• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Big Gods is like a good Heroes of the Dorm team compared to these guys IMO.

The background noise isn't quite as bad on the Naventic stream as the other one, but the mics on Naventic stream aren't balanced very well.

brian!

renovatio playing as good as their name

uhh spell shield on etc
nvt literally planning on slamming their team into renovatio

Alur

zcrhyVV.gif

i got hit by dat nostalgia your post worked wiz is coach bombay

Who is the evil coach dude? The one who said Wiz/Bombay wasn't good enough?

brian!

blizzard i guess

"you're not american"
"but i am...in my heart"
"that doesnt mean anyth"
wiz wins shoot out, is american in his heart, credits roll

mac's tyrande is great

Alur

Haha. Mighty Ducks severely underrated movie. My kid plays hockey, he's 5, maybe it's time to introduce him.

These first two matchups look like regional qualifiers.

brian!

damn that vp, i wanna believe it was timed on purpose
even if it wasnt he should say it was

dunno why dread is so hype on nvt picking falstad when they dont need to until the end

brian!

renovatio w/ the all-in wombo comp

nvt with the but you left falstad up tho comp

dam kenma got that wolf speed talent twice

Alur

If I was a team like Renovatio or GIA or whoever, I'd go all fucking crazy team league wombo combo comps. No way you're beating em straight up, try some cheese and maybe you get lucky.

Alur

He was picking wolf speed at the last tourney IIRC. I picked it on PTR when the changes first dropped. It's pretty nice honestly.

brian!

i was trying to rationalize it last game w/ like he has to catch up to zeratul to make lightning shield part of the burst but no

Alur

I'm not sure if I've gotten used to it or it's better but seems okay now.

THE KHALDOR APPROACHES. LET THE LORD OF THE EU LAND COME FORTH THAT JUSTICE BE DONE.

Alur

Yessir. Provided it doesn't have issues like last time. Last fall worked great. This past regionals had some issues for people. I have saw folks say that your e-mail addresses should be the same on both accounts, but I dunno if that's true.

I got it on both of mine in the fall and for regionals.

Alur

Not sure how I feel about Khaldor playing the analyst to Artosis. I mean, not that he's not capable because he surely is, but feels like he's getting pushed to the side. Maybe it's just me.

Dehaka is fun as hell
in bot matches

I loved playing him on PTR. Even though I lost like 70% of the games. People just didn't understand how to work with him (plus there were games where the MM was so bad, no damage at all at times).

Artanis is gonna be so annoying after he gets buffed.

What's gonna be annoying is Milly79 pestering me every time I log on to heal for him so he can play Artanis.

Also, can we get a fucking hotfix on this Kharazim bug? Dude is unplayable right now.

Zackat

Yessir. Provided it doesn't have issues like last time. Last fall worked great. This past regionals had some issues for people. I have saw folks say that your e-mail addresses should be the same on both accounts, but I dunno if that's true.

I got it on both of mine in the fall and for regionals.

If I don't get this one I am complaining.

Edit: Do you use uBlock origin? I wonder if that's why I didn't get my portrait last time.

I loved playing him on PTR. Even though I lost like 70% of the games. People just didn't understand how to work with him (plus there were games where the MM was so bad, no damage at all at times).

I can see how Dehaka could work well on a coordinated team. He's got global mobility second only to Brightwing, Hunt Illidan, and Stage Dive ETC. His drag is such a good stun if you can land it, plus he's got pretty good sustain. But just no damage, if there's no one to back up a drag and your target isn't super low, that hero is getting away.

If you're constantly teamfighting and on the losing end without any real down time to lane, you start getting pretty starved for essence and you just lose sustain quick. It feels like playing The Butcher without any stacks.

Alur

EDG rekting NVT. Uther vs Kharazim is not a fair fight.They got outplayed either way, though. Zuna was honestly feeding a time or two there, too greedy.

Sometimes you have those games where you honestly don't understand how you cameback and won. We were getting destroyed by wombo-combo ults and then suddenly we weren't. Normally I'd check the replay to see if it was just one off decision making during fights or what, but the replay system is so bad. I guess it's because it's not actually a replay but just saved inputs that the game is recreating? I assume that's a SC2 engine thing.

Alur

EDG with that Tyrael + Kharazim basically killed anything they tried to do burst wise.

EDIT: Gat damn NVT is full tilt.

EDITx2: RIP the NVT dream. NeverLucky

Dehaka's a lot of fun. Muradin Dwarf Toss into the enemy team, when you know you damn well shouldn't, just to Haymaker someone in to yours fun. Like Chen kick, keg smash, fire breathe, chug and repeat someone to death while they can't chip away at your shields fast enough fun. Dehaka looks so damned boring, his kit is so understated but he's so much fun. Global mobility, a great stun, great sustain provided you farm enough essence, it feels like there's a lot of choice at every talent level, I just don't know about both of his ults because I've been taking Isolation every game. I've only played a handful of live games but so far he's great at shutting down Li-Ming. Granted I've been playing against some seriously aggressive ones and with teams that didn't seem to respect the drag or react fast enough to save her, but with the ability damage reduction talent, essence healing you and Isolation you can get close enough, silence her to shut down her bullshit laser and maybe drag her to her death.

His one real weakness, aside from being someone you can bully at range (holy fuck Raynor) and that he lacks damage, is that his one CC reduction ability is tied to his AoE being active whereas most other CC reduction abilities are passives with a CD that just proc when you're CC'd. Smart players wait out the AoE for the full effect. You can dodge a lot with burrow though provided you don't get stun locked.

He's a fun warrior to play as, dunno how viable he'll be in the long run, but I can see myself playing Dehaka as much as I do Muradin.

I wonder how long it will take for some people to try and add Dehaka to the Zag/Nydus, Aba/Clone cheese.

emptyroom

Neo Member
Been having a lot of success and fun with Muradin. Coming out of matches with around 4 kills and 10+ assists, I think that's good for someone starting out.

Approaching 4000 gold and thinking of trying out another warrior, how is Jaina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom