• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Milly hates OW guys. We made a deal where he gave me an MLB.tv subscription and in return I'd buy him OW...he wants me to not buy him OW because he'll feel obligated to play the game with me.

This is the kind of person whom we let post in our thread. Pitchforks!

Bonus footage of me playing OW:

CVSDYYU.gif

Alur

They did. That one where brian! killed two or three people and then got sniped by his enemy counterpart. That was the game telling us to git gud.

It's too soon to call shenanigans on Tracer. She certainly looks like she has the potential to be busted with that mobility and rewind. But if she lacks sustain and has actual risk/reward gameplay--which, unlike Li-Ming, it looks like she might--then Tracer could be alright. I'm not holding my breathe, the hero release window between public launch and the first re-balancing patch for a hero is the actual testing period. They either over- (Li-Ming, Xul) or under-shoot (Dehaka, Rexxar) with their simulated live testing environment.

I'll deal with Tracer the same way I've survived Li-Ming, with Raynor right-click.

Alur

What's up guys, anything new lately?

Bans in Hero League finally, last patch.

Individual abilities can have customizable keybind things now (ie: you want to quick cast one skill but not another, etc). Dehaka was released and he's a split soak capable hero for warriors kind of like Brightwing is for support and Falstad is for assassin (global movement). Balance changes come at least once every two weeks now, which is nice.

Couple heroes got reworks or reconfigured a bit, including but not limited to KT, Sylvanas, Tychus, Gazlowe.

Tracer from Overwatch drops for people who pre-ordered the Overwatch Origins edition next week, then will drop for everyone else the week after. Her preview video looks crazy as hell. Probably some other recent stuff I'm missing.

I don't think that Dehaka belong to the 'weak on release' category.

He's in the perfectly balanced like Kharazim release.

EU Summer Qualifiers about to start on Khaldor's channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/khaldor

I hate what blizzard and co did with these events, no idea how you could fuck something like this up but if I completely lose track of when what is and for what they are qualifying, you did. Ridiculously the qualifier is going on while plenty of teams are in bootcamps and definitely not gonna show everything.

Twitter is great right now with players from all teams complaining about getting up early.

Maledict

Liquid drafted a 4.5 melee comp. Rehgar, Muradin, Thrall, Dehaka, Greymane. Amount of CC is insane.

I was confused for a second because that wasn't the match I wi watched, but figured I must have caught the second. Starfall is back it seems!

Why are Team Liquid playing again by the way - I thought they had already qualified?

I was confused for a second because that wasn't the match I wi watched, but figured I must have caught the second. Starfall is back it seems!

Why are Team Liquid playing again by the way - I thought they had already qualified?

I was confused as well by that until I realised it's the Dreamhack qualifier #1, Leicester is next week, liquid are playing from their bootcamp.

Blizzard really fucked this up with their disinterest.

Maledict

I was confused as well by that until I realised it's the Dreamhack qualifier #1, Leicester is next week, liquid are playing from their bootcamp.

Blizzard really fucked this up with their disinterest.

So this is a qualifier for the SECOND EU regional? That's being held before the first?

This is insane. How on earth do blizzard think this will help the scene grow? If even people like me who watch every tournament a confused as hell!

Maledict

I fucking suck so bad with Jaina it's not even funny.

Jaina is a lot harder to play than people think - generally most people play her wrong. The number of times I've seen Jaina use her blizzard at hot start of a fight to deal some inconsequential damage to a tank is silly. Blizzard is a spell you should only use to get a kill in a team fight, or if they have multiple people unable to escape it. Otherwise the cooldown means you have to save it - it's not a spell you can use as part of a standard rotation like Kael's flamestrike.

Milly79

She's my 5th most played hero at 100 games and I'm rocking a 47.5% win rate. I just cannot for the life of me ever get her down.

I was just trying out Q build and while the poke is good and I like the playstyle better, I went up against Zera and Li-Ming. She is completely outclassed by Li-Ming. Feels so bad to try to land a combo only for Ming to E behind you and shit on your face.

Uggh.

Maledict

Na'vi finally got revenge on Dignitas and beat them to qualify for Dreamhack. Using a double tank composition plus Sonya. Have to say watching the games played Li-Ming still seems very fine in the hands of pros.

And I know I'm goingt o sound stupid for saying this, but I think LiquidCris was playing Kael wrong. Yes, I know he's the pro etc,. but he hasn't played him much on his stream and during the one match I saw him play Kael he was constantly empowering his flamestrikes. I'm really not sure that's the best way to play with the gravity lapse build, as the extra 0.5 seconds on the CC is really big even against a single target.

Maledict

Meh, Team Liquid have gotten back into that weird thing where they draft Vikings all the time. It wasn't entertaining or that effective a year ago when they had the spanish brothers, and appears to be doing exactly the same now.

EDIT: they actually won that game after losing it at every stage of the way, but really didn't feel like the vikings did much work there.

Maledict

Well, that's what I meant? E build with the AA talents.

The only AA talent you take with the E build is the 16 one - that's the stun build. The AA build also takes the trait talent at 4, and Sunfire enchantment at 7 and is more reliant on auto attacks early on which is horrible.

Tyrande's starfall is going to get nerfed *fast* - it's utterly ridiculous damage. Tyrande should not be coming out as the top hero damage dealer in a game!

Ketch

She's my 5th most played hero at 100 games and I'm rocking a 47.5% win rate. I just cannot for the life of me ever get her down.

I was just trying out Q build and while the poke is good and I like the playstyle better, I went up against Zera and Li-Ming. She is completely outclassed by Li-Ming. Feels so bad to try to land a combo only for Ming to E behind you and shit on your face.

Uggh.

Yea. Imagine how bad it's gonna feel to play any hero against tracer.

I have a real fear that "increasing the skill cap" on new heroes is actually just power creep.

Guess I'll just stand still while you clown on me. Rip.

Maledict

Yep - Starfall is ridiculous. It does almost 50% more damage than Hyperion, has a shorter cooldown and slows everyone. And at 20 it does 30% more damage and is global cast range - watching it chunk an entire team is scary.

And re Tracer, I think Tracer is going to destroy mages - but I think auto attack heroes are going to murder her. What does she do when Valla throws a piercing arrow at her than auto attacks? Tracer looks to be a mage and back rank support killer more than a general, all use all the time assassin.

brian!

wait is tracer blink a dash or a blink I assumed the latter which should detarget stuff like valla q

also has eu been picking sylvanas?

brian!

makes sense

watching this game, I don't really think tyrande should be topping dmg unless ppl just chill in the aoe, or if the game is just being really passive and she's just getting a lot of owl potshots
holy fuck stage dive + starfall is so nasty

also holy shit starfall cd is low, they used it at top keep during the curse and it's up already on rotation to mid keep

these pick comps that dehaka enables really adds depth to the game too, it's a strat that exists in league and dota that depends on vision control, but using watchtowers for this is great, tempo ran a great one too in na quals
i respect so much the bkb z bait -> making fnc facecheck AGAIN what a great play

Maledict

makes sense

watching this game, I don't really think tyrande should be topping dmg unless ppl just chill in the aoe, or if the game is just being really passive and she's just getting a lot of owl potshots
holy fuck stage dive + starfall is so nasty

The problem is this is the second game I've watched today with a Tyrande solo healer where she hasn't taken a single healing talent and it's working out okay. That cannot be healthy for the game.

Maledict

There's a second qualifier tomorrow? WTF?

This scheduling makes absolutely no sense, at all, on any level. What the hell is going on? Isn't there an NA event this weekend as well?

brian!

yeah the scheduling is odd

tl's comp (lots of self-sustain) and the map (+ their playstyle during laning; very passive) allowed for low healing, but I feel you on solo dmg style supports, I'm with kirblar tho I'm for supports divesting themself from healbot status and there are clear weaknesses to giving up shadowstalk

pretty happy that eu is going stage dive too, I want that to be a thing, stage dive is much more fun to watch than mosh for me
hope dbl support lili doesnt pick up

Meh, Team Liquid have gotten back into that weird thing where they draft Vikings all the time. It wasn't entertaining or that effective a year ago when they had the spanish brothers, and appears to be doing exactly the same now.

EDIT: they actually won that game after losing it at every stage of the way, but really didn't feel like the vikings did much work there.

Vikings did a lot on Sky Temple.

Na'vi finally got revenge on Dignitas and beat them to qualify for Dreamhack. Using a double tank composition plus Sonya. Have to say watching the games played Li-Ming still seems very fine in the hands of pros.

And I know I'm goingt o sound stupid for saying this, but I think LiquidCris was playing Kael wrong. Yes, I know he's the pro etc,. but he hasn't played him much on his stream and during the one match I saw him play Kael he was constantly empowering his flamestrikes. I'm really not sure that's the best way to play with the gravity lapse build, as the extra 0.5 seconds on the CC is really big even against a single target.

He said as much on his stream, he's not used to playing him anymore and he doesn't know what build is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom