodes where he's not co-hosting. He's hosted the show before and he does production stuff for MLG right? Wjat his connection with MLG? Anyway, it would do the show good to have a dedicated producer and he'd still be able to participate without needing to be in the weeds with the pro scene.

Alur

Jake with a statement on the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssltlFfcf1g (I'm actually in shock, he explicitly states what I stated earlier.)

Props to him for doing this. I did cringe at the "he was the weakest link" right after he said it was an apology to him, but I digress.

Everything he said is fine if they can make it work. But covering changes and happenings in the community instead of getting derailed on the same two or three topics needs to be part of that (and I guess he addressed that to some degree when talking about Zoia shitting all over everything when he doesn't wanna hear about it).

how is there a PTR with no patch notes? just the new hero? that you have to buy with money?

hilarious if true.

Where you see that? I don't see PTR up or patch notes or anything really.

subwilde

Haven't been playing much HotS as of late but I would def come back for a PTR. I'm so close to getting global elite in cs:go(think master league for HotS), it's all I've been playing. Medic sounds like a blast tho and just maybe the hero I need to pull me out of counter strike.

Too bad ZP doesn't stream anymore ;_;

Milly79

Haven't been playing much HotS as of late but I would def come back for a PTR. I'm so close to getting global elite in cs:go(think master league for HotS), it's all I've been playing. Medic sounds like a blast tho and just maybe the hero I need to pull me out of counter strike.

He's streaming right now. He even brought back the camera.

Alur

Haven't been playing much HotS as of late but I would def come back for a PTR. I'm so close to getting global elite in cs:go(think master league for HotS), it's all I've been playing

ENQ4Wqk.gif

CS:GO? CS:GTFO with that :p

ZPs has been back streaming the last 3 mornings. He went to Vegas which is why he was gone. He's streaming right now actually.

He's streaming right now. He even brought back the camera.

I see you not logged in and ignoring my text breh. I c u.

Skab

That sounds like Overwatch and for the classic character... maybe Blackthorne?

Overwatch stuff makes even more sense when considering the beta should be around the corner.

Edit: Medic ability list

Basic Abilities
Healing Beam (Q): Heal a single ally every half second for as long as they remain near you. Pressing Q allows you to reselect your target, or you can cancel the channeling by activating your trait. There is no cooldown on this ability.
Safeguard (W): Reduce the damage the targeted ally takes for three seconds.
Displacement Grenade (E): Throw out a grenade that explodes as soon as it comes into contact with an enemy, dealing damage and knocking nearby enemies back.

Heroics
Medivac Dropship (R): Select a spot to travel to, causing you to enter a dropship. Teammates can then join you, and after four seconds, you'll travel to the chosen area.
Stim Drone (R): Select an ally to receive a 75 percent increase in attack speed and 25 percent additional movement speed for ten seconds.

Trait
Caduceus Reactor: After going four seconds without taking damage, regenerate 3 percent of your max health every second.

Source http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heroes-of-the-storms-new-starcraft-medic-sounds-li/1100-6430851/

I wish the Try Option on the store was at least a proper bot match rather than that weird one lane map where it's you and Malfurion versus an Arthas on the Nerf/Wiffle Bat difficulty level. Some heroes don't work well in that weird custom map.

Alavard

Healing Beam (Q): Heal a single ally every half second for as long as they remain near you. Pressing Q allows you to reselect your target, or you can cancel the channeling by activating your trait. There is no cooldown on this ability.

Trait
Caduceus Reactor: After going four seconds without taking damage, regenerate 3 percent of your max health every second.

So there's some activated part of the trait that we don't know about yet.

Edit... or the trait needs to be activated at all, and can only be used if you haven't taken damage for four seconds... which would be weird.

It would be hilarious if that killed everyone on board.

It taking 4 seconds to start moving sounds like a good design choice because it limits the ultimate to being a tool for initiation and less of a reliable escape. The last thing this game needs is a team wide Bolt of the Storm at level 10.

Alur

So there's some activated part of the trait that we don't know about yet.

Edit... or the trait needs to be activated at all, and can only be used if you haven't taken damage for four seconds... which would be weird.

It's not weird. That's how Muradin's trait works too. She'll heal to full health in 30 seconds out of combat since she can't heal herself.

If it is activitable on the Q, would it allow her to heal in combat? I see what you mean about the weird wording, guess you didn't meant the trait being weird in and of itself.

it sounds like she will be an amazing healer. Im a little sad that her trait is pretty much muradins and her grenade is pretty much tychus's

Skab

Yeah the grenade feels weird to me. Almost like they couldn't come up with something else and just tossed it in to round out the kit.

Alur

I think the knockback fits with the W and all that. She's a mitigator, and knocking them back mitigates damage along with W.

Maledict

Listening to the THH discussion, and it's interesting.

I agree with the removal of Schamtoo if they want to bring in more guests (6 was too many). He wasn't in sync with the rest of the team, he often was very behind on the meta or strats, and was just saying things that weren't right. Great guy but he wasn't playing at their level and it showed.

HOWEVER, the show needs some serious work. It's easily the most amateurish of any podcast I listen too, and a lot of potentially interesting discussion doesn't happen at all. Key things I think they need to work on:

1) They need to talk more about the game rather than stupid "shots fired". We want to hear what the pro's think of patch changes, hero balance, the meta-game - not stupid insults and in jokes between friends.

2) We need more discussion on changes in the game - the focus on patch changes has been shrinking since I started listening. I want to hear their thoughts on all the change,s and not have Zoia shut something down completely because he isn't interested.

3) Real discusson on EU meta and teams beyond Zoia mouthing off would be really welcome, plus the other regions as well if they can - if they want to be the pro podcast, they need to cover the games biggest regions.

I'd also suggest they drop the live stream thing, and do some post-production and editing to tighten the whole thing up but I think that is too much work given their current workloads. I love the cast, and think this is probably the best way forward, but they do need to look at some of the other issues with it.

The strategies with the dropship are gonna be hilarious.

• 1 stays behind to delay the hearthing while 4 of the team go wreck the core.
  • No matter where if there's a teamwipe it's over.
  • Everyone's missing let's crash the party.
  • They are attacking our fort let's get their keep.

I wonder if the landing spot is gonna be telegraphed like Falstad

That freudian slip, Zoia's and Cooby's seats are shaky now that Solid Jake has tasted blood.

Would have preferred a rotating chair, still would only be 3 hosts and not every week everyone had exciting things to share anyway.

Going through the comments and right now and

To be frank, you are completely ignoring the personality of the show. Jake you are a straight monotone analyst host, Cooby is also.....a straight monotone analyst host neither of you have a strong personality or identity that is separate from one another you are both interchangeable when it comes to your skills, and how you see and approach the game.

that's not completely untrue. I do mix them up from time to timeconstantly.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

goldentiger-1.jpg

Golden Tiger Mount -- MB-D666768A38D3E5B7 - Taken by Brawndo Addict. 9 entrants total.

t1443144424z1.png
Also comes with a profile icon!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Just the MB code part will work.

I hope the No Lurkers rule doesn't actually mean the Steam thread, I wanted it for this thread.

Might want to stealthily get five posts in there in the next three hours just in case

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
thanks for wasting my time today blizz

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let's win that gold tiger to annoy Alur

"You don't even play anymore!"

giphy.gif

Maledict

Eu finals aren't until the 3rd and 4th though. Unless they intended to release today and then go live on Tuesday this won't effect them at all - medic patch should still go live on the 6th as planned.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
milly i knew cloud9 finally saw the potential in you :3 congrats to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom