• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yoshi we're in the same ai game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
second time i bump into a gaf person on ptr
OMG !!!!

Edit: trying out Mishas fixate, working out perfectly! GJ Blizz.

kirblar

I'm bugged on PTR. A download keeps popping up on the right like a new patch or hotfix is available in game on the hero select screen, but it never finishes and continues appearing and then disappearing.
It should go away, its data being downloaded that isn't on your pc.

edit: Are you guys in the NeoGAF channel? We should 5 man.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The effect from the towers when you get targeted:

YvtMk0y.jpg

Edit: swoop damage down to 200% really hurts the tempo of Rexxar :/

Edit 2: okay, brian just used Shadowstalk. 50 cd timer AND insane healing? Crazy.

Edit 3: we just back door'd the entire map with Medics medivac ultimate :lol

Yoshichan

New portrait (indicating that there will be an event soon... 200% XP boost?!)

inRRiVB.png

Trying out Tassadars new shield stuff right now.

Yoshichan

Okay, I am in LOVE with the new Tassadar. WOW! Leeching Plasma change + 5 seconds instead of 8 seconds on shield combined with Khala's Embrace (half of expired shields is retained) enables Tassadar to have a very quick shield rotation up on allies.

Basically, as soon as the shield depletes (naturally, non-damage), you can put a new one instantly.

Yoshichan

Stunlocking the core with W

Rating the game (1 being "bad", 5 being "excellent")

And I'm done with the testing for today :) It was fun, I'm definitely liking all the changes so far. Diablo seems sick as well, I need to try him out later. Small changes really does a lot, huh?

Wow the grenade feels awesome, forget ETC, forget jaina flanking. Medic is where it's at.

I was thinking of picking the refund mana on reinforce combined with the recast ability but it looks like the 2nd cast gives you no mana.

I don't like the progress bar, some just don't have as good running PCs and it will take longer, now people have an outlet when they are kept waiting.

The VP nerf seems much harsher than the wormhole nerf. Don't think they can move it away from 13, Zeratul is just much too vulnerable without it.

VP range is really short now and man is the AI good at spotting stealthers.

Alur

I'm down for 5s on PTR later. I had to leave for a bit to get my son fitted for hockey gear.

Medic is fun btw. The trait buff at 20 is insane. Stim was fun. Healed 130k in the one game we played.

Most Milly79 hero ever though. Stand in the back and q
q
. Passive to the max!

The Chen changes are hard to judge in bot matches. The decreased cost of brew per skill use seems like a buff but how he regenerates brew while drinking, now gaining brew in chunks of 5, I dunno if it's a buff or not. He's lost Chug but gained Bottomless, which now decreases the CD of drinking instead of increasing the amount he would drink. I don't know if that's a buff or not either.

With Grounding Brew, the new level 1 talent, it's a little easier to take more of a punching and last channel to combo to channel.

Ketch

the rexxar change is so nice. shit just works now

it no longer feels like i'm trying to do long division in my head while I play him.

I'm down for 5s on PTR later. I had to leave for a bit to get my son fitted for hockey gear.

Medic is fun btw. The trait buff at 20 is insane. Stim was fun. Healed 130k in the one game we played.

Most Milly79 hero ever though. Stand in the back and q
q
. Passive to the max!

oh damn, I thought you were gonna say: "constantly leaching off of somebody else"

Re: Abathur, man what the hell are they trying to do with Monstrosity? Make it more micromanagement heavy so it can't push without constant babysitting, or allowing you to hide it in a bush? I just don't get it.

Hitting R to auto-symbiote it without having to target is nice I guess, but between this and the stealth reduction on UE last patch, I'm gonna have to rethink my whole playstyle.

Alur

Past 10 Medic seemingly has no mana issues

I couldn't tell based on the one game. Early going she was running dry, though part of that was because proto and Milly were going HAM.

The trait at 20 definitely makes mana issues go away whether they are there or not, plus getting an extra 1/4th to 1/3rd health at all times.

Didn't get to try drop ship.

All in all as a support player she is exciting for me. Definitely reminds me a lot of playing operative in SWTOR.

I couldn't tell based on the one game. Early going she was running dry, though part of that was because proto and Milly were going HAM.

The trait at 20 definitely makes mana issues go away whether they are there or not, plus getting an extra 1/4th to 1/3rd health at all times.

All in all as a support player she is exciting for me. Definitely reminds me a lot of playing operative in SWTOR.

Early game you kind of have to manage your use of the healing beam but around 10 or 13 you can pretty much spam it and leave it on. It's only when you start to actively use the other abilities on top of the healing beam that your mana pool starts to deplete.

Overall she's pretty fun, closest thing there is to a hard support in HotS. I like how her basic kit is entirely damage mitigation. The grande is fun to play around with as well, there's some real risk/reward to using it offensively. Stim Drone is nuts on right-click heroes like Butcher and Tychus, the level 20 talent even moreso. And the dropship is just stupid fun. It's like a Wisp Global gank, only you can bring your entire team.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Dont you mean trooper / bounty hunter. You know, the ones with the actual heal guns :p

Ketch

What changed exactly that makes such a difference?

they added a button to make misha control like raynor's raiders and water ele and increased the leash range by quite a bit. Now you can just point and click on your target and then kite or attack something else with rexxar. You can also make her stand in one place while you go or do something else. But she keeps her logic from before aswell, so as long as you haven't told her to do something specifically she'll behave like she used to.... which sounds like it might be bad, but it's actually super smooth and intuitive and it just fucking works. I like it a lot.

On haunted mines I was able to park misha in the jungle side bush to scout for ganks, kill two skull camps at the same time, and cap the watch tower while misha was doing giants.

Alur

Best change has to be the loading screen though. Makes having those portraits worth something.

Also McIntyre doing ARAM's on PTR for viewers if anyone is still up. Was just doing viewer games but got too many people.

Dont you mean trooper / bounty hunter. You know, the ones with the actual heal guns :p

I mean more in being able to move while healing + the heal looks very operative-esque. Like Diagnostic Scan.

Alur

I actually hate this change
turns out i'm the last one to load. loading screen must be broken

EZ/Milly was last in our group too (in that one game anyway). Mine seems to go pretty fast.

I was wondering if we'd ever have something like that once I saw it in League. I like it honestly, we've had a ton of 3-5 min load screens with people disconnecting right as they load in lately.

Yoshichan

Good morning! PTR was fun as hell yesterday - game honestly feels better!

So you can play as Artanis if you select Random and have LOTV pre-purchased? Neat. Haven't tried to get him yet but I'll see if I can later on today.

Tested new Chen today. He's fun. I like him a lot. The other Quality-of-Life changes to the game (new load screen, post-game surveys, etc.) are really nice.

Yoshichan

I wish someone would just record a bunch of Artanis footage.

Artanis is a gift for pre-purchasing Legacy of the Void?

I believe he's free if you purchase the game, don't have to prepurchase at least if I read the website correctly, though obviously if you don't prepurchase it's not applied to your hots account at the moment so you wouldn't be able to test it.

I believe he's free if you purchase the game, don't have to prepurchase at least if I read the website correctly, though obviously if you don't prepurchase it's not applied to your hots account at the moment so you wouldn't be able to test it.

Doesn't random on PTR give you access to characters mounts and skins you don't actually have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom