• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaina's not a Warrior and she just got nerfed hard, be aware of that.

Her kit is tons of fun and you'll feel very impactful, it's CD heavy though so after you blow your CDs you're just durdling around till they get off CD.

emptyroom

Neo Member
Jaina's not a Warrior and she just got nerfed hard, be aware of that.

Her kit is tons of fun and you'll feel very impactful, it's CD heavy though so after you blow your CDs you're just durdling around till they get off CD.

oops, for some reason I thought it said she was a melee warrior. I think i'll still check her out, can she take a lot of damage though?

emptyroom

Neo Member
ah well, I'll report back after a few matches with her. Hoping to find some time to watch the spring championship today and tomorrow. Will be good to watch how the pros do it.

Pooya

Lunara gotta be the most squishy assassin right?

she's fun but damn she sucks in QM. So much that I found out if I pick her talent for pve damage rather than hero damage it works out better in awful QM teams. It just cuts through buildings too fast.

Maledict

Because its impossible for EU to watch, and EU's the largest market.

It starts at 3 in the morning.

I love HotS e-sports, but I'm not staying up till that late to watch.

brian!

Eh i dunno about that like the timeslot affects it for sure but i dont see it doing too crazy of numbers tonight either and fighting games even are doing more during tournaments. Like 7 comments about the tournament on reddit and only like 2 post-game threads lol

Lets be generous and add double the normal eu numbers on a khaldor weekend which ill say is ~10,000 including the diff languages, numbers still way paltry, i think it hit about 20,000 last night? Les see how it is tonight tho

Milly79

she's fun but damn she sucks in QM. So much that I found out if I pick her talent for pve damage rather than hero damage it works out better in awful QM teams. It just cuts through buildings too fast.

I think at base she is. Li-Ming with glass cannon may be weaker overall, but lol Li-Ming.

Maledict

Falstad, Illidan, Jaina, Li-Ming, Nova, Raynor and Valla all have lower health than Lunara now.

(Raynor actually has the lowest health of all assassins bar Li-Ming now).

Milly79

French April fools was that we were getting loot boxes.

I really wonder if we're gonna get any in-game stuff. I don't remember when big head mode went live.

Alavard

I actually tend to have a lot of success with Lunara in QM. Most of the time I even find her quite relaxing to play. Walk into team fight, throw down some damage, walk back out and re-position, rinse and repeat. My only issue with her is that I'm still severely under-using her wisp.

Syf

Banned
I got that "you have a gift" message and thought it was something april 1 related but it was just my hotd portrait and a stimpack

Alur

So the numbers on the stream were pretty poor huh. Maybe it being thursday can be partially blamed

It wasn't just a bad time for EU, it wasn't a great time for NA either. We have several folks in thread who clearly tapped out and went to bed early or before it even started. I went to bed right after NVT lost 2-0 to EDG.

It peaked at about 20k while finally getting going at like midnight PST and 2-3 AM EST and god knows what time in Europe. There were not even any big draws in this group round either outside of NVT and potentially some Chinese/Korean curiosity for their #2's. mYi wasn't even a team people expected to go, for example, and aren't a big team in EU. I actually thought the numbers were impressive given all that.

It'll do a bit better tonight because it's the actual weekend here in NA and EU and there are big name teams competing. The time slot is gonna make it hard to reach what it did for Blizzcon though.

Edit: misread what you said.

brian!

I expect more tonight for sure but i guess the real question is how much more and how many ppl exist to watch this. I tapped out immediately after first nvt game didnt get to see them get slayed. They play mvp first too today, very rip

Alur

Anything global and most big regional events has pushed from 40-80k (obviously more for global). I think HOTS can and will pull 100k for one of these championships...but with the time slot I doubt it'll be this one.

There's a reason why when the olympics were in Beijing that NBC rebroadcast all the major events in NA prime time instead of settling for middle of the night numbers, after all.

Alur

Koreans watch Azubu don't they? That's where SKT and co stream League.

Also aren't MVP Black signed to stream on Azubu too?

Milly79

The answer is zero. I told you yesterday.

Lunar dragon and cloud serpent return next week. Doubloon and lunar tiger go bye.

Alur

Groups and matchups for Day 2:

GROUP A:

eStar Gaming
Cloud9
EDward Gaming
mYinsanity

MATCHUPS:

Cloud 9 vs EDG
eStar vs mYinsanity

GROUP B

MVP Black
Team Dignitas
Team No Limit
Team Naventic

MATCHUPS:

MVP Black vs. NVT
Dignitas vs. TNL

-------------------

Depending on how good EDG really is c9 and eStar might've just lucked into a free pass to the playoffs. I'm still say C9/eStar from group A and MVP Black and Dignitas in group B. NVT flames out in style and we get some good reddit drama once they return to American shores.

How pissed must the NVT owner be to start a whole org around these guys and have them shit the bed in two straight tournaments? I still hope they can turn it around but the tilt seems too real. McIntyre was PJSalt in that matchup against EDG yesterday.

Milly79

You think NvT disbands if they too horribly? Erho and Mac seem to get pretty salty and I'm sure this will do a number on their egos.

Gogo dignitas, they at least dominated EU but that doesn't have to say much nowadays.

Cognitasive must be pissed considering they supposedly put some real money into establishing their team and they aren't even #3.

Alur

Nah they won't disband, but some changes? I can see it. It's a powder keg of egos and everyone has known that. They have to get results to sate everyone. When I'm watching them the last two tourneys, it feels like they are both out of sync with the meta and out of sync with each other. Kenma is an obvious problem, but Zuna has been hamski in the same way he was during the fall of Tempo Storm (aka not the good way) while McIntyre is on that EZgame passive lyfe and it just doesn't work together.

Milly79

Lol.

I just don't know how tight they are and what changes would go down. I can't see them making any changes, personally. I think they'd just disband. Erho and Mac are salty dogs. Zuna and Kenma are probably a duo deal? And Fan is just calm and cool all the time.

Alur

I just don't know how tight they are and what changes would go down. I can't see them making any changes, personally. I think they'd just disband. Erho and Mac are salty dogs. Zuna and Kenma are probably a duo deal? And Fan is just calm and cool all the time.

I don't see Zuna or Fan both passing up those nice contracts they signed. Someone would remain to captain the team going forward at the very least, they aren't all gonna walk away. Perhaps they get rid of Erho or Mc, or perhaps it goes the other way and it's Zuna and Kenma who go if he won't let the Kenma thing drop. /shrug. Then again maybe they come out today like gangbusters. They are the most wild card team in the whole thing. All the talent in the world, just gotta put it together for two days like their big brothers C9 did last year at Blizzcon.

EDIT: I really do bet they wish this was played on the new patch. Cause they suck on this patch.

brian!

I dont believe nvt thought they would do great against asia coming into this

I dont think theyll really roster swap sans big attitude problems either it's not like the pool of players in na is great unless they poach from blaze or something
Well except kenma i guess

Alur

6ul0B5B.jpg

As Syfadious said above, Heroes of the Dorm bracket portraits are out. Way better than the Spring Championship ones IMO.

Sioen

Anybody could help me? I really wanna play this game since I love blizzard games. But it's just unplayable for me, I constantly get the message that I have a bad connection with the game. Even playing against bots I get this message in the left corner of my screen. This is the only game that ever tells me I have connection issues with the servers..
anybody else had this and found a solution? I looked on google but didn't find anything that would help for me.

Alur

Which region are you playing in? And you're saying it doesn't happen with other Blizzard games either?

You can swap the server you favor connecting to in your region via the options in game. There are also a few other tweaks that help performance but I'm not sure if that will affect latency.

Dunno but i just remembered that ogn also is on tv

The rebroadcast is around 10k viewers too right now.

Ketch

They're not out of the tournament already are they? I thought top two advanced. Which would be them and ED gaming.

Am I wrong?

Alur

Yeah NVT advanced. They beat the two scrub teams. Now they got MVP Black up first. I hope they can make a series of it and not get steamrolled.

Sioen

Which region are you playing in? And you're saying it doesn't happen with other Blizzard games either?

You can swap the server you favor connecting to in your region via the options in game. There are also a few other tweaks that help performance but I'm not sure if that will affect latency.

The rebroadcast is around 10k viewers too right now.
Europe, don't have it in wow.

I wish Dehaka's appearance change was a bit more gradual and more dramatic like Tiny from Dota 2. Tiny has 3 additional forms but that makes sense given how Dota ultimates function.

hqdefault.jpg

It would be neat if there was some sort of cosmetic change based on how much essence you gathered on par with Tiny getting Aghanim's Scepter...

Lunara had the lowest HP when they first released her, it felt Murky low, but her HP has been buffed so she's not the lowest in the game anymore. She's a really strong hero, her mobility, damage over time, slow, ability to melt minion waves and buildings are really good, and she's got pretty decent attack range you just have to be aware of your positioning. You just have to weave in and out of range with her auto-attack and let the DoT do some work instead of continually right-clicking a single target. Her Leap ult lets you play super safe or aggressive and her ground nuke is just ridiculous.

Li-Ming, Xul and Lunara can be awful to play against. So many slows and DoTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom