• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

I get why Cho'Gall doesn't have mana because the hero would be unusable otherwise (even with 2 separate mana pools), but I'm not sure the CD's on his spells are in the right place. Cho's feel too long and Gall's too short. Gall's Shadowflame is 1 second shorter of a CD than Murky's Slime (3 vs 4) , while 2 of Cho's abilities are 12+ seconds.

Cho's impact just feels pretty weak compared to Gall. His fist ability is clunky and doesn't seem useful unless you heavily talent it (but why would you when the other options are so much better). The aoe flame ability is better but not great, although it becomes a very powerful defensive spell with talents. The end result is that Cho doesn't really have much to actively do other than pressing Rune Bomb for Gall and moving around so Gall can cast his other spells. It feels like if you split them up, Cho would be trash, but Gall would still be good.

Time will tell of course, and most games are skewed by the fact there's a Cho'Gall on each team. With a 5 man team vs a Cho'Gall it's much easier to counterplay in my opinion, but when you have 2 running around things are just chaotic.
This may be by design, due to Cho being the one who controls movement.

Still cant play the game because it always lag to me, I dont know why it keep kicking me out then try to reconnect the entire match. At least got Cho before running away.

RedFyn

Rehgar + Chogall is awesome.

Still cant play the game because it always lag to me, I dont know why it keep kicking me out then try to reconnect the entire match. At least got Cho before running away.
I quit playing for a while because I kept having this happen. I decided to hop back on during blizzcon and everything is fine again.

This may be by design, due to Cho being the one who controls movement.

Yeah I keep forgetting Gall has nothing to do but cast spells lol. Would be very boring without lots of things to press.

I guess hero movement is just so normal that it feels weird for it to count against Cho's kit.

Blu(e)

Shove is a really dumb talent. Doesn't work against zombie wall btw. Can probably dodge a Muradin/Johanna stun if you're super on it.

Auteezy

Banned
how do i unlock chogall?

I've had this game since alpha but I play like 10 games every few months and am not really sure how to play.

Guesong

Cant figure out if ChoGall is really good or really bad yet.

He can be easily countered if you pick CC for him but jesus you are dead if you do not.

Well he is certainly quite entertaining!

brian!

havent played gall, first game i played mah gall was afk but I still felt pretty useful, 2nd game was first time i ever saw a 5 lvl lead

this is the build i used, I didnt try the other ult yet
block (heal if no healer, block is good for being in da shit tho)
burst dmg off e
heal off w
hammer
molten block
q slow
hammer upgrade

leveling up and talent spikes on him feel like they are worth more than double, havent played him against a non-chogall team dunno what that looks like

Celegus

Cho'Gall is so much fun! My wife is having a blast blowing everyone up as Gall while I steer. This type of setup is totally up her alley, good job making such a unique character that actually works Blizz!

Alur

Don't think anyone is really left in NeoGAF chat and most folks never realized how to turn it on so you could see it while in game. Basically the chat system as is currently sucks. It wasn't useful to use for what most folks wanted it for.

Better to post here about stuff I guess.

Don't think anyone is really left in NeoGAF chat and most folks never realized how to turn it on so you could see it while in game. Basically the chat system as is currently sucks. It wasn't useful to use for what most folks wanted it for.

Better to post here about stuff I guess.

whats the channel info, ill join

Xyphie

I have Cho'gall on Europe for those that need them. Can help from now until 12:00-13:00 or so and more later in the afternoon and evening. QM or bot matches, your preference.

Quote for Battletag.

I have Cho'gall on Europe for those that need them. Can help from now until 12:00-13:00 or so and more later in the afternoon and evening. QM or bot matches, your preference.

Quote for Battletag.

Sent you a request, was looking for someone to do it this morning.

Staab

Quote for Battletag.
Thanks man !

Cho'Gall is pretty damn fun, a bit weird and remains to be seen how it makes up for a loss of 1 player character but I like the skillset !

Maledict

Just re the discussion in the main forum.

What is wrong with Dota 2 players?

Whenever anyone talks about a MOBA, you always get fanatics rushing in and attacking anything that isn't Dota 2. I've never seen it happen with LoL, and yet Dota 2 players seem to suffer from this massive insecurity that forces them to constantly tell other people how bad their game is and how much better Dota is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
spreading that shit like wild fire

Syf

Banned

Whenever anyone talks about a MOBA, you always get fanatics rushing in and attacking anything that isn't Dota 2. I've never seen it happen with LoL, and yet Dota 2 players seem to suffer from this massive insecurity that forces them to constantly tell other people how bad their game is and how much better Dota is.
Yeah, I don't know if it's just on this forum or what but it always seems to be them shitting up threads.

protonium

How badly did they nerf Zeratul over the last 3 months or so? He seems so weak now.

How now? I played with a number of tacticians yesterday who picked Zera/Nova on Cho'Gall's release day. If they're lucky, they'd have 3 hero targets at best. Needless to say, it did not end well for them or their team.

Seems like Cho'Gall spread really quickly. Played this morning at 6-8 AM US Central and I had to seek out people needing Cho'Gall in General, NeoGAF, MFPT, and Cho'Gall channels before I was able to complete the four games to get my 2,200 gold. I saw more people loking for people to give CG to than people looking for someone to get it from. I suspect by tomorrow the vast majority of players will easily have Cho'Gall unlocked.

On the bright side, friends can always make new accounts and group up to get the 2,200 gold quest completed on their main account.

Twookie

As a Dota 2 player I can confirm that all of what you guys are saying is true.

same, hoho

it is really easy to see who has a bias against hots in that thread

why can't there be more than one game in the genre without people trying to berate the game for not being that other game that they play? >:/

Alur

The reasoning that has been given to me a few times by non-moba fans and people who like more than one moba has some merit I think:

Basically you don't see the same amount of insecurity and threadshitting (here and elsewhere) from League of Legends players because it is unquestionably the top game in the world. Tons of people play it, it's esports is huge, it's esports stars are huge, and it rules the moba space. There is nothing for League players to defend because nothing is evening threatening it's superiority. Dota fanatics seem to have a huge complex about this w/ League fans, and then it trickles on down to games like Smite and HOTS.

Likewise I think you don't see it from HOTS cause it's both very new, tailored to a bit of a more agreeable (or maybe just relaxed? I wouldn't say necessarily casual in the way we normally do) type of player and odds are they'd just get laughed out of the argument anyway.

For Dota it's not the biggest but it's based closest on the original and takes the most work/skill, so therefore everything else is inferior and for casuals and (insert excuse here) and your game sux feeder.

Alur

LOL, that thread. The hyperbole. Some decent critiques in there, for sure, but most of it...I will refrain from trying to fight the good fight. Some of this stuff, though...well, at least it's good for a giggle m8

"over my entire time playing HOTS I've only seen two players with skins"

as an argument showcasing that all the skins are bad...while I see them every game and on every stream and people fall all over themselves each time a new video w/ skins is released

giphy.gif

"Too many half baked ideas and the game is dumbed down completely. It's ridiculous."

Hmm...I thought it didn't have any original ideas? Now it does but they are half baked. Progress?

noOzE.gif

"The "laning" phase, if that is even a thing, is so boring and pointless as there is nothing to compete over. Nobody is going to try to push a tower at level 1."

And then there was patch 15.0. But srsly when has any game had people taking towers at level one? Pushing your lane maybe, but killing a tower? I've never seen that in League.

images

"People also won't take fights very much at level 1."

These guise say hai, as does every Booty Bay quick match ever, along with all stealth and melee heroes in every game since beta.

South-Korea.gif

"Cho'Gall is just a silly gimmick of something Dota players have been doing with one person for years."

huehue wut do i even say

skYOFwB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom