• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

The problem is this is the second game I've watched today with a Tyrande solo healer where she hasn't taken a single healing talent and it's working out okay. That cannot be healthy for the game.
Tyrande/Tassadar solo healer has been very bad for the game.

If you do that, there need to be consequences, which there currently aren't.

brian!

well there are weaknesses and strengths to both being either dbl or solo support, I feel like atm it's pretty ok when top assassins are being considered. in general sans falstad/thrall and a closer look at the numbers from the recent patch, the game feels pretty balanced to me

like it really seems to be more kit focused in the draft now rather than checklist style shit, which is really all I want balance-wise
one major thing that solo tass/tyrande lack is cleanse for example and that figures heavy into draft

also dehaka is ban-worthy imo unless you plan for it, the minion talent is so nice on cursed hallow

kirblar

one major thing that solo tass/tyrande lack is cleanse for example and that figures heavy into draft
And now we have morons on the general forums/reddit asking why Tass/Tyrande don't have cleanse, because they chose to blur the lines even further instead of letting the aggressive hybrid supports BE aggressive hybrids instead of healbots.

So this is a qualifier for the SECOND EU regional? That's being held before the first?

This is insane. How on earth do blizzard think this will help the scene grow? If even people like me who watch every tournament a confused as hell!

Yup, like I said. Bunch of teams are playing from their Leicester bootcamp.

Maledict

Also worth pointing out that even on the official reddit it doesn't mention the NA qualifier just starting up right now, or the EU qualifier tomorrow.

FFS Blizzard get a damn grip.

brian!

Also worth pointing out that even on the official reddit it doesn't mention the NA qualifier just starting up right now, or the EU qualifier tomorrow.

FFS Blizzard get a damn grip.

i mean for reddit, that's on the community
we don't get regular post-game threads from tourneys either

Alur

I don't understand. He made no money at all before he joined Tempo Storm, he was just freelance. So how was it a paycut? I guess I'm missing the context.

Maledict

Haha, Cognitive losing just makes me laugh. From the brief bit I saw, they appeared to be *shockingly* overconfident.

I also saw Glauron on Zeratul in the draft for the second game, and I'm sure at some point they are going to realise he fucking sucks on Zeratul now and should never be allowed to play him. THEY KEEP LOSING ALL THE MATCHES WHERE HE PLAYS ZERATUL!

EDIT: Am I the only person in the gaf chat on twitch nowadays?

Alur

Gust or Bust got busted. Equinox proving my retread theory something fierce.

And Team Blaze got 2-0'd again. RIP the dream and the team. Seems pretty clear that taking NVT out in that tourney was a fluke. Losing one player shouldn't impact them that hard against teams that were already on their level anyway.

EDIT: Da fuq, THC has two players who have never played with the team. LOL. NA is going full EU bonkers with some of these knockouts and teams beating others despite the apparent skill gap/experience.

Haha, Cognitive losing just makes me laugh. From the brief bit I saw, they appeared to be *shockingly* overconfident.

I also saw Glauron on Zeratul in the draft for the second game, and I'm sure at some point they are going to realise he fucking sucks on Zeratul now and should never be allowed to play him. THEY KEEP LOSING ALL THE MATCHES WHERE HE PLAYS ZERATUL!

EDIT: Am I the only person in the gaf chat on twitch nowadays?

nope but apparently we are active at separate times in it.

Haven't been able to watch the matches today only saw them lose the last match. Has Glau ever tried other roles? Also missed Dignitas losing to Navi

Alur

6o494YH.png

rnBxXNo.gif

Alur

So, you ready to eat those words, Alur?

They finished top 4 in qualifiers!

Not til the new patch blues are over with. They had to capitalize on a Dunk throw to win that one.

Are you ready to give up on C9 and resign yourself to the throw city of last summer?

of course they'll qualify tomorrow, but it's the final qualifier. Can't tell me that isn't just a tad ridiculous.

He was talking about me saying GFE has no chance to be top 2 and basically little chance to be top 4 as well. It's a sneaky way for him to deflect from how much smack he typically talks about C9 da gawds, especially leading up to Spring globals.

Maledict

Well Dignitas playing like ass in their current game versus casuals. Really not convinced by the sudden EU craze for Diablo with Lightning bReath - it's achieved absolutely nothing in this game everytime it's used. Apocalypse would have been far better. Also drafting Diablo and then no tools to enable him ganking seems dumb.

Also, and I know I've said it before, but I honestly think the pros are often playing Falstad wrong. If you go the Mage build, you need Falstad to be skirmishing constantly to build the stacks up - you can't have him split pushing the entire game like pro teams keep doing. If you want to use him for that, go the AA build! It's still great and you get value from Falstad being seperate from the team.

Yesterday Liquidcris has the bonus damage on the hammer at 48 at level 20. That's basically worthless - he'd have almost as much on each auto attack had he taken seasoned.

you should capitalize the Casuals, since they are actually a bunch of guys from G2 and other teams.
I wouldn't be surprised if Dignitas drafted badly intentionally.

Lol Fallen Sword on Johanna, don't tell me the buff actually made it viable.

Maledict

I think I'm going to give up on Town Hall Heroes. Listening to the current episode now, and its 30 minutes in and all, ALL they have talked about is the show event and the prep area and how they were treated. Two huge tournies to go through, and all Jake wants to talk about his how cool the opening ceremony was, or having to take 45 pictures of each player, or the stupid V formation the desks were in.

This isn't why people watch e-sports. It's not what normal sports casters do either - do you often here football commentators asking about the locker rooms at an event?

Talk about the damn tournament, talk about the meta, talk about the drafts, talk about the matches. Not silly shit that is utterly inconsequential to anyone who wasn't there, and PARTICULARY not useful to people listening via a podcast. Putting a dumb CGI graphic on screen and talking about it for 5 minutes is such a dumb, dumb thing to do.

kirblar

I think I'm going to give up on Town Hall Heroes. Listening to the current episode now, and its 30 minutes in and all, ALL they have talked about is the show event and the prep area and how they were treated. Two huge tournies to go through, and all Jake wants to talk about his how cool the opening ceremony was, or having to take 45 pictures of each player, or the stupid V formation the desks were in.

This isn't why people watch e-sports. It's not what normal sports casters do either - do you often here football commentators asking about the locker rooms at an event?

Talk about the damn tournament, talk about the meta, talk about the drafts, talk about the matches. Not silly shit that is utterly inconsequential to anyone who wasn't there, and PARTICULARY not useful to people listening via a podcast. Putting a dumb CGI graphic on screen and talking about it for 5 minutes is such a dumb, dumb thing to do.
Jake's obsession with EEEEEEEEEEEEE-Sports has always been a huge issue- not surprised with just him in charge it's devolving further. Praise be to SOTN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom