• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

googled ancestral healing to check out what the cd is right now and found this
http://www.ancestorhealing.org/

vnUQgUG.png

so in overwatch you dont draft heroes, just maps?

Milly79

She's going to be AIDS for sure. Doesn't seem like she does Li-Ming damage, so that's good. She looks like Murky (annoying).

brian!

oh yeah bw should be pretty good, looks like she can rewind out of roots tho
actually does xul's root stay on if the timing is right, thatd be a cool interaction

Maledict

She's going to utterly murder mages, particulary Kael and Jaina. They won't be able to land a single skill shot on her. she looks completely insane - I cannot think of a hero in a moba that has that much speed and mobility in their base kit.

Can't wait!

Alur

In one of those interviews it said she had ridiculously low HP, so my guess is we are running headfirst into another hero that is good competitively and possibly feeds a lot otherwise. Then again, maybe she'll be one of the rare heroes that's a pub stomper and good competitively.

brian!

yeah she looks fun as hell, I hope her health is super low
the blink melee bomb combo looks really cool as a bnb for a heroes character

Multiple teleports and a rewind that shrugs off damage and some CC. Weaver's ult is baked into her base kit!? If her damage is remotely decent and her cool downs are too low, especially on the rewind, this is going to be ridiculous. She doesn't need sustain in her kit if she can rewind the damage frequently. And the poke she'll get with that. I wonder how long it will take players in the wild to farm decent damage up for her ult versus their simulated live environment.

Multiple teleports and a rewind that shrugs off damage and some CC. Weaver's ult is baked into her base kit!? If her damage is remotely decent and her cool downs are too low, especially on the rewind, this is going to be ridiculous. She doesn't need sustain in her kit if she can rewind the damage frequently. And the poke she'll get with that.

I wonder how long it will take players in the wild to farm decent damage up for her ult versus their simulated live environment.

well the Rewind doesnt have the hp regen built in but id be shocked if there wasnt a talent for it.

Her rewind doesn't heal her unless she takes the level 20 upgrade talent.

ha.

Alavard

Multiple teleports and a rewind that shrugs off damage and some CC. Weaver's ult is baked into her base kit!? If her damage is remotely decent and her cool downs are too low, especially on the rewind, this is going to be ridiculous. She doesn't need sustain in her kit if she can rewind the damage frequently. And the poke she'll get with that.

I wonder how long it will take players in the wild to farm decent damage up for her ult versus their simulated live environment.

Her rewind doesn't heal her unless she takes the level 20 upgrade talent.

Her movement capabilities and ability to shrug off some CC still looks absurd even if the health bonus to rewind isn't until late game. Good luck landing any ranged CC or nukes on a hero that mobile.

Maledict

This stun build Kael thing is fascinating. I'm only playing it in quick match currently, but having great success when paired with someone who also has some CC. Because you are empowering your stun all the time cleanse doesn't save everyone, and once you hit 13 you're able to stun a *lot*. It isn't easy to play at all (by far the hardest to play he has ever been) as it relies on you landing that slow ass stun and then immediately following up with a spell chain, but it is very strong when you manage to get it all off. Takes mechanical practice however compared to other heroes as it requires very fast reactions to combo stuff together (much like Kerrigan).

Have to say though - those level 1 talents really are crap. I took Mana Addict on Tomb, and even with some fairly heavy rotations it was a good while until the shield activated. I think until the change them a bit the 5% ability power talent seems to be the best.

kirblar

I think the 5% AP on that ability is a design mistake. You're explicitly taking a damage hit if you take the other talents now.

Alur

Great run in Overwatch with HOTSGAF. 7-0. It's a similar style game to me, but being able to change your hero on the fly plus having a more personal impact on the game makes it a nice change of pace to how team-centric HOTS is.

It isn't easy to play at all (by far the hardest to play he has ever been) as it relies on you landing that slow ass stun and then immediately following up with a spell chain, but it is very strong when you manage to get it all off. Takes mechanical practice however compared to other heroes as it requires very fast reactions to combo stuff together (much like Kerrigan).

I really like the bolded, though. He was always too easy despite being labeled as "Hard" by the devs, and now perhaps he can live up to that. IMO, for the relative power they have damage wise, the mages should be harder to play than the Valla's and Raynor's of the world.

Somewhere in the depths of HOTSGAF OT's, I made a post right as KT came out saying he felt like Kerrigan in that you had to combo his abilities to land them all...but then Ignite + Flamethrower put an end to that and he Chain Bombed for nearly a year. I haven't played the new build, but if what you're saying is true I think that's kinda awesome. It gives him a place while simultaneously keeping him from a faceroller with unbelievable sustainability like he once was. And perhaps he can still be tweaked upward a little.

What level are you typically completing Mana Addict when you choose it? Before 16 or after?

Alur

Why do people consider it bad now, then? You spend one talent to get the benefit of two at roughly the same level. Sounds like a net gain to me.

I think the 5% AP on that ability is a design mistake. You're explicitly taking a damage hit if you take the other talents now.

Yes and no. You're passing on a safe, flat 5% boost to Flamestrike and Living Bomb by not choosing Fel Infusion, but with Convection the damage boost potential to Flamestrike is greater. Mana Addict is a long play for a defensive talent you might need to survive later in game.

Ketch

after watching that tracer spotlight im convinced that they dont know what they're doing with this game.

Honestly, Tracer looks like the most bs character I've ever seen in a MOBA. Unless the cooldowns on her abilities are really high (doubt it), she's going to be untouchable by good players in QM/HL. The major gripe I have is that her Rewind removes all negative effects... that seems just way too good.

This.

and I'm not even opposed to the hero, she looks fun as hell... but the problem is when youre game is about ease of use and simple but fun game design you can't just switch it up like this. i mean you've got 40 heroes in the game already who can barely move.... you put mounts in because move speed is such a problem. and now you've got a hero who can move and shoot and blink 3 times and recall back to where she was. I don't know how she's not gonna be OP.

here's the info on her abilities from that article a while back:
The world of Overwatch is coming to the Nexus for the first time! Tracer will be a highly mobile ranged damage dealer with the ability to manipulate time.

Strengths: Mobility, Escape, Sustained Damage

Trait [D]: Reload

Tracer is able to execute Basic Attacks while in motion. Activate to reload all Ammo over 0.75 seconds. This trait activates automatically when player ammo reaches 0. Basic Attacks consume Ammo and add pulse bomb charges. You can attack 10 times over 1.25 seconds, draining Ammo with every shot. Reload sets your Ammo to full.

Blink [Q]: Quickly dash toward target location. Includes 3 charges. 6 second cooldown per charge

Melee [W]: Deal damage to an enemy, prioritizing the nearest enemy Hero. Hitting non-Heroes grants 5 Pulse Bomb charges. Hitting Heroes grants 10 Pulse Bomb charges. 8 second cooldown

Recall [E]: Returns player to the position they were 3 seconds ago. Also refills Ammo and cleanses negative status effects. Comes with 1 second of invulnerability while it casts. 24 second cooldown.

recall cooldown is legit, but 3 charges of blink on 6s cooldown per charge is broken. Li ming teleport is 5 second cd and that ability is bs already. hopefully she takes damage during blink and can't go through players or walls

she's literally a better version of tychus.

Ketch

I also think it's the go to pick. unless you on like bhb or spider queen or something where you can stack globes rediculously easy.

or if you're up against like 3 warriors and can stack Q real easy.

Maledict

Why do people consider it bad now, then? You spend one talent to get the benefit of two at roughly the same level. Sounds like a net gain to me.

Because for the majority of the game the 5% talent also does more for you in terms of defense than the mana one, and the shield is ridiculously low now. Against nova and zeratul I'll take it, but generally the 5% trait talent is going to be the default choice I think.

Both quest talents need their numbers lowering, and the flamestrike one needs to lose the 'dying resets stacks' aspect.

Edit: regarding difficulty, I still don't think they have it right with him. Now I'm just empowering my stun all the time, because even its just one person the extra 0.5 seconds means my flamestrike will hit. They still haven't hit the point wherebye it's a dynamic decision every cast which one you use, although it is much better now than it has been,

Alur

I don't know how she's not gonna be OP.

The low HP, lack of heal til 20, and people's greed most likely. If you watch the video she seems broken, but that was a whole lot conveniently timed dodging and it was like perfect conditions. We haven't seen her in a 5v5 team fight, where dodging one ability likely puts you into harms way of another, etc. The blinks are strong but fights are almost always 3v3 or more in HOTS after laning phase, so that small HP pool can be easily deleted with a few autos and just one or two abilities hitting I would imagine.

Given optimal circumstances and either a good understanding or high skill level, I think she will be very strong. But her AA damage looked minimal (and there was also reference to needing to use your reload to change targets a-la Morales Q, though they only said it once), which requires her to melee and use the R, which has a good chance in resulting in some feeding at our level or below. If she does have a very small HP pool as they imply, just hitting AA'd a couple times (not counting abilities) will result in her needing to back often or risk more feeding.

She may come out to a 65% winrate and be a world beater, but for now I still feel like there's just as good a chance that she's very much in the vein of Illidan for QM at least. Either gangbusters or a 10 death feeder, depending on the player and what they face.

She doesn't look like she's going to be easy to play by any means. Everything will be very timing based if you want to remain in a fight.

I got an Overwatch invite, can't really bother downloading it.

You and Milly will get along great.

Alur

I hope they do. They should ban all new heroes the first week anyway, even with the level 5 qualifier in place.

It is amazing how much more feature complete Overwatch is compared to HotS. From the role tips on the character select team (no supports, too many snipers, etc.) at match start, to the basic tips about how you died or how to better play the hero you're using, the end-game statistics that you can commend players for (Mercy healed 30% of all damage the team took), being able to rate the match, being able to view players you were recently matched with in the social menu and add them as friends. These are things HotS could use in one variation or another. Like adding more heroes and balancing existing heroes is important but these features would be huge.

Maledict

EU summer regional casting team announced:

Analyst: Wade "Dreadnaught" Penfold
Commentator: James "Kaelaris" Carrol
Commentator: Manuel "Grubby" Schenkhuizen
Commentator: Chris "Tetcher" Ivermee
Commentator: Thomas "Khaldor" Kilian

Whilst I understand that Dread is an analyst and Jake is a faster, it must hurt that he gets flown out for the event twice now and he hasn't been.

Zoia made an interesting comment in his gold league cast. Remember last year when casters basically tripped over each other with their hype and shouting well that was intentional to attract more viewers but didn't meet good reception so Zoia has decided to become an analyst in the duo with Gilly. He mentioned how in NA dread is the only analyst.

Khaldor must hold some serious sway nowadays seeing as his cocaster Tetcher is now on the team.

Alur

Whilst I understand that Dread is an analyst and Jake is a faster, it must hurt that he gets flown out for the event twice now and he hasn't been.

Perhaps Jake just isn't a great dude to work with or something. I dunno. Dread has clearly taken his spot at a lot of events, though. Not so much because he's an analyst and Jake is play-by-play, but because he's more popular and until this year no one involved really seemed to care about analyst or play-by-play differences/discrepancies.

It certainly feels like he pissed off the wrong guy. That or Blizzard really does want the cache of Dread involved, and Jake's position is very redundant at this point. By the time he casts another qualifier, it will have been a good bit since we heard him on a non-Dorm related stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom