• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
brb using imagination since no pics.

He seems to go up and down in people's esteem depending on the time of day. I haven't played with him much yet because I am busy playing so many other games right now.

98xztIlh.png

sorry, here it is. Loved that match. Went full E build, incredibly fun.

Lombax

Banned
TL;DR: I'd like to start playing Tracer this week, how would I go about doing that?

Morning GAF.

I was listening to the "CORE" podcast this morning on the way into the office. I first I got really excited when I heard that Tracer was available this week, but then got a bit bummed out when I learned that its only for people who pre-ordered Overwatch.

My question is this. If I wanted to play Tracer today would I need to pre-order a digital copy of the origins edition directly from blizzard or would I be able to order it digitally from amazon?

brian!

Dont take my word for it, but since origins costs extra i imagine buying it from any source should include all extras including early tracer. But you should see if ppl are able to use the amazon version for this first, like maybe there are activation schenanigans

Salt Swan

Neo Member
I'm kind of bummed because while I did preorder Overwatch Origins Edition, I did it from a non blizzard store (saved $20 though) so I won't be getting the key until release. I guess I can watch others play Tracer, but it isn't the same.

Milly79

Dont take my word for it, but since origins costs extra i imagine buying it from any source should include all extras including early tracer. But you should see if ppl are able to use the amazon version for this first, like maybe there are activation schenanigans

You can't get the digital version anywhere aside from Blizzard IIRC.

Salt Swan

Neo Member
You can't get the digital version anywhere aside from Blizzard IIRC.

You can buy digital version off of third party sites like G2A (I did). They definitely aren't partners with blizzard or anything so they can't give out the keys to add to your blizzard account immediately after purchase, but they can send them out on release day

Milly79

You can buy digital version off of third party sites like G2A (I did). They definitely aren't partners with blizzard or anything so they can't give out the keys to add to your blizzard account immediately after purchase, but they can send them out on release day

Ah. Didn't know that. I just looked at Amazon and they only had physical copies. I think the only way you get her today is through Blizzard.

Alur

Oh, wow, that sucks. I thought folks were running OW on lower end systems in the beta test weekend? I may be wrong on that. I just remember several people telling me how well it was optimized and how much better it runs for them than HOTS.

I think AA heroes in general will murder her. She has absolutely no defenses against them other than getting out really quickly, and a very low health pool. And yeah, Greymane should eat her alive.

That's my thought as well. That's why I've reserved my "she's gonna be broken" comments. Seems like a few stray auto attacks in a team fight will really chunk her down.

Ketch

"a few balance changes" also coming with tracer today.

We're planning to release a new Heroes of the Storm patch today, April 19 in order to bring Tracer into the Nexus for players who pre-purchased digital copies of Overwatch: Origins Edition from Battle.net, make a few balance changes, and bring several other improvements to the game!

more health buffs to tychus?

more nerfs to Li Ming?

artanis baseline charge?

edit: herp a derp here's the patch notes: http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20099322 It is artanis charge... and greymane nerfs? adjustments? he gets a quest talent. changes to shrines and towers of doom.

Incendiary Elixir (Talent) has been redesigned as a Quest Talent that reads as follows:
Every time you damage an enemy Hero with the splash damage from Gilnean Cocktail, increase the impact damage by 2 and the splash damage by 6 (stacks up to 20 times). Once you’ve hit 20 Heroes, also reduce Gilnean Cocktail’s cooldown by 2 seconds

that's the lvl 7 always explodes talent being replaced. Overall, I'd say nerf, just because you will now miss more often and can't poke from as far, and can't interrupt objectives as easily. Needed or not? I'm not sure... GM pretty stronk, don't think it messes with him too much, but makes him less good "all around". promotes going for the throat playz

artanis changes: revert the last hp and hp regen buff he got. Twin blades now gives zealot charge baseline at half the range. lvl 16 charge talent increases charge to previous range. This hero will not only be viablo, but prossible disgusting and got damnit I don't want to hear anybody say "focus artanis".

infernal shrines:
Developer Comments: Although we are very happy with the current tuning of Infernal Shrines, we have been noticing a tendency to under-value the first couple of Punishers. In order to help incentivize players into valuing them, we have boosted their starting Health and decreased their early scaling values to compensate. While early event Punishers should be a bit stronger, any event past the 15-minute mark should be identical to those from the previous patch.
And they buffed ice punishers root a little bit. changes will shift the meta, makes split pushing overall much weaker on the map.

Towers of Doom:
Events in which three Altars spawn at once will now only occur twice per game, during the first and fifth Altar events.

Developer Comments: We wanted to remove the triple Altar spawns when they are more likely to be game ending events. We still feel that triple Altar events offer interesting gameplay moments that ask teams to fight over 3 locations at the same time, but we don’t feel it’s a good experience when a team's Core Health is low and they don’t think they can contest the Altars to prevent a loss.

I don't think I like it.... probably increases match length on the map, maybe. 5 alter phases is probably GG no matter what anyway though, so 3 alters at that point has gotta seal the deal. I guess it's something like 2 minutes per shrine phase... and then estimate approx. 2 minutes of fighting over shrines per shrine phase, and that's approximately a 20 minute game.... so we'll see I guess. probably no impact outside of first shrine phase.... maybe it makes matches more toxic when you're team loses 2/3 or 3/3 shrines at the frist shrine phase and some asshole declares GG.

Maledict

Not a fan of the greymane change at all - feels like they have completely missed the point and reason why people took that talent. Cocktail is a *terrible* ability without it - the new talent just significantly nerfs the hero.

Artanis Q seems good, glad to see he has a charge baseline. Will definitely start seeing him more in games I think unless the range is tiny.

This is kinda big

Illidan’s Betrayer’s Thirst Trait will no longer provide cooldown reduction for Basic Attacks that miss due to Blind or Evasion effects.

Greymane is a great hero but for some reason they just continue to nerf his 1 build instead of making other builds viable.

Alur

Greymane with auto-splash Q is annoying af, but otherwise that ability kind of sucks IMO. Not sure why they were so deadset on removing it.

Greymane is a great hero but for some reason they just continue to nerf his 1 build instead of making other builds viable.

Yeah, can't say I understand it. And it's not like he was broken or anything. Just a really good hero...so not sure what the problem is I guess?

Score Screen

A “Mute Player Pings” button has been added to the in-game Score Screen (TAB) to the left of the “Mute Player Chat" button.

Additionally, “Mute Pings” and “Mute All” options have been added to the player context menu, accessed by clicking the Cog button to the right of the “Mute Player Chat” button.

Blocking a player will now automatically mute that player’s in-game pings so long as they remain on the Blocked Communication list.

Good news for the good guys, bad news for the trolls in the lower brackets.

Not a fan of the greymane change at all - feels like they have completely missed the point and reason why people took that talent. Cocktail is a *terrible* ability without it - the new talent just significantly nerfs the hero.

Artanis Q seems good, glad to see he has a charge baseline. Will definitely start seeing him more in games I think unless the range is tiny.

Agreed, that really sucks with Greymane. That skill is garbage now, big nerf to him :(. Pretty happy about the Artanis change though

Alur

AA Greymane could be a thing, I suppose. His autos are pretty good, but that gets back into "is there a better AA option?" I honestly don't know in that regard.

I am happy about Artanis, though. Should be interesting to see him more often.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"This play mode is currently disabled"

Wtf is going on

halp

Alur

Yoshichan has the curse of the bambino. Literally any time he tries to pop back into HOTS/the thread, something breaks or is broken. It's uncanny lol

Maledict

Tried the new greymane talent against Elite AI. Took me until 13 minutes into the game to finish it, and tbh it didn't seem to make that much difference. Hitting heroes with the explosion is *hard*. Part of the problem is that it comes very late, and you basically need to take the cocktail talents early on if you want to be able to easily complete the quest.

Feels like a rush job to be honest with you. It's a straight up nerf to a good, but not broken, hero, and if this is the way they are going they need to adjust the numbers a bit (suggest merging the level 7 and level 4 talent, putting it at 43, and then giving him something else to take at 7 that increases his sustain or something). Also they need to revert the nerf they gave it in damage a while back - that's definitely no longer needed.

Alur

Wait, how did you already try the new talent? The patch is live but Tracer/MVP Black mounts are not?

That's weird.

Maledict

Wait, how did you already try the new talent? The patch is live but Tracer/MVP Black mounts are not?

That's weird.

Yep, patch is live. Tracer is available to try, but not playable. Shop has updated and the MVP black mount is there (although not on the front screen). Changes to Artnais and Greymane are both live.

However... it seems like nothing actually works apart from AI mode, as people can't get into quick match.

Tracer is amazing fun to move around, but has zero wave clear and her dps is about 430 sustained at level 20. So she's not op out of the box I think.

Alur

EU getting stuff first?!?!

HOW DARE BLIZZARD THIS IS NA AND YOU ARE IN NA HOW COULD YOU BLIZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Kappa

Alur

I see mewnfare playing, but not sure if he's on NA or EU. I have nothing on my launcher or in game =/. I've relaunched and completely exited out of the game and the launcher 4 times now.

RIP the dream.

EDIT: The site says the patch shouldn't start for NA til right now...how is he playing?

kirblar

Greymanes been neaar 100% pick ban for a while. Theyre nerfing him by incteasing his skill cap because they thought that talent was a must pick since it made his poke ezmode.

Alur

Still nothing. Servers up, no patch. I am cry.

We're still working to resolve an issue preventing players who pre-purchased digital copies of Overwatch: Origins Edition via Battle.net from accessing Tracer in Heroes of the Storm.

Until we have this resolved, we will have to delay maintenance for the Americas login region for a little while longer. Apologies for the inconvenience, we'll keep you updated as we make progress.

Sadface.

Update 9:50 a.m. PDT (6:50 p.m. CEST):

We're still working to resolve an issue preventing players who pre-purchased digital copies of Overwatch: Origins Edition via Battle.net from accessing Tracer in Heroes of the Storm. Maintenance will begin for the Americas region once this is fixed up. Thank you for your patience!

EDIT: Is there a streamer that is more blunt with his viewers than mewnfare? I stop short of calling it salt, because most of his snark about things the chat says are warranted, but man. It's kind of amazing he gets so many viewers cause he constantly battles them.

Alur

Update 10:05 a.m. PDT (5:50 p.m. CEST):

We're beginning patch maintenance for the Americas region while we continue to work toward resolving an issue preventing players who pre-purchased digital copies of Overwatch: Origins Edition via Battle.net from accessing Tracer in Heroes of the Storm in Europe.

We'll keep you updated as we make progress.

Alur

Its gotta be a skin, they cant get their existing sniper right.

I dunno. They are two different beings. With no stealth, Widowmaker would be much easier to balance...the vision would be OpieOP though. With that said, I agree, it's probably just a skin.

Yeah I think that's a Widowmaker skin

It looked pretty good ported in. Feels like all that stuff will translate well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom