• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I dunno where you got the idea we'd get double EXP out of this.

Whatchu even need it for anyway, breh? You've leveled pretty much every hero you care about. When it's on it makes it feel like you're obligated to play constantly and play bad heroes to boot just to not waste it.

It's good for newer players doe for sure.

Maledict

You guys weren't kidding about Kael and the new Town Hall Heroes. I don't think I've ever heard them be so negative about a character. Glad to see I'm not completely off base - I honestly just don't know what to do with him currently and his damage seems to rely on the enemy being dumb.

Ask interesting discussion re bolt. I do agree the current solution isn't a good one - all the melee assassins having bolt and the ranked not really cripples them. Maybe they need to just grit their teeth and borrow from dota' blink dagger - blink doesn't work if you have taken damage recently.

Alur

All you old bros in here, I'm disappointed. No one told me there was a legit Baldur's Gate expansion. Hype is on a hundred thousand million.

interesting discussion re bolt. I do agree the current solution isn't a good one - all the melee assassins having bolt and the ranked not really cripples them. Maybe they need to just grit their teeth and borrow from dota' blink dagger - blink doesn't work if you have taken damage recently.

I'm fine with them having Bolt as well. Just didn't like that KT had the huge shield + bolt when he could wade in and do all that AOE damage so easily before they nerfed Chain Bomb a couple patches back. That was definitely too much survivability and something needed to be toned down for sure, but I'd rather they tone down the shield (which they did on the first pass, but then reverted it into a questing talent) than remove Bolt. Removing it from Jaina is a low blow IMO.

You guys weren't kidding about Kael and the new Town Hall Heroes. I don't think I've ever heard them be so negative about a character. Glad to see I'm not completely off base - I honestly just don't know what to do with him currently and his damage seems to rely on the enemy being dumb.

Yup.

Chain bomb interaction being restricted to just heroes is what kills his damage output. Living Bomb is only going to work well in ETC Mosh Pits, Gazlowe Grav-O-Bomb, and similar wombos where people are clustered together and can't move away from each other in time. His level 20 Living Bomb talent is worthless. They need to return to the previous interaction of jumping to a limited number of targets but preferring heroes.

Syf

Banned
do you ever feel like just abandoning responsibilities for the day, turning off your phone, grabbing some wine and playing through ulduar? I'm having one of those days

kirblar

Li-Ming has been banned 23053 in Hero League, Next highest is Morales with 12213.
Per the Reddit comments, Morales's numbers are all coming from low level play, she's 13th in the top 2 leagues combined.

This game is so frustrating sometimes... I really don't know what else I can do. I suggested our team not to pick thrall because Illidan will evade his attacks... I tried to suggest that we should probably get Uther so we can CC Illidan more easily...

And in like the third to last team fight, Greymane fights over the shrine with Gazlow (and coundn't kill him) instead of team fighting bottom.

Pg7aZAh.png

This depresses me.

Maledict

Thralls actually a good counter pick to Illidan, along with Sonya. You just need to time the windfury right, and build the chain lightning talents early on so you can harass him inland.

Most people will probably just waste windfury on evasion mind you...

Thralls actually a good counter pick to Illidan, along with Sonya. You just need to time the windfury right, and build the chain lightning talents early on so you can harass him inland.

Most people will probably just waste windfury on evasion mind you...

Yeah, but I feel like using a Diablo and Uther to just CC him is more consistent.. I am at rank 20 and haven't been able to get any higher. I know Diablo does good damage as a tank... but I shouldn't be outdpsing my whole team.

Maledict

Yeah, but I feel like using a Diablo and Uther to just CC him is more consistent.. I am at rank 20 and haven't been able to get any higher. I know Diablo does good damage as a tank... but I shouldn't be outdpsing my whole team.

to be fair, your issue with those numbers isn't thrall. Diablo does such superb damage as a tank thanks to the fire aura talent that he often has great numbers.

You're issue is with the Greymane. Greymane does some of the best poke damage in the game. There is no way he should be 20K damage behind you, or behind Jaina.

to be fair, your issue with those numbers isn't thrall. Diablo does such superb damage as a tank thanks to the fire aura talent that he often has great numbers.

You're issue is with the Greymane. Greymane does some of the best poke damage in the game. There is no way he should be 20K damage behind you, or behind Jaina.

Yeah, there are a lot of little issues like that which keep adding up and make my games miserable. I just try to minimize those issues with trying to suggest a good reliable comp and such. I don't know what else to do to rank up.

FYI: I didn't pick the fire damage aura that game..

Zackat

Just got into the battle.net voice chat alpha. Aaand there's nobody to test it with, lol

How does everyone get into so many alphas and betas of stuff? I have been playing blizzard games for my whole life and haven't sniffed any but this game in the end of alpha.

Salt is implied of course.

kirblar

Re: Weekly Sales!

Nakatoir / Community Manager

Weekly Sale Items for April 05 - April 12, 2016

Nazeebo -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR - 3.69 GBP

Grimskull Nazeebo Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 EUR - 2.70 GBP

Cyb’arak Anub’arak Skin -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR - 3.69 GBP

Alongside our Weekly Sale on April 05, we’re also going to rotate a few Mounts in and out of the Shop. Mounts that are returning to the Shop will be available for a limited time, and we will be sure to let everyone know well before they are removed again in the future.

Returning Mounts

Cloud Serpent

Lunar Dragon

Mount Removals

The following Mounts will be removed, but will return in the future:

Blackheart’s Doubloon

Lunar Tiger
Get your coins now folks.

Milly79

Zoia's quote on casting with Gilly:

I have been casting for close to 6 years now across multiple games. I've worked with probably over 70 different casters in that time from people i cast with consistently like Schamtoo Trikslyr Jake or people who i only briefly meet and cast with them once. Jaycie is the first and probably only person I will ever want to commit to a duo with.

Casting with her is the easiest most relaxed I've ever had it because nothing about her is fake. Her enthusiasm, her goofiness, her passion, all of it is very real. She studies so very hard not just about the game but more importantly about the players. Every event she tries to interview the newer teams/players, spends time with them in scrims to help learn who they are and what their personalities are like, and translates that to her casting. Anytime she says something about a player who they are, what they like, things like that its all true and she cares about those things more than any caster ive met. To the point that she falls in love with every single team and gets legitimately heart broken any time a team gets knocked out of an event. I know, its silly, but even though it breaks her heart she still cares so much even about the teams that will more than likely get last place. Not many people cared about team Nom at the NA regionals, but gilly sure as shit did.

For those of you who have been watching dorm you know that the casters have put an insane amount of work into learning the teams, learning how to do an espn broadcast, so on. Gilly went almost straight from NA regionals to dorm, has been studying so hard to bring the best info she can about the dorm teams, while studying for korea on the old patch, while preparing to cast the dorm finals a week from today on a completely different patch, and now she is probably getting worried about studying for NA regionals right now as well lol. She is a machine. She never stops working, never stops caring, and more importantly never stops improving. I'm not saying other casters dont put in a lot of work because we all do, but she is the first to really inspire me to work infinitely harder.

Because of her I've started caring about things I never cared about before. For heroes rising and NA regionals we sent questionnaires to the teams just so we had personal info we could bring up on stream, I've started doing vocal exercises, and started to care more about the players than anything else. She honestly has inspired me to be better than I ever have been and I couldn't be happier that she is getting success and that people are becoming as big a fan of her as I am.

anigif_enhanced-4258-1411512860-16.gif

Milly79

No, he said on Reddit it's not a joke. He was saying there was TS news coming in the "next few weeks" on THH, so I'm not sure if this is related or not?

kirblar

Not really surprised. Taking time off and basically waiting Dread to jump back in is a good plan.

That or C9's trading Arth out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom