• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
just bought a new computer, part by part, good bye money and everything else

here's hoping it can play heroes in 100fps at 1080p on the lowest settings possible. You never know with this game.

Alur

I said I would deliver and so I shall.

Drunk JakEgg dancing.

h6N06cj.gif

And the cherry on top...BM JakEgg:

"shitters be shit"

here's hoping it can play heroes in 100fps at 1080p on the lowest settings possible. You never know with this game.

Surely to god. I run on max with no FPS issues whatsoever and I have what amounts to a mildly better version of the PC kirblar was going to buy.

Alur

Any of you NA guys that want to play I'd be glad too. I've played a bit, mainly support heroes as I suck at FPS, but the game is ridiculously fun.

A big GAF group would be amazing.

Everyone did I think.

Just a set number of random accounts actually.

Alur

Everyone's reaction to the sale news:

jloDuBf.jpg

HOTS team feels like someone got a hold of a real PR department in the past 3-4 weeks.

protonium

Out of curiosity, is anyone in this thread playing HotS completely F2P? Does the upcoming Black Friday sale sway you towards making a purchase?

I've probably spent about $40 on the game so far, just on skins and I think the Johanna bundle.

I use gold on characters otherwise, but I only really play like 8 heroes, and I don't really like most Master skins. The 100k gold rotting in my coffers is testament to this.

Out of curiosity, is anyone in this thread playing HotS completely F2P? Does the upcoming Black Friday sale sway you towards making a purchase?

I do. Nah, it didn't sway me nor did i have interst looking at them. I bet they are fantastic deals, but i can't say they would be for me.

Celegus

I bought the starter pack for $5 but have never felt the urge to spend money, started playing the day it came out of beta. I have over 40k gold and already own most of the heroes I actually like playing, so I don't get where the whole "HotS gold grind sucks" thing I keep hearing. I've been perfectly fine playing free.

Indignate

Yo add me for that Overwatch action Indignate#1369

We can use moba strats.

I've only ever bought the Desert Zagara skin.

I own every hero I care to own right now, but I still wouldn't purchase one I like even with the sale. And most of the skins in this game just aren't my style. I'll probably pick up the Winter Jaina if it's a part of it though.

Edit: I lied, I bought Countess Kerrigan too but that's only cuz I consider the skin her default.

When I got into the Alpha that was my initial intention. I had Valla because I owned the RoS CE, used her mostly, and just played through the rotation to earn gold. First hero I bought was Alpha Murky, best 10k spent yet. But then the gold gain petered out pretty quickly once every hero was 5 and the account level was 40. I ended up buying the 40$ pack which gave you access to most of the heroes in the Alpha and a few mounts. Then they started doing cosmetic sales. Then the new hero bundles. I think I mostly spend gold on master skins, rarely heroes. Leoric is the only hero I purchased with gold at launch.

protonium

Heroes-wise, I've only bought the Nexus, Sylvanas, Leoric, and Kharazim bundles. I've been playing since the end of closed beta and am only missing 4 heroes and have a decent amount of gold. The gold gain-sink does seem sustainable if you keep on top of the daily quests.

Aaand then there's more skins and mounts than I know what to do with...heh. It's nice that the "free" mounts are decent for F2Pers (Hearthstone card back and mechanospider). Treasure for everrrybody!

Side note, I see far more purchased skins in Heroes than in LoL. Although that might just be the low-level scrubs that I get matched with.

I stopped buying cosmetics because I only play a small pool of heroes. There are so many cool ones in the game but there's no point in buying them, even if they're on sale, if you don't play the hero regularly.

Plus I tend to buy the digital CE's for all of Blizzard's games now, not the physical ones, and you get neat stuff with those and Blizzcon tickets. Like Murkidan. I fucking love Murkidan.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I've only spent $10 so far on the game, $5 on Abathur and another $5 on a Tyrael skin, every other hero I've bought with gold. I'm not against paying for some more stuff though as I feel the game is worth more than $10 to me, I really enjoy the hell out of it. I'll most likely spent another $20 or so during that sale next week, lol.

danielcw

Even my computer can do about 100fps on minimum, and its componentes are 3 years old, and weren't the strongest back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom