• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
negativity toward the game shouldn't be seen as offensive to any one person.

hell, sometimes when I get upset at Blizzard people think i'm attacking an actual person.

i also got banned for saying Polygon was a shitty website so I try to avoid doing it but i just never understood why people take offense to someone being "mean" to a company/game.

Alur

For me, personally, it's not about that so much as the repetitiveness of arguments/rants/praises/etc...and that is kind of inevitable in a long running community OT.

I mean, in just a small slice, think about the number of times people who frequent the thread have heard me rant about hotdoggies, or Maledict in the past few weeks get frustrated about ARAM, or kirblar hate on Tyrande/Tass changes. Pretty much every regular has a topic or two that is the proverbial stick in our craw and we wear it out. How often do we see people complain about the competitive scene, people complain about bundles, etc etc. When we don't have a good day in the game, or there is nothing new to talk about, etc, these kind of things (and quite a few others) are often the fall backs and that's fine.

It definitely makes me get a bit thread weary, personally, but that's human nature. Wouldn't matter if it was a forum or a job, doing the same thing/reading the same thing over and over will do that to ya.

Alur

Welcome to the club. We can spam it when the Open Beta hits for pre-orders.

Wait, did you pre-order and get access to Tracer too?

brian!

im prob gonna preorder it too, was on the fence but ppl I know are playing it so I guess I'm in. it's such a nice idea and well executed, all I ask for is decent support. I'm trying to think of more archetypes for them to put into the game, it'd be really cool if they put the spy from tf2 into it

Zackat

I don't see the big deal in pre ordering a game I am going to buy on day 1 regardless. May as well get those sweet blizzard goodies.

Alur

..... Maybe

bNdY1XV.gif

Zackat

..... Maybe

I play every game they put out. Don't feel bad for wanting the Blizz swag. They can have my 20 extra bucks. I never get WoW special editions though because I don't care about mounts. Though the Fel Hunter one for HotS does look pretty sweet...

And they got Legion in there before September guys. They did it.

Ketch

I don't feel bad for wanting the OW skins or hots hero, just for preordering and reinforcing the exclusive period for hots tracer because I think both of those things are anti consumer manipulation tactics.

But as you said, I'm going to buy them anyway, might as well get early beta access.

kirblar

A solution to lags on Windows 10 :) self.heroesofthestorm

submitted 8 hours ago by pofilo🍰

If like me you have some lags/freezes of heroes of the storm on Windows 10, I may have a solution ! Go on the Xbox Game App, then in the settings (on the left), then on Game DVR (second tab), and disable it !! :)

This thing record all game you play to allow you to get the 5 last minutes if you want a replay, but on my computer, it was using 40% of my hard drive ..

With this option disabled, I have no more problems ! :)
Just turned it off, about to test some stuff.

Seems like i've got an immediate FPS gain.

Alur

My assumption is that Tracer's counter is going to be whoever is playing Tracer...I foresee some teams getting well fed.

Alur

Blizzard are cruel mistresses. They left the Overwatch Beta license on in my account page, plus left the "Play" button active on my launcher on my main account...everytime I launched the game it said failed to connect, retry. Contacted support, they were like thanks for pre-ordering but nah b. You waiting til Open Beta for this one.

Ketch

guess im not on #TeamTracer so lemme know what counters Tracer has (if any) and i'll spam those heroes this week instead :)

Yea I wasn't gonna be until I played overwatch and found out shes like my favorite character in that game.

Blizzard are cruel mistresses. They left the Overwatch Beta license on in my account page, plus left the "Play" button active on my launcher on my main account...everytime I launched the game it said failed to connect, retry. Contacted support, they were like thanks for pre-ordering but nah b. You waiting til Open Beta for this one.

yea same thing happened to me. there was also reports of other weekend testers not having access to the arcade mode which I did so I got a little bit excited about that maybe being an indicator of closed beta access as well. it's not.

Isn't open beta only like 3 days?

6 days if you preordered I think.

I only had time to play 3 matches during the stress test, not really enough to form much of an opinion. The thing that struck out to me the most was the inclusion of native voice chat even though that seems to go against the 'silent' player behavior that Blizzard tends to encourage and enforce through their game design. Will be interesting to see if the playerbase actually comes around to reliably using it; I'd guess not since Blizzard has kind of trained players not to seek or use those kinds of communication tools.

It was pretty hilarious that each "play of the game" I was in ended up being someone stopping my ults at the perfect moment. During the matches I was like, yikes, hopefully no one noticed that...only to have the game cinematically demonstrate my failures to everyone. I wouldn't mind seeing a similar kind of highlight reel in Hots to be honest (technology implementation problems aside).

brian!

pretty much every play of the game for me was bastion just gunning ppl down
there was one really sick one where the enemy reinhardt hit 3 of us with his stun on the capture point and won the game w/ it, we all ran into the line of fire like it was a musical, i dunno how to describe it, like the first guy comes from the left, second guy from the right, third guy from the left, while he was just looking forward and lined it up

sadblob

I had a busy friday so I only could play like 5 Overwatch matches (and 3 of them with a lot of lagging). Still it was enough to learn it's VERY fun and overall well designed.

Looking forward to the open beta. The bad bit is I think I would not pay $40 for it.

Hope Dignitas sweeps it so we get a qualifier match

For regions that have two Summer Regionals, the team that wins the first event will automatically qualify for the Summer Championship and be granted top seed for their region. The team that wins the second event will also qualify for the Summer Championship, but will be granted second seed for their region. While this is fairly straightforward, there are several situations that can occur if the same team wins both events for their region, and we’d like to clarify how this will work if it happens.

If the same team wins both Summer Regional 1 and 2, then the second team to qualify for the Summer Championship from that region will be decided as follows:

If the same team achieves second place at both Summer Regional events, then that team will advance to the Summer Championship and receive second seed for their region.
If the second place teams at Summer Regional 1 and 2 are different, they will play a best-of-3 tie-breaker match following the conclusion of Summer Regional 2. The winner of this match will advance to the Summer Championship and receive second seed for their region.
If the second place team from Summer Regional 1 does not qualify for Summer Regional 2, then the second place team from Summer Regional 1 will forfeit the tie-breaker match and the second place team from Regional #2 will advance to the Summer Championship.
The second place team from Regional #1 must retain at least 3 of their 5 roster into Regional #2 to be eligible for the tie-breaker match.

It's hilarious playing as Li-Ming against a Sgt. Hammer. I love Booty Bay and trench tier Hammers because they're going to be bot lane aggressively positioned trying to siege down the first tower before the first minion wave dies. Hammer's fucked the moment she enters siege mode. Every single time. At level 1 you cost her half her health with one maximum distance arcane orb and magic missile combo. When you start to get the orb damage boost talents she loose over two thirds of her health on the opening salvo, if there's any cc or added burst, Hammer is dead. It's like free exp and the enemy team is always down a player.

Li-Ming is fucking stupid.

No in that case the Hammer is stupid. Unless you have a protect the hammer comp never siege up in the early game you're gonna get fucked up. There is no damage increase by going siege mode, attacks just splash. You're not gonna have any trouble laning with stutter stepping as her.

The whole just because you can dilemma,people sadly still haven't learned that at low mmr.

Alur

The little patches of salt on reddit about the MVP Black mount not being gold only, or gold and cash respectively, cracks me up.

I guess I really underestimated the fact that (A) given a large enough group of people, some portion will find a way to be upset about nearly anything and (B) that many people in the west actually care about MVP Black. I'm glad they're putting the mount in and MVP Black is getting a cut. I do wonder if C9 got some recompense for this matter, of if they were just the unlucky first round of guinea pigs.

I really wish Blizzard would take the countless suggestions asking for portraits and other team-related items to be added to the shop in game for those of us who care to pick up like in other mobas. Seems like a no brainer to grow the scene as seeing the logos everywhere spreads that brand recognition/esports awareness, plus it puts money in the team's hands which (hopefully) encourages them to invest further in the game or encourages other teams to enter the fray.

Maledict

I'm pretty sure Greymane will be a hard counter to tracer. The double jump will basically kill her.

I think AA heroes in general will murder her. She has absolutely no defenses against them other than getting out really quickly, and a very low health pool. And yeah, Greymane should eat her alive.

Edit: that system for choosing the second team that goes to the regional is actually quite smart and better than folks were anticipating. Well done blizzard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom